amuck-landowner

The truth about ColoCrossing

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
I struggle to understand why people get so caught up in this, if the business model is bad it will fail, if it is good but has questionable moral methods, as long as it is legal in business then that is up to them if you don't like it ignore them.

The more someone is ignored the faster they go away, to be honest I had never really even heard of CC until the controversy started now they are the first provider I think of when ever anyone mentions Chicago so everyone has done an excellent job of brand recognition for them, they must love you guys :)

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
You want to offer services from Chicago? :wub:
Some time this or next year yes, I would not use CC though, I am simply saying the people of 'we hate CC' have done a bang job of brand recondition.

The reason the amount of CC based offers is UP on LEB is not because of CC controlling CC IMO, it is because so many people have made so many other people aware that you can get stupid cheap servers and as many IP's as you want in CC so up goes the provider count in CC.

Think about it VD gets dragged through the mud daily and has done for years, everyone mentions the insane cheap prices, people ignore everything else and go for the best price... so negative reviews and comments turn in to a positive marketing machine. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Left unchallenged for their many misdeeds and deceptions, they'll continue to grow and act with utter disregard. 

Free advertising and branding for them, sure, to some extent.  I'm fairly certain though they aren't benefiting.   Folks have been banned for truth telling on their sites.  So clearly, they want the noise to stop.

now they are the first provider I think of when ever anyone mentions Chicago
It's pretty hard not to think of the house brand ChicagoVPS when it literally is the name of the subsidiary equals a very common market for services.  It's not like say FDCServers or Steadfast should come to mind first as neither has the degree of name relativity.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The reason the amount of CC based offers is UP on LEB is not because of CC controlling CC IMO, it is because so many people have made so many other people aware that you can get stupid cheap servers and as many IP's as you want in CC so up goes the provider count in CC.
At the end of the day, providers from all over submit offers.  It is a big planet and not everyone is interested in 6 markets in the United States.

What gets approved on LEB, is via intentional publishing of offers.  They pick and choose the offers that see daylight.  

They pick the house brand because they can and it materially benefits them.

I don't know how much you have kept up, but one company runs CC offers for a bunch of different companies it owns. That is known to CC, yet totally kosher.  Probably a dozen offers on LEB this year alone from this one company.  Ahh, ServerHub, B2 Net, ServerMania, Aim2Game, etc.

Now the contention that awareness has lead IDIOT wanna-be-providers to CC for cheapskate deals has real merits.  There's no doubt that is happening.  Ask around and see how well say Buffalo is selling.

Now ask those providers how well VPS sales are on those server(s) they committed to in Buffalo.  

Little funny fact, last hack-go-round spelled out that CVPS actually had less customers in their own Buffalo hosting back yard than another location and it isn't Chicago.

I'll ignore them when they self destruct or are acquired by a business with a working moral compass.  Someone acquires them with the same skewed reality approach, I'll tar and feather them.

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
thetooth84.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
At the end of the day unless someone provides any actual proof that CC is corrupt, or doing anything illegal, actual proof not a bunch of coincidence then I would like to stop seeing thread after thread about them like someone just gets off on trolling them, it is annoying.

I agree that  they have done some less than moral moves, but illegal.. no

I am one step away from making a leave Brittany alone video at this stage because it all just seems childish and petty. please stop clogging up the forums I visit with this crap, this is not a demand just a not so polite request :)

I appreciate the digging work some people do to show out and out criminals but honestly these recent piles of here say is just getting annoying. it is nothing but assumptions and twisting things to a cause.. they dont offer health care... that is their choice, they removed EOR posts due to a contract dispute, again, they can do that, nothing illegal they operate the LEB site as a business.

When someone has some actual proof of something they are willing to stand by I am all over that with a double thumbs up, but it seems every provider/DC/Company that dares do anything a few select people don't like and we have an area 51 conspiracy theory being touted as proof. I am telling you now it is directly because of these threads I think internet+chicago and my first thought is CC so you have done a bang up job of brand recognition for them.

This will be my last post on any of these sham threads, if I disagree or think someone is being a dick for posting here say in the future I will simply reply to the thread with some random rubbish like... get a job, get a life, sniff some grass.

ramnet

Verified Provider
Well, seeing as how the OP to this thread has removed his post, and everything else appears to be speculation, i think this thread should be closed by the mods.

And seeing as how many providers on these forums use CC's services, they can't be that bad.

At this point the discussion is just going around in circles imo

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yes, I did, for almost a decade, till May of last year.. 
A decade?  That's nearly the entire existence of Velocity/Colocrossing.

I think I've asked elsewhere, but for sake of the naysayers...  Colocrossing / Velocity claimed, they actually promoted the fact on their homepage that a sub brand had TWO CISCO ENGINEERS with over 18 years combined.  

Do you find that claim to be false on CC's end and intended to mislead potential customers into trusting them?

And seeing as how many providers on these forums use CC's services, they can't be that bad.
How many folks on these forums probably chow on a McDonald's hamburger or shop at Walmart? All  are equally poor indicators of a companies moral compass, integrity, fairness, etc.  Popularity and perception are not equal to reality.

amuck-landowner