amuck-landowner

The truth about ColoCrossing

You've been an enigma of sorts to me.  Lots of interest has surrounded your name for quite a while (related to CC).  Obviously, you must know your name appears on their employee roles for Velocity.  Plus you and Gibson are tied together for a special high performance gaming company subsidiary.
You have me at a disadvantage, what kind of interest has surrounded my name? 

Gibson did not do anything in the game server field. He was an author of a VoIP program that was a total waste of money. No insult to him, he just wrote a program in a field he didn't understand. It had potential, but it was too late. It was a design nightmare, was buggy, crashed all the time. didn't scale well, etc. I cringe thinking about all of it. 

Jack

So we have:

1. Jack, a provider in the community who rented servers from Colocrossing.  He became displeased with CC and vocal (his posts here).  Jon and Linda Biloh started their yelling and legal threats or just to pull down GRE tunnels on Jack.  Jack retreated by pulling the posts.
No... I was away for the weekend so haven't had chance to post on here I removed the content due to Robby's request Jon hasn't said a thing to me regarding the matter.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
You have me at a disadvantage, what kind of interest has surrounded my name? 
CC has churned through people and few have made it onto the various corporate employee lists.  Your name though has been fairly prominent.

I believe the performance gaming brand was Summitservers:

http://www.summit-servers.com/aboutus.php

First conceptualized nearly two years ago, Summit is the brain child of two ex-Cisco engineers. With over 18 years of combined networking experience, they began laying the ground work for an entity that would one day revolutionize the server hosting arena. Fast forward two years, thousands of hours of work, hundreds of o/s builds and nearly 100,000 lines of code - Summit Performance Servers enters the market place. 
I remember seeing press about this offering being BSD based (something you contribute to).

And this:

Buffalo, NY - December 11th, 2009 -

Summit Servers is pleased to announce 2 new package types for Source and 1.6:

The EXTREME packages have their own internal booster software that increases the accuracy of the server's notion of time, among other things. We are very impressed with the performance this gives to the users.

Initial pricing (with coupon code: summitextreme) is $69.95.

Source Package

1.6 Package

Remeber to use coupon "summitextreme" to save money on this latest and greatest package from your Performance Leader, Summit.

If you have any questions, please contact:

Gary "Monk" Stanley

[email protected]

As for Gary Gibson, he was involved somehow up there since, oh, Jon boy was 10.   I've seen public printed materials with Gibson was purported to be the owner of CC and the address for contact, it wasn't in Buffalo.

There is also this nagging issue about a $16k gaming prize that CC didn't pay and the lawsuit that ensued.   More interesting is where the papers were served.  Again, not Buffalo, but another NY city.

There's obviously more.   People care since Jon and Colocrossing have been running all sorts of misrepresentations in these communities.  Shell companies, strong arming their customers, lying their hinds off about owning and running two sites like this (LET and LEB).

I think your name was being used to puff CC / Velocity up while not receiving any benefit on your end.  This is a claim Chris Fabozzi has made about himself.  Familiar with Chris at all?

I've never spoken to that Chris person in my life, I have no idea who he is, what he does. I've heard of him, but never talked to him. 

Summit was a company to take on HiDef and others; It was pretty good for the most part (this was so long ago, I was in my mid 20s when that company was formed). Once CAL died, so did summit. No need for 'high performance servers', so I used my knowledge and helped out people like Robby, who took the ball and kept goin with it. I was happy to know that what we did had a much larger impact on the GSP market.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I wonder why they'd want this place.
Haha, me too.

The deal was just too eerily similar to when CC bought LET/LEB from Joel. The offer would have meant I did the exact same thing Joel did, and not announce it, and keep it quiet. As much as I could use the $$$, it'd have meant that I did the exact same thing I bitched about when CC took over LET/LEB. I'd be the hypocrite with a short supply of cash that'd not be able to stick my face back in the industry again, or atleast the lowend industry. (Which wouldn't be horrible as it's a shit industry anyway, haha)

But yeah, no idea what their intentions were. I don't think it'd be used to pump and promote RLT brands. They can see how that worked for Colocrossing and the mistrust the industry has in them now. If they did that, they'd be learning quickly that people would be losing faith in them as a company fast. Possibly just wanted to buy it out for the ad-revenue potential that could be generated, while staying on the sidelines and not having a strong presence on here.

The conversation never really made it that far, so I don't know.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
???

Acronym Definition

RLT Relating to

RLT Real Life Test

RLT Raleigh Little Theatre

RLT Revocable Living Trust

RLT Regional Leadership Team

RLT Regimental Landing Team

RLT Reformulation-Linearization Technique (computer programming)

RLT Real Life Technologies (trademark of Hewlett-Packard)

RLT Release Link Trunk

RLT Regina Little Theatre

RLT Red Letter Tribe (band)

RLT Rolling Liquid Transporter

RLT Riemann-Liouville Transform

RLT Recover Log Tracking

RLT Reorder Lead Time

RLT Reliable Liaison Thailand, Co Ltd (Bangkok, Thailand)

RLT Robert Ludlam Theatre (UK)

RLT Regional Lead Team (Wallace Center National Good Food Network)

RLT Risk Limitation Technology (banking and insurance industries)

RLT Relocatable Target

submit new definition

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Oh come on, you know I mean Root Level Technology. Haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner