amuck-landowner

The truth about Mao and BuyVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

maounique

Two things:

1) Aldryic was/is right, only deluded idealists think Tor is used as a legitimate free speech tool

2) Don't paint him as someone who has 'hate for anonymity and free speech' when you wrongly conflate anonymity with free speech (and Tor usage with both) when anonymity is nearly always detrimental to the concept of free speech and dissidence.
That is a completely different topic but you are very wrong there. Only anonymous people can post free otherwise their bosses at least will get some word. See Jarland attacks against Prometeus for me expressing political views. If you need ore explanations on these themes and more examples, open a different topic.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
The words of anonymous people carry no weight though
40 years ago the words of an anonymous person named Deep Throat helped bring down the presidency of Tricky Dick. :)

If the anonymous person is a whistleblower or informant then their message does carry weight if they can back up their words with  facts and documents. The identity of the whistleblower or informant is often irrelevant because they are merely messengers helping bring the truth (in the form of facts and documents that expose a crime, corruption, etc.) to the public.

anonymity is nearly always detrimental to the concept of free speech and dissidence.
Journalists fight to protect their sources for a reason.  There are many times when anonymity is the only way to safely get a message out, or for dissidents to expose the wrong doings of those in power. 

Last edited by a moderator:

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
If the anonymous person is a whistleblower or informant then their message does carry weight if they can back up their words with  facts and documents,

Right, but the trade-off for providing proof for their messages involves giving up at least some anonymity.

It's not like Deep Throat was completely anonymous, since Bob Woodward knew his identity and even called him at home.

maounique

I am not completely anonymous either, with a proper warrant, everyone can find out who I am. It is the anonymity against the people in power and people you depend on that matters. For example, lets give the example of Jarland again, if I had a shop in US and expressed those views, he would have had his church people with baners in front of it denouncing the satanists inside that give the red white and blue a black eye. If I wasnt the owner, the real one would really fire me to prove he is a god-fearing true blooded american standing for god and freedom against the evil.

You cannot be free without anonimity, they will get to you, right now the judiciary is all that stands in their way, when warrants will be given without asking questions (and that is close, really close, just blackmail a few judges, some are already in their field) there will be no coice but going underground.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
If you try to connect to localhost.re it gives you a Cloudflare error like that.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
If you try to connect to localhost.re it gives you a Cloudflare error like that.
Ah, okay. Gotcha.

So is both parties now at an understanding?

Mao, do you understand now where they were coming from? Fran/Aldy, do you now understand where Mao is coming from? I don't care if you agree with each other, that's not what I asked, but is this public disagreement over yet?

maounique

From my side it is over as long as Aldryic no longer calls names and makes global judgements, regarding Francisco, not yet, he implicated Salvatore which had nothing to do with it, except he didnt agree to fire me at his "kind request" (since he doesnt agree it was blackmail). In fact all this installment is the result of that. I may understand the rest, but this is not understandable, we are going again over the freedom of speech thing, the ban didnt silence Mao, in fact made things worse and now we try to silence Mao like that ? Then what difference it is between religion and BuyVM ? Who does not agree with us must die of hunger ? Not that this is the case, but it seems they at least thought so. Francisco thought he can silence me by making Salvatore fire me.

When that didnt work he started to attack him too because he somehow supports me ? How can this be, if you do not fire people for their views, does that mean you support those views ? Hello ?

I can agree with attacks (as long as they are against me, not a whole category of people), I can even understand the reasons, but I will never understand the attacks against the freedom of speech.

BuyvM doesnt like my views. They deny they ever had an issue and it was my craziness and all those people posting speedtests were also in league with me, they deny they banned me or contributed somehow to it, fine, I do not agree this is how it happened but, anyway that was a long time ago, I merely pointed it out to prevent others from making the same mistakes and we can go past that. But the attempt to silence me again through other means plainly proves my point, not to mention the way Salvatore was treated in all this.

So, it is not over before Francisco apologises at least to Salvatore. I couldnt care less for my part.

telephone

So is both parties now at an understanding?

Mao, do you understand now where they were coming from? Fran/Aldy, do you now understand where Mao is coming from? I don't care if you agree with each other, that's not what I asked, but is this public disagreement over yet?
Not until I stir the pot one last time :popcorn:

From my side it is over as long as Aldryic no longer calls names and makes global judgements, regarding Francisco, not yet, he implicated Salvatore which had nothing to do with it, except he didnt agree to fire me at his "kind request" (since he doesnt agree it was blackmail). In fact all this installment is the result of that. I may understand the rest, but this is not understandable, we are going again over the freedom of speech thing, the ban didnt silence Mao, in fact made things worse and now we try to silence Mao like that ? Then what difference it is between religion and BuyVM ? Who does not agree with us must die of hunger ? Not that this is the case, but it seems they at least thought so. Francisco thought he can silence me by making Salvatore fire me.

When that didnt work he started to attack him too because he somehow supports me ? How can this be, if you do not fire people for their views, does that mean you support those views ? Hello ?

I can agree with attacks (as long as they are against me, not a whole category of people), I can even understand the reasons, but I will never understand the attacks against the freedom of speech.

BuyvM doesnt like my views. They deny they ever had an issue and it was my craziness and all those people posting speedtests were also in league with me, they deny they banned me or contributed somehow to it, fine, I do not agree this is how it happened but, anyway that was a long time ago, I merely pointed it out to prevent others from making the same mistakes and we can go past that. But the attempt to silence me again through other means plainly proves my point, not to mention the way Salvatore was treated in all this.

So, it is not over before Francisco apologises at least to Salvatore. I couldnt care less for my part.
1) "he implicated Salvatore which had nothing to do with it"

In a sense you did the same thing. Your "beef" was with Aldyric, yet you pursued this matter sooo much that Fran finally snapped... You've been publicly defacing BuyVM for over a year, and you expect things to be just peachy?

2) I could implicate both Aldryic and yourself, but since you started this, I'm going to pin it on you

I've concluded from your relentless posting that you've posted at least a few of these comments while on the clock. By that deduction alone, Sal (your employer) should be involved... In any other industry you would have been sent to the HR department for abusive comments and public defacing while at work.

^ Even off work... The HR department never sleeps!

3) "In fact all this instalment is the result of that"

Bull. This is the same argument from over a year ago that you've continued. That comment just gave you more "fuel" to pursue BuyVM. Even without Fran intervening, you still would have posted 10+ pages of pissing and moaning.

What happens if Sal gets an apology, will you just let this go? NOPE... You'll let it die for now, but the next chance you get you'll make some snide remark about BuyVM.

4) Supposed "hacking" comment

I should have clarified this in my previous post, but how I took Fran's comment was that he threatened to provision a VM so he could piss and moan for years about your VM's like you've done about his:

E.g. "My VM's load spiked at 12am... YOU MUST BE OVERLOADING YOUR NODES!!!"

E.g. "I'm only getting 50 MB/s DD tests... YOU MUST BE OVERLOADING YOUR NODES!!!"

E.g. "Only 1 MB/s to China... YOUR NETWORK IS SHIT!!!"

On the same note, just because someone has intimate knowledge about a subject doesn't mean you should assume the worst:

E.g. "My next door neighbor is an Iranian engineer... He must be making bombs for terrorists".

5)

HFSoOhF.jpg
 ​
 ​
See y'all next year at the annual Mao vs BuyVM get-together

maounique

I admitted I should have not implicated BuyVM, but how to show their network is overloaded and this is why Aldryic throws shit on some people ? It took me while to pinpoint the problem. They dont agree and say their problem started then because the DC suddenly oversells the traffic. I made my case, they made theirs everyone know by now the data, they drawn own conclusions. It is not that I didnt give time and a lot of data to aldryic before I concluded he does not want to protect the bsiness from complaints due exit nodes, but in fact to have a pretext to ban it altogether that I started to look at their issue. He never admitted the problem, therefore I had to continue to prove it, he had a lot of fans that were used to throw mud, it was something crazy from my part but this is why freespeech is important so minority opinions can be voiced not only the opinions of the majority. At the end the proof was done, but I was still banned which created a whole new problem.

I mentioned the issue on LET only as an example on how NOT to handle things. Francisco had probably a bad day and started to threaten me and Prometeus in order to silence me. That, of course, needed another response. See the pattern ?

The issue was dead, I was only mentioning it in the new context at LET where I felt things are going in the same direction. They do ban people for fabricated reasons, ban evasion my ass, if that was the reason, they would have not banned him after many pages, but after the first post and delete the thread if that was the reason, but they hoped he didnt have the proof or it was weak enough to be swept under the carpet. That is just an example.

Nope, It was not against BuyVM, it was against CC, but Francisco insisted to try to silence me, even tho I warned him those threats are recorded, he kept going on and then when salvatore asked for explanations he attacked him too for not giving in to his demands.

You would have just let it go if Francisco was threatening your boss to fire you ? I dont think so.

And we should remember that I didnt have a VM with them at the time, it was maybe a year since I dropped it due to the same network issues, I even forgot about it since I had 100 or so providers in the past and BuyVM didnt seem stellar at all, just good and cheap, but I needed the network so there was no choice. He didnt need to "provision himself" anything, I used only Aldryic's arguments and the facts posted by other people in the campaign to prove they have a network issue.

Now, I dont say he should have done the same to keep the field leveled, it wil not be possible to replicate those conditions, I have no say in how LET is run, jon is not my friend I help because is incompetent, I even suspect he hates me, nor do I have 50 faithful people which will never read his arguments, just post memes against him and call him names. He had all the conditions to break me but didnt manage because there was indeed a network problem it just took a long time before people started the tests and comparisons.

I am not on the clock. Everyone knows this is not a 9-5 job, so the argument is moot.

Trust me I dont have the time, energy and motivation to continue this. I was forced because it needed to be public before he actually does it so there will be no doubt who hacked it. The threat looked very credible coming from someone who had a lot of experience with solus. Ittooke me 2 weeks to analyse the issue and decide I have no choice but to go public with it

And, btw, why did he mention solus in particular ? "I will provision myself a VM later so I can start s**t" would have been still off-key, he could have said something along the line "I will buy a vm from you so I have something to pick on". This is how I would have said it, and I am absolutely fine with that, he can do that, he has the right, I never denied this. I know Prometeus is not perfect, having someone after us to pick on all the things would have been a motivation to improve things and a lot of free publicity, so, that is OK, I said, bring it on, hacking solus is not. Aldryic maintained all the time he will refuse service to me even tho I had no intention to buy anything to get framed with something, I will not use the ToS provision we cna refuse service to anyone to deny service to him, as long as he abides by the rules everything is fine.

I didnt assume the worst only after he threatened Prometeus with it. If your next door Iranian Engineer is having a big portrait with bin laden in his living room i think you should be concerned.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
=== Notice: Moderator Hat is Off ===

Ok... I've been reading this entire post from back at Page 10 (last time I read this).

Mao, I respect you and your opinions and I would fight for your right to post (like rest of us have said before, there's no reason for us or anyone to ban you because you're not going around using stolen credit cards or doing anything illegal). Almost everything I've wanted to say has already been said before (therefore I will not be re-iterating it in here).

I also have the highest respect for Fran, Aldryic, Salvador (Sorry I'll stop mentioning you after this post, you're not really involved in this!), and YOU.

Now. I'm trying to say this in a more constructive manner.

Your remaining arguments seem to be focused on the following points:

- The "Hacking" Contact

- Involvement/Dragging of Prometeus (Brand) into the mix

In Terms of the "Hacking" Comment:

Not everyone keeps track of what another company does. Prometeus is one of the companies I have the most services with and I didn't even know you had manual provisioning! Even if you've mentioned manual provisioning I probably only retained it for a short time (then forgot it). Now, yes this more catered to my own experience but maybe many people were unaware to manual provisioning.

Involvement/Dragging Prometeus into the Argument:

If what Fran states is true (and I will admit I trust him in addition to trusting you), then yeah 2 years of someone breathing down your neck does get irritating after a while. Granted yes he reacted poorly but we do have to hand it to him for keeping it together for an entire two years to begin with. It may not be your intent... Let me rephrase that. It was not your intent to affect anyone else but Aldryic, but you just didn't realize your actions had collateral damages.

In addition, when someone brings up a failure/mistake by another brand constantly, it does get frustrating for the brand owner/managers/anyone related to it because you're bringing up a possible memory that might pain them, or something they'd prefer not to be aired frequently. And yet you claim that you're using this for "education" purposes? Come on man. I see the picture you're painting, but you're failing to address the points that you seemed to have missed the extent of collateral damage. I've read Fran's response to your comments and I agree yes while Fran does seem to act dickish it never specifically states there is a Solus Exploit or any malicious intent directed at your web interface. Now was there malicious intent directed at you? Yes. Maybe by using the automatic provisioning (assumption here, the manual provisioning crowd is in the minority here so maybe they didn't know you had manual provisioning) he was going to purchase a service from you and then comment on how horrible it is/was. "During my short time with ____...". That's the only actual logical course I can obtain from that comment.

Edit in this paragraph: It seems I didn't add anything about how Prometeus the brand got dragged into it. Well, what I meant to convey was that you constantly mentioned BuyVM this, BuyVM that (e.g. BuyVM's bandwidth ___) as an attempt to irritate Aldryic. I know an eye for an eye is not a good policy to go by, but it was matter of time (with this continuing) that it'd end up that way.

While we're on the topic of proof (or somewhat near it), I think Mao your definition/criteria of the proof is different from many other individual's definition/criteria for proof. The only actual creditable source of "proof" I've observed were the screenshots of the PMs which I believe everyone else has accepted as how the actual exchange of communication happened between you two. But, what I don't consider proof is how you've been basing several claims off of it. Basically saying "I've built up my credibility through this, so now ____ is also proof because I said it.". I could be incorrect and may have misunderstood what you were saying, but that's how I felt.

This puts me at an awkward place because both parties did have their issues, but from the way I see it and the way I can relate to everything it just seems like you finally pushed a bit too hard.

Also, this is to everyone.

I've told you all to keep all the LEB/LET bullshit at the door when we all first constructed this community. Obviously we've re-established similar opinions on certain entities and on certain organizations. But really, this is one of the few times I'll stress this. Please leave all your LEB/LET hates and woes at the door (for those of you joining us). Start with a clean slate. Recreate your opinions from the information presented from here on out. We don't want the LEB/LET drama crap here.

Also, mkpossen has all the right to be here. Yes he's affiliated with CC and LEB/LET. But he's not an individual with malicious intent. Yes I disagree with some of his work on LEB/LET, but there's no reason to bring that over here when he's being an individual giving his own two cents.

Now yes, I am biased. I try to be as neutral as I can be and but there will be a little bit of biased here and there regardless (no-one can truly be 100% unbiased).

No-one is going to ban anyone. No-one is trying to censor anyone (except script kiddies and spam). I understand several people may say it and not really care too much about it, but as one of the guys on the other side of the fence I can say I do feel a bit sensitive (and defensive) when people say we're trying to screw with other people. We work hard (may not seem like it, but seriously) to be as fair and as reasonable as we can. And hell to help the community as much as we can. Creating such accusations like that just makes our stomach churn. Same could be said about your companies as well. So come on guys, is this really how you want to go about it?

I've bashed LEB/LET a little in my thread here, and after saying that Yeah... I'm pretty hypocritical. I apologize for that.

Anyways, I'm probably not going to read this thread anymore. If I do well.... then... I guess I got sucked back into it. PLEASE PLEASE be friendly to each other and lets not make an even bigger fuss over this than it already is. Anyways have a good day guys :)

-Pie

tldr: I shoot monkeys out of my ass and eat ice cream. Just read the paragraph after "this is for everyone".

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Why am I still being dragged into this shit?  Starting to get tired of giving full explanations, and still seeing the same BS being slung around. "Ald being mean, Ald talking trash, Ald calling names"

You folks have never truly seen me on the offensive.  One of my favourite bits so far in this thread:

"Aldryic decided to go in a shit throwing campaign" - Fuck Ald. That guy isn't someone I want to be debating with on wishy washy stuff. Odds are he spent some time not on the debate team but in some gov ops program being taught to make normal folks feel less than worthy. I like and respect Ald, but he can pour some words out that leave you feeling beat up at times.
As BTO once put it, you ain't seen nothing yet.  Keep dragging me into this mess and I'm going to assume that we didn't just put our mutual issues to rest a couple pages ago.

SrsX

Banned
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what I understand from this drama:

Mao's butt is sore.

Aldryic is being a good Pony and defending his company (w/ Francisco sometimes posting in the thread)

Aldryic and Francisco have proof to backup their statements, where Mao does not.

Mao keeps pulling stuff out of his ass, and sometimes brings stuff up from years ago, which are most likely fixed today.

maounique

You seem to base your entire pro-buyvm theory on the fact that Francisco did not explicitly say "I will hack your solusvm".

You also avoid the context. He explictly threatens me (Sal wil reconsider your employment) and he says he will do something that will prove that peace of mind is worth more than having me working for him.

You also "forget" that everyone knows he has extensive solus knowledge he blended parts in his own creation. He also spoke many times about the security holes and claims hs product is immune while now says he is not so smart to be able to create the kind of timed attacks which the localhost.re guy did. Then, how can he be sure his product is safer ? Just because people dont know his code ?

No, everything must be viewed in context.

Did he have the means ? I think yes.

Did he have the opportunity ? Our solus is hiding in plain sight.

Did he have the motivation ? Hell, YES !

What he didnt have is the right. I know it is hard to fight an individual as a company, but he caln certainly press charges if he can prove my allegations were false and they never had a network problem at the time, it is all a fabrication. With the proper warrant he will be able to find out who I am. It is hard, i know, involves proving something wasnt there when everyone knows it was thanks to my efforts. However, there is no excuse going against prometeus, not this way, not with threats, not trying to make Salvatore kick me. Hell, nobody understands in US that personal opinions should have nothing to do with how your performance at work is valued ? I know you guys are used with people sacked and are whole religious and ethnic pressure groups that make this almost a certainty, but in Europe this is much more infrequent. you should not imagine that if Jarland says Prometeus is anti-semitic or promotes terrorism, this is actually so, or Francisco can pressure a company into sacking someone.

Everything happened BEFORE I joined Prometeus. Either way, I will have to continue now to prove that silencing someone using this method doesnt work all the time same as the banning didnt, there is a risk involved that it will backfire. That even if we consider he didnt actually want to hack Solus to teach a lesson.

So, yes, he didnt say I will hack your solus with an exploit I know, nor are the gangstears and extorsionists say they will beat you up or kill you, they mention accidents and falling does that mean they didnt want to do it ?

Why mention Solus in particular ? He wouldnt go to order in Solus right ? It was either in WHMCS or HostBill. I let aside the fact we have manual provisioning BUT we do have many products that do not use solus, including VPSes, not only iwstack, but also cloudmin. Why Solus in particular ? Would that offer worse performance in the VM so he has reasons to moan ? Also the product does not mention IPv6 if he was going to Dallas but we do have it. Why would he moan then for ? For offering more than we advertise ? And also why would Salvatore kick me for getting him a new customer ?

You see, it doesnt make any sense if we do NOT involve hacking, all his threats would have been pointless, not to mention the free publicity he would do picking on us on every thread (I would have loved that, actually, I did a lot of BuyVM publicity it would be nice if they return the favour).

I am sorry, but your (and his, I wonder, doesnt he support this forum too ?) idea has no logic if we exclude hacking, no matter how you spin and twist it.

I did warn him that I will keep the evidence told him the threats are recorded and he said there are no threats. Indeed he was just meaning that Salvatore will give me a bonus as a result of his actions (might have happened, the sales, even without his vm, would have raised and also public exposure, making every thread on LET a Prometeus one, but that was clearly not his intent).

OK, let's say that didnt happen. Salvatore came here and extended his hand, but he also said clearly he wont kick me bcause Francisco demands it, which threw him in a rage and said Salvatore has the same views since he doesnt do what was demanded from him.

Evenwithout the hacking, even if we consider his version you are explaining here again after i rejected it with arguments a few times as being true, this still doesnt give him the right to make such demands. If I work at Google and I ridicule Microsoft for their crazy campaign and Bill Gates calls my boss asking to sack me, will he do it ? Even if i started said campaign as an independent blogger months before I joined Google ?

I have the right to criticize BuyVM and anyone else for that matter. Would I have done it if I was working at prometeus when they started the Tor shit ? Absolutely not. I never attacked any other provider neither did I do it before, but I never dreamt to be given such an opportunity at that time, I didnt even know about Prometeus when Aldryic started all this. But this does not mean BuyVM or anyone else is perfect. I still have the right to do it, might not be nice especially since it was for something in the (far) past, but my intention was never to attack them now was only to show that cc is about to make similar mistakes mistakes they criticized before.

That was all, if i am mentioning historical events does that mean I am criticizing someone ? No I had no intention to start anything again. maybe I cannot prove that same, some people will never accept Francisco didnt have the right to threaten prometeus but we are free to express opinions still ? I proved they had a network problem, they say it wasnt so, should anyone be banned for this ? Especially when people really breaking the wrtten rules are not ?

Even more so should anyone be fired because has an opinion which was different from the one of their boss ? Not that now Francisco didnt manage to convince Salvatore I was right the whole time, or anything, but employers should not force their opinions on the employees, nor hire them according to such criteria.

TL;DR Your theory does not hold water I can bring even more arguments if I analyse the text.

Even if no hacking was involved Francisco had no right to make such demands to Salvatore and on such a tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner