amuck-landowner

The truth about Mao and BuyVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Did I misunderstand it or you are threatening to close the thread ? And, BTW, did you change the title as you said you agreed ? I still see the mock title, even though you said you asked me if to change it or not, I even provided you with an alternative, yet you keep ignoring that :)
Yes, you misunderstood. There is nothing 'threatening' about what I said, sorry if it came off that way. What was the agreed upon title changer? Sorry if I missed it, I'm not following this thread as closely as you are. I'll go through your last posts in it and see where it is.

EDIT: "the truth about Mao and BuyVM" is what you suggested. Is that what you wish to go with? Your thread, your title.

Last edited by a moderator:

maounique

Well, it isn't exactly my thread and it should be The truth about Mao and BuyVM" my capitalization sucks.

For someone who didnt read you were quick to judge it is about long forgotten events, though, when their latest "good deed" to cover up was to blackmail Prometeus.

They say I brought it on, yet they threatened it WAY before he posted here or expressed any oppinion for that matter, in fact, it is the said blackmail that forced him to defend himself. By coming in the open about it, Francisco will no longer be so keen to put his threats into practice, since everyone will know who did it. He has the means (extensive (illegally obtained) knowledge about SolusVM), the motivation (his hatred against me and the need to silence me somehow, blackmailing Prometeus is just the means justiffied by the end) and the opportunity (there must be some exploit he knows about, every software is exploitable by someone with a deep understanding and experience with it, and our Solus is out in the open for the whole internet to connect). He mentions peace of mind being better than having me work for him, this is blackmail and even terrorism in the purest form. I brought Prometeus in ? ME ?

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I still believe that might come to an good end.

In my point of view there are some native speaker / non-native speaker misunderstandings.

And of course a little bit too much love (protective instinct) for the own brand.

So:

• Yep their were network problems
  • Yep the move to Las Vegas was annoying
  • Yep it is not nice to change TOS regarding allowed services
But:

• Everything else is missunderstanding and escalation (vicious circle one)

Things to clarify:

1. Aldryic did not say that Mao favors child ********
  2. Aldryic does hate Tor not idealistic Tor ops
  3. Francisco did not threaten Prometeus
    Hey I can create a VPS on Prometeus too - within seconds - without any hack - I can - hold breath - use the order button too. He wanted to say he can proof his claims by ordering a vps!
    No hack - a simple order!
So everything can be resolved if pride and temper might be allowed to step back. (hopefully)

maounique

I still believe that might come to an good end.

In my point of view there are some native speaker / non-native speaker misunderstandings.

And of course a little bit too much love (protective instinct) for the own brand.

So:

• Yep their were network problems
  • Yep the move to Las Vegas was annoying
  • Yep it is not nice to change TOS regarding allowed services
But:

• Everything else is missunderstanding and escalation (vicious circle one)

Things to clarify:

1. Aldryic did not say that Mao favors child ********
  2. Aldryic does hate Tor not idealistic Tor ops
  3. Francisco did not threaten Prometeus
    Hey I can create a VPS on Prometeus too - within seconds - without any hack - I can - hold breath - use the order button too. He wanted to say he can proof his claims by ordering a vps!

No hack - a simple order!
So everything can be resolved if pride and temper might be allowed to step back. (hopefully)
1. He said it even here, someplace he said that I do this crusade because he might have been right accusing me.

2. I do not understand what you mean.

3. You are joking, right ? Why would have mentioned peace of mind, then ? Have you even read the pictures ? For everyone unbiased they cry out blackmail. At least threats. Like, I will contact your boss salvatore and show him I can hack his Solus if you dont stop and you will lose your job. Since it is clear you have an issue reading those pictures (I am partly guilty, try to take screenshots and post running RDP from your phone and you will see what i mean):

• Francisco December 2013

Why can't Prometeus deliver V6 in Dallas? This is a major problem for the service I have there. I require native V6 and I have no problems dragging this into a 10 page thing like you do every time. I feel this is a real let down as we were promised native V6. I dont care that your datacenter won't deliver it. I demand you cross connect to HE/Nlayer/L3 to deliver this.

Like, really. Look back at that ugvps thread. You turned a thread about a deadbeat father who ran out on 3 of his kids to Buffalo, stole his wifes identity to defraud thousands of dollars. Crystal isn't a fake - She's the real deal and she's going to stick it to every one of them.

Do you realize how insane you look? You somehow found a way to weave me into that all yet you sit and go on about how you think I'm a nice guy.

If you want to waltz, say so and I'll make sure Sal reconsiders your employment by the end of it.

Francisco

• Maounique December 2013

OK, deal, Start your crap and I will reply, as always, with proof.

No problem.

I'll go provision myself a new VM on your solus in a little bit.

Francisco

You do realize these threats are recorded, do you ?

Just to make sure you know what you are getting into.

Oh there's no threats.

You keep taking swings at me yet when I now offer to return it, you start freaking out.

Why must you insist on always being a child with things.

I'm not sure if it translates properly but there's a very simple saying around here, "Peace of mind is a wonderful thing".

Really, go ahead and read back the ugvps things. Try to justify your own replies.

Francisco

I must admit you lost me. I simply said that when you run the place was much worse, yet you got no flak and while CC runs it, despite of everyone agreeing it was better that Chief/BuyVM time, they still get much more flak for it.

This is an obvious fact, nothing that can be hidden or made disappear with threats.

And, sure, if you know an exploit, others do, and that wont be any peace of mind, we will just know who did it.

I never ran it though.

Really, go back years before Chief and see how much effort I put into this place on LEB specifically (since LET2 isn't saved at all). Do you really 100% believe that if I had some full say in this place, that I wouldn't put the same level of dedication into it?

Think about that one and then reply. I'm dying to hear your reply to this one because you've already said it in the past that I'm a pretty dedicated guy.

Francisco

I do not deny you were dedicated towards this place, I never did, however, you are not willing to give CC the same free reign to do what they please.

Full say is relative. Full say in what capacity ? As advisor ? As sine-qua-non helping hand that keeps the money flowing ? As a friend ?

And "run" has many meanings. From the technical (that you admit) to the political (that you do not).

In short (since the TL;DR gang always had a problem with thorough explanations and proof) you were not technically deciding who should be banned and who shouldnt, but you were the committee that made the "friendly suggestion".

I never called names in that thread, never broke any rule, it was Aldryic who did, but I was banned, the difference between us being that I was proving with facts (of which mostly came from others) something he tried to disprove with lies and bullying.

When he lost on the whole line and had to admit the problem, you or him realized what a danger I can be and decided to contain the damage, admit the problem and ban me for future occurence.

You lost and only because you let Aldryic behave like an ass, breaking not only human dignity but also the written rules of the place, you should have known that when he started calling names and stop him, but you continued to instigate people against me even so.

In spite of all this, I do like you and I am sorry for what will happen, but, it will have nothing to do with me, it is simple math and economics.

I have my own company here and until recently prometeus wasnt even the biggest customer, so, you see, your threats are pointless, in a war between us you stand the most to lose and, even if you do win, the wagers are far from equal, so consider your actions well. You know I wont stop bringing this up, not without a formal apology from Aldryic at the very least for the way he acted and insulted me in breach of the written forum rules.

And every time we talk your story gets weaker and weaker that I run the place or placed the ban. You keep confirming what I keep saying. If I ran the place I wouldn't have run it into the ground. Things would have been much different and in short I really do wish I had taken it and just figured out a compromise with the community.

Everyone recommended you get banned. Joel got a slew of PM's about it. I was only involved in the initial technical because Joel didn't know what he was doing. I spent maybe a weekend getting things setup but past that and any technical pointers I didn't login again. Supposedly Joel never removed my keys, though (according to Alex/sysadmin).

Like I said, if you want to waltz then so be it. There is nothing to 'lose', it's simply wasting everyones time but you seem to want to do that? So OK.

You won't get an apology from him because he doesn't care. In reality you stay in a community that's doomed by most people with the only ones sticking around are those that **need* CC to stay alive.

Francisco

OK, start a thread and i will reply, lets settle this for the dead community too, because the live one already knows it.

And banning someone should not be a vote, it is either they broke the rules or not. Nowhere it says the admins have the right to ban left and right as they please, the PMs and flags should have given a reason why and how I broke the rules.

It was aldryic in clear breach, but he was not banned. Your gang is accusing CC of much more with less proof, if it would just happen to ban someone from your people for calling me a cunt for example, everyone would jump the gun to prove how this proves the CC people decide what is done here. And that would be a valid ban reason.

It is annoying when you judge with different measures, I agree nobody can be impartial, but you do not admit the obvious.

Fact is that Chief run it much worse than CC. You admit it was your fault, that is a start. But there is a lot longer to go to reach the truth, no matter how much "weaker" my story gets.

I do not ask for an apology in fact I am glad he didnt do it, I would have had to censor myself otherwise, allow the lies to pass, that would have been worse for me, but better for him, so it is great as it is, I call your bluff, start a thread against prometeus and me, prove how bad we are, how we deceive customers and give crap service with limitations all around, how we falsely advertise things that are not there or oversold to the roof.

I will love it and I guarantee you, many others will. It will be great entertainment for all of us, I mean, the dead part of the community.

Oh I'd just nitpick the V6 stuff since you nitpick a single thing too. Our nodes are stable, plenty of RAM spare and every 256MB+ OpenVZ got an upgrade to pure SSD storage just recently. I think we have a dozen or so nodes pending upgrades but that happens at the start of January when I arrive in LV.

FYI, Aldryic got banned at the same time as you. You both got a timeout for about a week if I remember correctly. I do know he got banned at least once, though.

What are you going to do if Crystal gets into the UGVPS paypal and it has Chris' name on it?

It's unfair to compare Chief to CC. Chief did 0 work and simply moved to sell the place.

Lets be honest, though. If I had kept the community instead of getting Joel involved you would have started even more shit than you try to do now.

Francisco

Nope, I never attacked any other provider. Even another attacker, one of the "I know you all are child molesters" gang, KuJoe even tho lied saying I supported Constantinos and that is why I was banned had 0 slack from me, because he runs an honest business, to my knowledge.

I was supposed to be banned 48 hours, at least the lie in the PM said so, but that lasted much longer and aldryic posted a few hours after, so nope this does not stand. I was sure was permanent and after a couple of weeks i stopped looking until some day I came back to an old vm and i found out it was still logged in somehow...

You can go and throw any accusation, I leave you a headstart, you can nitpick on any number of issues and I will not even compare with your side for the same issue, but you can be sure others will remember.

You cannot win this and you know it. One thing you can be sure of I will have a lot of fun and this time you do not have the 90% majority you had in that thread when people even when seeing the problem were still ready to back you up and attack me. This time you cant ban me either so it will be a fair fight especially since you wont be able to finish it if you start calling names.

You lost this place, it is over, you have another and I dont go in your yard, though I could and banning me would start a lot more shit but I do value a lot of people there so you got carte blanche there. I will just call your BS comparing the CC with BuyVM rule each time the accusations start flowing.

I do agree CC sucks, but does so a lot less than Joel and Aldryic did.

maounique

So, you can get the proof from above:

1. Francisco owned the community and involved Joel so I or someone else could not nitpick on that. He also admits Chief did 0 work, yet he only helped a bit in the beginning, but had the keys for the whole time. This means, of course, full root access. He didnt have the possibility to ban me ? OMG, look above, the proof is there by his own (recent) admission. Not to mention the past admissions when he was complaining about how much he had to work to defend from constantinos or other attacks. I might have no picture of him pressing the ban button, but he had the opportunity, the motivation and the means to do it.

2. Francisco clearly (for unbiased people) threatens to "provision himself a vm in Prometeus SolusVM". He also mentions peace of mind and Salvatore reconsidering my employment as a result of his actions and for his supposed peace of mind (like the existence of an exploit would bring peace of mind to anyone). He could have done that by placing an order ? Where ? In Solus ? Even if he could, we do not have automatic provision anymore, so he couldnt, even only technically speaking, provision "himself" a VM, provisioning is manual, we are doing it. So could that be interpreted even forced, in any other way, even only technically speaking ? No. As for the logic of it, come on, why would Francisco suddenly feel the need to order a VM from us ? To make Salvatore reconsider my employment ? Maybe give me a bonus, this was a customer I worked very hard to get.

I let you enjoy the reading and get the other conclusions and search there for the proofs of my other allegations. That is from 15th of december, way before Salvatore even said anything on the matter.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
When I do read through al the mess I have to admit that all of you three are guilty.

I am not quite sure about what guilty, but I tend to believe that it is all about hurt ego and dogmatism.

Yup You, Fran and Aldryic said things that should not have been said.

Did anything happen but words? Any real world damage? Any non-LET related things?

Mao - one simple question: What do you really want?

Please answer the following questions:

1. What should Fran do?
  2. What should Aldryic do?
  3. What should this community do?
  4. What should you do?
And please be carefull with your wishes.

Because they will expose your intension.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Mao, I think you get the part about Joel doing 0 work around the wrong foot.

Joel is the kind of guy that pays people to do his work. Well, in some cases, gets the job done for free.

Joel had a setup in mind how LEB/LET should be ran, "staff" on both places doing allt of work so he could make the money.

In the case of LEB (where I was a part) the only reason Joel posted a few offer were because he made "special" deals with some providers.

Yes, he was a sucker to let some providers cut in line of the long list of offers that got sent in. So the behaviour today is not that different from before. :)

Most of your post above is about timing, things that happened in a certain order. That is actually no proof at all.

I could claim that I know the real reason why the Germans gave up WW2, the day before the surrender Chuck Norris was born. Coincidence? i THINK NOT!

See what I did there?

Speaking of bans, the rule of thumb on LET back when Joel ran it was that if Joel set a ban, he should also be the one to remove it. Don't ask my why. It was a rule set then and there. And since he was 'never' around, the ban lasted longer then needed. Sad to say but you were not the only one that this happend to, many members experienced it.

In a way you remind me of drmike/buffalooed/pubcrawler.

The way he goes on about CC and you about Buyvm has some similarity.

Posts are really long, repeating the same story over and over, the true point of the argument often gets lost somewhere in the middle.

You know "sometimes you can't see the forest because of all the trees" kind of thing.

Writing all this on my phone makes my hands hurt so I'll stop now.

I'll give one last advice to you Mao, try to forgive the past and live today. Dwelling in the past is not good for hour soul.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
In a way you remind me of drmike/buffalooed/pubcrawler.

The way he goes on about CC and you about Buyvm has some similarity.

Posts are really long, repeating the same story over and over, the true point of the argument often gets lost somewhere in the middle.

You know "sometimes you can't see the forest because of all the trees" kind of thing.
*hehe*

I said this before.

One reason why Mao does get the room because vpsboard allowed such threads (CC) before.

This thread does have two good points:

• To have an example for Aldryic:
    "Please stop Aldryic ... you are now as mad to me as Mao is to you".

I did not had a example yet to explain Aldryic how bullish he can be. Now I have.
  • To have an example for drmike.
    That he can see how he looks like when he's in CC rage.

maounique

Mao - one simple question: What do you really want?

Please answer the following questions:

1. What should Fran do?
  2. What should Aldryic do?
  3. What should this community do?
  4. What should you do?
And please be carefull with your wishes.

Because they will expose your intension.
I am not afraid to expose my intentions, I was also honest from the start and I wont stop now.

I want to get back to Aldryic what he gave to countless people. I want to expose his hollow self, inflated on the back of the BuyVM legend which is as hollow as he is.

I want to deflate him and the legend to their puny little human dimensions. I want to show everyone that blindly following and skipping the facts (TL;DR) while hitting the enemies or perceived enemies of their idols is wrong and can be misleading too, most of the time.

Gangraping someone, even virtually with words should not be allowed, especially when the wording is not allowed by the rules of the forum, not to mention the rules of humanity. This kind of thing is killing LET, people are afraid to post because, before anyone gives a helpful answer (except when promotig their products), will crucify the poor guy. Why ? Because they can, they use the lack of consequences for themselves to refulae the same things that happen to them in the real life.

Aldryic started abusing a whole category of people on LET just because he was sure tehre will be no opposition and he can spread crap on everyone, they will just duck down and pray they are not singled out for more. I stepped out to get the most load because I can. I see through Aldryic and all he bullies of his sort. I see even through BuyVM finances but that is another topic, I let them go on that one because would be a low blow.

Each time i dig them up more dirt comes out, the legend of BuyVM get deflated a bit more. People realise there are tens of better, cheaper, more stable providers. These guys used LET to inflate themselves. Colocrossing uses it to put their people (own brands) ahead. I can understand that, the same way I could understand Joel, it is all about money, but when BuyVM invents accusations so awful just to hide the skeletons in their closet that is not acceptable by any standard. I intended to prove the reasons behind their campaign and I did. I could not care less for the ban, I just brought it up as a lesson for CC to understand this is not working. you cannot just ban someone on the internet and be even moderately sure it will not backfire and the truth will be exagerated rather than hidden. They seem to have understood it for now, I wonder how will they react when I will propose some changes there, it will probably be fun, just I dont have the time yet.

BuyVM never understood anything, they sink lower and lower each time we cross swords. I wage the sword of the truth, they just use swear words. It used to work on LET 2 years ago, not anymore, not today, not here.

That is what I want. What should they do ?

Put up the truth, prove it, admit their mistakes where needed. Accept they have no proof to accuse me. Accept that some things cannot be proven, but a circumstantial case can be put up. When someone had the means the motive and the opportunity, when it would have benefitted them tremendously in that context when chief had no reason to ban me at all, he didnt even care for anything more than money and ads exposure (and drama plays into that) then the logical conclusion is taht I was banned by the people which had an interest in it.

Most of all I want apologies for the irregular attacks, name calling, swearing, insults I had to put up with on the long road towards the truth.

But most of all I want them to apologise to Salvatore a man that I hold in high regard, such a gentle and polite man, which is sacrifying his tranquility to put up resistence against wiretapping and illegal snooping, who has been raided many times because he does not agree to force people to bring up IDs and keep logs of everything they do. A man which doesnt speak a lot, but does a lot, not for him, he is doing well enough without the VPS business, but for the poor people that cannot afford an expensive service, offering enterprise grade services for hamburger money, he also did a lot for me, he teaches me every day, we do not talk only about computers, but also about life in general and the meaning of it. He is my friend and attacking him to get to me was a really low blow. I should never forgive Francisco for this, but, if he apologises publicly to Salvatore and offers to disclose the Solus exploit doing a favour to everyone in the industry, almost, I will forget everything, I will be ready to start from tabula rasa, pretending I wasnt wrongly accused bullied and called names, I will forget they banned me and never mention this again. I do not want any apology anymore,  think we are more or less even, just apologise to Salvatore and disclose the Solus exploit.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Ah ok. I guess I should have read more.

Anyone got a to;dr version?
Yup:

I should never forgive Francisco for this, but, if he apologises publicly to Salvatore and offers to disclose the Solus exploit doing a favour to everyone in the industry, almost, I will forget everything, I will be ready to start from tabula rasa, pretending I wasnt wrongly accused bullied and called names, I will forget they banned me and never mention this again.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
2. I do not understand what you mean.
This is your biggest problem.  You don't understand a great deal of what goes on, and as such tend to fabricate stories to fill in the gaps between your assumptions.

Ah ok. I guess I should have read more.

Anyone got a to;dr version?
He went mental after I publicly stated a negative opinion about TOR a couple years ago, and has been screaming these walls of text without actually comprehending what goes on ever since.  If you skim the thread, you'll notice several of us asking him multiple times to present actual proof of his claims... and the only "proof" is more conjecture and storytime.

budi1413

I lol to the thread name. :p

I hope Mao, Fran and all can be friends. You all are awesome people.

You know what? Someone who hate you actually care about you. :D

mpkossen

But most of all I want them to apologise to Salvatore a man that I hold in high regard, such a gentle and polite man, which is sacrifying his tranquility to put up resistence against wiretapping and illegal snooping, who has been raided many times because he does not agree to force people to bring up IDs and keep logs of everything they do. A man which doesnt speak a lot, but does a lot, not for him, he is doing well enough without the VPS business, but for the poor people that cannot afford an expensive service, offering enterprise grade services for hamburger money, he also did a lot for me, he teaches me every day, we do not talk only about computers, but also about life in general and the meaning of it. He is my friend and attacking him to get to me was a really low blow. I should never forgive Francisco for this, but, if he apologises publicly to Salvatore and offers to disclose the Solus exploit doing a favour to everyone in the industry, almost, I will forget everything, I will be ready to start from tabula rasa, pretending I wasnt wrongly accused bullied and called names, I will forget they banned me and never mention this again. I do not want any apology anymore,  think we are more or less even, just apologise to Salvatore and disclose the Solus exploit.
+1 for this. Involving Salvatore was a really, really low blow. Regardless of what I or anyone else thinks of Mao, Aldryic, Fransisco, BuyVM, or this whole situation, an apology to Sal is only right. He had no part in this and was forcefully dragged in, without the need to do so.

maounique

Also, remember the hacking threats took place in the 15th of December, Francisco wanted this latest brawl, I merely compared his rules with CC rule that was all. He says he never had a say in how Joel was running things yet he admits he brought Joel into this, for which purpose I can only guess, I think he wanted to rule by proxy but ended up screwed by the guy, like everyone else.

No, people, this is not a thread i started to provoke BuyVM, it was forced upon me in the hope Aldryic will work again his magic in ridiculing and attacking me into oblivion, Francisco attacked Prometeus in my PMs and blackmailed me/him long before I decided this is a too low blow to let it pass.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
+1 for this. Involving Salvatore was a really, really low blow. Regardless of what I or anyone else thinks of Mao, Aldryic, Fransisco, BuyVM, or this whole situation, an apology to Sal is only right. He had no part in this and was forcefully dragged in, without the need to do so.

Perhaps you should pay a bit more attention to who dragged him into this in the first place.

What you fail to understand as well as CC is that I dont care if I am banned, Uncle doesnt care either frankly I am a liability in these forums and I know it, because of my "attitude" Francisco will punish Prometeus, so being banned will be better for everyone except for the truth.
If you take the time to actually read this thread - Mao brings up Prometeus multiple times.  I even made an attempt to have Sal left out of this mess:

wIeH5lD.png

You'll also notice later in the thread that Sal himself comes in and endorses Mao's actions.  Prometeus getting involved was their own choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner