amuck-landowner

Tools for publishing to Twitter on a schedule?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Curious if any tool like this exists. There is a vpsBoard Twitter account (@vpsBoard) that I manage that I link to noteworthy discussions, but lately have been lacking. Was wondering if there was a tool available that I could use to publish to Twitter, but also have the option of doing so in scheduled intervals?

Namely, I don't want to do a once a day thing where I post multiple threads at once. I'd like to be able to just submit them to a queue and have them published throughout the day.

It'd also come in handy for DailyServerDeals as I see the next offer in the queue and thus will know the URL of said offer. I could set it up so everyday at noon it posts the link to Twitter for DailyServerDeals (@DailyServer) and I don't have to be around at noon to actually do it.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
Hootsuite should do this. You should probably hook the twitter API into dailyserverdeals and have it publish at the same time.

peterw

Did anyone tried some of the suggested tools? Does any tool allow to filter content? Don't want to get everything posted on twitter.

noen

@peterw, I've been using Twitterfeed.com since '09, with great success.. But, I post everything in my RSS feed to Twitter..
But, I guess you can set up a filter in something like Yahoo Pipes, and then use that new RSS feed with Twitterfeed..

WhizzWr

I think "Buffer" (http://bufferapp.com) is made for such purpose. Most input are to be done on its browser extension, though.

If I recall it correctly it has pretty decent Tweet scheduling feature.

amuck-landowner