amuck-landowner

Top Providers Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanarp

1. Fliphost : OpenVZ SSD VPS with excellent performance and uptime.

2. Prometeus : OpenVZ SSD VPS with great stability and good performance.

3. BuyVM : Reliably performing OpenVZ VPS. Pony stands unique among the rest.

RamNode, CloudShards (SSD-LA) : Only been using them recently and can only say pretty good performance.

film_girl

1. BuyVM -- been a customer for over two years and they are just tops. Fast support, good performance (I use the LV data center even though I'm in NYC, my husband has a few of the buffalo KVMs), great staff.

2. Digital Ocean -- they feel like the second coming of SliceHost. I was a HUGE Slicehost fan and watching Rackspace ruin it was just so sad. I have only had a $5 VPS with DO for a month or so but so far performance is good.

3. Linode -- they were too pricey for a while but when they revamped their plans a few months ago, it became worth using again.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
1. BuyVM -- been a customer for over two years and they are just tops. Fast support, good performance (I use the LV data center even though I'm in NYC, my husband has a few of the buffalo KVMs), great staff.

2. Digital Ocean -- they feel like the second coming of SliceHost. I was a HUGE Slicehost fan and watching Rackspace ruin it was just so sad. I have only had a $5 VPS with DO for a month or so but so far performance is good.

3. Linode -- they were too pricey for a while but when they revamped their plans a few months ago, it became worth using again.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
Some time in the future, I can see Digital Ocean getting acquired and having the fate of Slicehost. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of their service. It really does suck.

Anyway, might as well throw in my list:

1. RamNode
  2. ShardHost
  3. Perhaps BuyVM?

film_girl

Some time in the future, I can see Digital Ocean getting acquired and having the fate of Slicehost. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of their service. It really does suck.
Yeah, that's a really good point. My performance has been fine (but it's just been for testing, nothing production), but I certainly agree that being acquired is a possibility/concern.

TheLinuxBug

1.BHost - Still some of the best uptime, supports been rather quick for me when needed.  Been with them for more than 2Yrs ( 20:05:56 up 326 days, 13:33,  1 user,  load average: 0.04, 0.10, 0.04)

2.newhost.ro - Almost 3 years, good uptimes, quick support responses for Romania its the best host I have used.  Sadly rebooted 4 days ago for maintenance after about a half of a year of uptime. 

3.EDIS - Both servers I have with them have been solid. Haven't really needed support much, but when I did was quick to get a response.  The Spain location was hit or miss for a while, but they seem to have resolved any issues they were having recently.  

HM: Prometeus, Evorack, MyRSK, Front Range Hosting, Ramnode, GetKVM, SecureDragon, IPXCore, Rootnerds, MiniVPS, Inception Hosting, Provision Host

Last edited by a moderator:

jarland

The ocean is digital
Appreciate the votes!

I'm a big customer, here's the first three that come to mind right now.

1. RamNode

2. BuyVM

3. TortoiseLabs

So many more but those are on the top of my mind right now, so that must be worth something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner