amuck-landowner

Ubuntu 13.04_32bit Console_Kit_damon

fahad

I have installed new OS , Ubuntu 13.04 , 32bit . Installed htop only , but it is showing this things

con1.PNG

which i never seen in 12.04 as i was with 12.04 before ... what to do ?

fizzyjoe908

Verified Provider
Console-kit-daemon tracks users, sessions, and seats on the system. It allows other pieces of software to react to changes with any of that metadata.

Also, htop shows all threads by default, not just processes. That is probably a single process in multiple threads. A lot of times, this can be misleading.

fizzyjoe908

Verified Provider
You can change the settings in htop to show processes only. Other than that, you can't remove them as far as I know.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
But is that thing vulnerable or any kind of bug ?
Nope - it is just a service.

I would not recommend to disable this system service because some other services do have dependencies to the console-kit-daemon.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
At least nobody was asking "Hey! Do I need this system32 folder in my Windows Directory? I heard if you delete it your computer runs faster." or "I found someplace online that said if I ran 'rm -rf --no-preserve-root /' on my VPS it would run faster, so I did. Now it won't boot. What do I do???"

fahad

.... this thread....

Mun

At least nobody was asking "Hey! Do I need this system32 folder in my Windows Directory? I heard if you delete it your computer runs faster." or "I found someplace online that said if I ran 'rm -rf --no-preserve-root /' on my VPS it would run faster, so I did. Now it won't boot. What do I do???"
My question arises because i am seeing this thing for the first time, I have another vps running by 12.04 and there is no process like this , i thought this is some kind of init problem or something.

amuck-landowner