amuck-landowner

update on $1 per year vps idea (32MB Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwiscool

And before you ask it is not slabbed:

root@testnewnat:~/slabbed-or-not# ./slabbed-or-not
Container: OpenVZ
Not running under any known hypervisor type
root@testnewnat:~/slabbed-or-not#

mtwiscool

We are going to introduce on Tuesday:

New Storage plan:

It will have the same specs but have a few differences.

10Gb HDD (up from 1.5GB) and 2.5TB Bandwidth (up from 1TB) @ $2.19 (bitpay)

Last edited by a moderator:

kcaj

Really?

Have you seen his posts.

And I get on well with the hosts I'm with.
Yes, really.

that one was solved between a parties, just to say it's more complex then you think but it's solved and we made up as friends.
Regardless of you kissing and making up, you still engage in immature and illegal activity such as D/DoS attacks.

Lets burn some of our bandwidth:

RX bytes:859853854165 (800.8 GiB)  TX bytes:1685063164670 (1.5 TiB)

:)

Unmeated rocks.
No ham in your server then? You server has an unmetered 100Mb/s connection which is capable of pushing 33TB of transfer a month. At 500 VMs with atleast 1TB of transfer each, things are going to get horribly slow for your clients.

And before you ask it is not slabbed:

root@testnewnat:~/slabbed-or-not# ./slabbed-or-not

Container: OpenVZ

Not running under any known hypervisor type

root@testnewnat:~/slabbed-or-not#
Not disputing whether your service is slabbed or not but I could have typed in something similar here too.

definedcode

Verified Provider
We started a similar service too, interesting to see how it goes for you since it certainly isn't the most profitable thing in the world. You have damn good prices too so good luck! 

It's good to see more hosts offering this to the community along with LES, i3d etc.

Although I imagine giving users that much bandwidth is going to overload your NIC pretty damn quickly.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
Try reading for content.  I just told you that no, they wouldn't.  I know this because we've been in that situation before, and I have firsthand knowledge of how the process works for setups like ours.

I've also seen what happens to setups like yours - minors that don't own the gear.  But, by all means, continue deluding yourself.  I believe I'd covered this before, actually:
Lets stay realistic - If the gov wants they can confiscate your HW as well, same as a rented server - Just because it usually does not happen means not much.

Only "real" protection is given by some (mainly EU) countries that guarantee non-confiscation if you work with the government (on a very fine line between legal and illegal)

Schultz

I don't understand - I've read this thread from a few pages back and it says he's going to place 1,000 clients per node; that's just not possible...

This business makes no sense to me at all - the I/O would suffer to the point where it would no longer function for any clients, even with a SSD setup; 1k clients per node still would not be possible; then comes the CPU & RAM - another problem. I'm also not too sure whether OpenVZ itself (& its kernel) would be stable under such heavy stress from 1,000 clients on the same machine.

linuxthefish

You need to accept paypal, I don't think people who have bitcoins will use for stuff like this, and Amazon giftcards is way too complicated.

definedcode

Verified Provider
What is the best way to get more customers?
These type of products take a while to get traction. Luckily we got to the front page of very high traffic-driving site on the second day of our launch. Business has slowed down but we're still getting frequent orders. I'd recommend having a non-bitcoin "mainstream" Payment gateway. Stripe/Skrill/PayPal etc, Bitcoins are still infrequently used.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
I don't understand - I've read this thread from a few pages back and it says he's going to place 1,000 clients per node; that's just not possible...
No, it's only 500.  Only.

And according to his business plan (har!) they're all just going to idle anyway because that's why people buy LEBs.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider

I would like to point out that this is not Amazon Payments. The website gives a direct link to a Amazon gift card on their site you can buy or email to someone as a gift.

Amazon Payments is a actual payment service for vendors (like PayPal) https://payments.amazon.com/home

1. Go to:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LLIKVU/gcrnsts?ie=UTF8&keywords=gift%20card&qid=1405005707&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

2. Click set my own and type in $2.40

3. Recipient E-mail: [email protected]

4. Click purchase and pay for your order

5.Your order should be activated within 24 hours if not make a thread at:http://32mb.club/forum/
This is essentially what those phone and email scammers use the GreenDot (or prepaid in general) cards for to money launder.

There are several issues with this, but the main one would be how are you using a Amazon giftcard to pay for the server you are hosting clients on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner