amuck-landowner

update on $1 per year vps idea (32MB Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

definedcode

Verified Provider
Updates:

New prices comming augest.

$1.49 year bitcoin

$2.15 year paypal

$2.35 Amazoin gift codes
Amazon gift codes is a risky idea. You'll either end up with no-one purchasing it because there is no /contract/ that you will get a VPS in return or you will have a lot of Amazon credit and no way to pay for your server.

mtwiscool

Amazon gift codes is a risky idea. You'll either end up with no-one purchasing it because there is no /contract/ that you will get a VPS in return or you will have a lot of Amazon credit and no way to pay for your server.
Amazon gift codes are only to be availble in a limited number. (50 max)

SwitchBlade

This thread is very long so I could not read it all but how do you expect to profit on such low prices? Will you even come out even? I don't think it's possible or why you would want to offer a service for so cheap when people pay much more for servers elsewhere.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
This thread is very long so I could not read it all but how do you expect to profit on such low prices? Will you even come out even? I don't think it's possible or why you would want to offer a service for so cheap when people pay much more for servers elsewhere.
Overselling to the extremes. It works in the short-term but long-term it'll be unsustainable. He's going with the cheapest bottom-of-the-barrel Dedicated Servers with every single corners cut and using the free HE IPv6 Tunnel for additional IPv6.

In addition, the amount of work you get out of it isn't worth the pennies you get on top of it.

mtwiscool

Overselling to the extremes. It works in the short-term but long-term it'll be unsustainable. He's going with the cheapest bottom-of-the-barrel Dedicated Servers with every single corners cut and using the free HE IPv6 Tunnel for additional IPv6.

In addition, the amount of work you get out of it isn't worth the pennies you get on top of it.
Not as much overselling as you think.

Our idea is to pass the saving to the end user directly.

I tell you something about 30% of users do not even open they VPS details emails.

Our idea for 32mb club is simple and cheap.

We monitor the profomence of the node 2 times a day.

Our public uptime report: http://uptime.statuscake.com/?TestID=r6oIYH88lI

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Just a reminder to keep things civil. This should probably be said every other page or so.

mtwiscool

So he is going to be 18 in August?
August 6th.

We want to branch out and prove cheap does not mean crap.

We run on our own code of morals that we will not overload a server to the point of crashing and we care about every user who goes with our service and we do not see our users as a number but as a person.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
You really, *really* need to read the entirety of this thread (and other threads he's opened) before even considering doing business with him.  Get a clear picture of who you'll be dealing with - and keep in mind that he's not ESL.  The kid's British, and almost 18 - yes, his literacy is actually that lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner