amuck-landowner

Volumedrive about to deadpool?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1296858

The most interesting post is from the BurstNET rep:

I can't really say anything officially yet, but I will say this:

We plan on having a refugee sale real soon, for certain low priced companys clients! ;)

Anyone that needs service quickly from what will develop in this thread, please contact us, and maybe we can reuse IPs potentially, if they were on our IPs at all.

We're going to be staying up all night tonight building servers I have a feeling... :D

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=8810929#post8810929

Last edited by a moderator:

concerto49

Verified Provider
Sounds like it. I do know a lot have left despite them claiming to improve the situation.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh yeah, overdue deadpooler.   There was something months ago about them and I entirely forget.  Certainly have been struggling for a while.

Come on, claim I am wrong and slap me!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
And from Burstnet posting on that thread:

From what our local contacts tell us, they are trying to get their servers back online at another location 20 miles away from here, in their own data room, but we'll see how that goes. Knowing what I know about them, I would expect major technical issues with that. Even if servers come back online, I'd be worried about them staying online, as the same leasing company that owns the servers they left behind, owns a bunch that they took with the with for-sure active clients on them. The leasing company is not going to be happy, I assure you, we know them well, and they will repossess ALL the servers, not just the ones left behind here, and go after ALL VD assets to recover their losses. This is going to get real messy.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Rule #1: Client responsible for backing their life up.

Rule #2: Ignore #1 and you might not have a life, business or a wife.

Leasing companies aren't playing in this day and age.  Bound to end up with a signed court order to freeze everything and some nerd in contempt.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Just got caught up this drama. All I've gotta say is, "DAMN!"

BurstNET is owning that WHT thread, by the way. Waiting for more details to come up.

RyanD

Verified Provider
Rule #1: Client responsible for backing their life up.

Rule #2: Ignore #1 and you might not have a life, business or a wife.

Leasing companies aren't playing in this day and age.  Bound to end up with a signed court order to freeze everything and some nerd in contempt.
I know the leasing company involved here, their leasing policies hold a blanket first right on any and all assets under the master schedule, if they are behind on any invoices, they'll take EVERYTHING.  They don't play :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I know the leasing company involved here, their leasing policies hold a blanket first right on any and all assets under the master schedule, if they are behind on any invoices, they'll take EVERYTHING.  They don't play :)
My kind of company.

Absconding with gear like VD did, ouch.  Police will be at their new datacenter, oh by lunch time tomorrow.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
VolumeDrive owners are simply, idiots.

Weird operation since day one. Too cheap or lazy to even have proper ticketing for years.  Slowest ticketing I ever had (mind you not recently).

Unsure if mismanagement was the issue (i.e. living too well) or if systematic of the Lowend price curse for years now.

They don't play around about holding leased property hostage/stealing such in Florida.  Been there with a business partner in the past who liked to lease too much.  Sadly, even though local PDs seem to get after things quickly, the Courts seem to just let the perps off with a slap on the wrist and those aren't cuffs slapping.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
At least I can stop sending abuse mails to VolumeDrive.

Half of my abuse mails I sent go directly to VolumeDrive and Sharktech.

After one month it ended with:

Code:
iptables -i venet0 -A INPUT -s 142.0.32.0/20 -j DROP
iptables -i venet0 -A INPUT -s 204.188.192.0/18 -j DROP

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
At least I can stop sending abuse mails to VolumeDrive.

Half of my abuse mails I sent go directly to VolumeDrive and Sharktech.

After one month it ended with:

iptables -i venet0 -A INPUT -s 142.0.32.0/20 -j DROP
iptables -i venet0 -A INPUT -s 204.188.192.0/18 -j DROP
Not surprised with shark, they include a /26 with every server.

Francisco

sv01

Slow but sure
shit burstnet :p

I've tried their server few years ago, after testing for 1 week I'm leaving immediately :D

they love poor hd result and poor bandwith

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
they love poor hd result and poor bandwith
Yep, BurstedNet.   

They were a fun experience in more recent times spreading when I spread the VPS love around.   Abrasive and intentionally difficult to deal with and that was just billing.

All that aside, the head of BurstNet on WHT?  Crazy.  Never saw a facility owner go off like this in public.

Me, I think it's great.  About time some folks find their ahh malehood, especially when being made effeminate by a scoundrel pulling a dominate robbery of your business (i.e. VD owes more money than someones children college education).

I give BurstNet a big pile of love for helping VD customers and not doing the typical mouth shut, we are afraid of being sued baby routine.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Burst is loving this. I bet they regretted that business deal some time ago.

VolumeDrive would've pulled off their current business plan like a champ now. Problem is they tried it too early and when the market dropped to the point where budget clients no longer needed them, lowering their prices wasn't an option on the table by any means. I hoped for better for them. Nice guys, just didn't prepare for any market shifts. I know a few real estate companies that could've taught them a thing or two.

amuck-landowner