amuck-landowner

vpsBoard advertisements.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
What are you thinking about for pricing MannDude?

I'm thinking the low rotation would be $20/month and higher rotations would be more, depending on ad size and so forth.

BuySellAds.com is just too high.. lol

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
BuySellAds.com is just too high.. lol

Yeah too high since they are taking 25% of the price of the ad.

Rates for the ads should be fair and based on viewers accepting/viewing the ads during prior month(s).  Certainly less than what BSA and the other sites are selling at.

Pete M.

Verified Provider
I support ads as well. My opinion is that community members should be allowed to buy ads in order to support the forum. If there is room left, then maybe businesses who don't participate very often here. It should not be limited to hosting providers only. There are others who may offer web design, consulting, and so on. This is just an opinion of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Can only providers buy ads or can people buy ads for their non-VPS-related sites?

I haven't heard any rules on the ads yet.  I am hoping the ads are limited to providers (all data services) and services/products owned/sold by members.

Meaning non VPS related sites, sure, so long as not adult content or a few other common agitators of mASSES.   

We'll have to wait and see what MannDude, Martin and Pie cobble together though :)  Good to ask.

vanarp

@MannDude Almost a week since this thread started. Are you still waiting for more feedback?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Well there's many things going on at the moment.  One of the major things we're working on behind the scene is fixing the archiving and loss of posts issue (cosmetic wise, they're still in the database).  We're also having internal discussions about advertising/donations, but our primary objective at the moment is to fix this issue.  If there is more feedback on this topic though we'd very much appreciate it!  

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Sorry for the delay. Been testing out a couple solutions with no great luck in finding one I like yet.

Anyone care to suggest a self-hosted ad publishing script that will allow me to do this with relative ease?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Have you looked at: http://www.invisionpower.com/apps/nexus/

And btw... My offer still stands.
That's not a bad idea but trying to scout a free platform that'd also allow those purchasing ad spots can have some control over their account (see stats and do things themselves like uploading banners, etc)

I've got a couple things to try out later on including http://orbitopenadserver.com/ and http://www.inclick.net/pageid/demo.html

Open to other suggestions too.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Also, who would seriously be interested in ad-space?

I'm not going to reserve spots and this isn't you 'signing up', just trying to get a rough idea of who is interested so I can plan accordingly. Pricing not yet decided nor have restrictions (may limit ad spots to 2 spots per advertiser to prevent LET style wall of URPad or CVPS ads).

amuck-landowner