amuck-landowner

vpsBoard Top Providers of 2014 voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

This year has been a great year for my company to, but this would not be possible without some companies that my company works with.

The following companies deserve an Honorable Mention and a few votes:

MyRSK is the company that allowed us early this year to go to the next level, we have some servers with them that support our services. When we need something from them, we just contact them through their ticket system or skype, and I should expect an almost instant response to our questions. During this year I would say that my company and MyRSK's company developed a friendship, since we already discuss in development projects with each others.

BuyVM is a company that we start working with in the past 4 or 5 months, I have spoken with @Aldryic C'boas sometimes regarding some issues, and I have always opened tickets with BuyVM and @Aldryic C'boas answers me within minutes or seconds after I press the "Submit" button.

INIZ & VPSDime  are the other companies that we worked with this year, the service has been outstanding and I think we only opened 1 ticket with them this year.

Now to the votes (don't forget to open the YouTube video while reading the votes):

• MyRSK - 2
  • BuyVM - 1
  • INIZ - 1
  • VPSDime - 1
Merry Christmas & an Happy New Year - from WebUp 24/7​

vld

Verified Provider
RamNode - 5

Honorable Mentions: BuyVM, KnightSwarm, Hostigation, newHOST

Last edited by a moderator:

Amitz

2 Points to Prometeus

2 Points to Backupsy

1 Point to Wable

I do not have so many VPS anymore since powerful dedicated servers became affordable. However, Prometeus and Backupsy did never let me down and Wable is doing a good job since several months now.

HM: vStoike.ru - Nice little VPS in Saint Petersburg for a real good price with good uptime.

mojeda

1. BuyVM - 2 pts - BuyVM continues to make their service stand out with features one would not expect for the price offered such as a in-house control panel (Stallion), anycast on a budget, ddos protection, shared mysql, etc.
  2. RamNode - 2 pts - RamNode still offers high quality servers for their price, been with them for a long time and very rarely do I have any issues!
  3. Backupsy - 1 pts - Backupsy is a great option for offloading backups or if you need high storage needs. I have never particularly experienced any downtime and Disk I/O as well as network throughput is always top notch.
I wish I could give everyone 2 points :(

toadyus

Article Submitter
2 - Ramnode

1 - Fliphost

1 - MyRsk

1 - BuyVM

I rely on all of the companies above to provide myself and others with a service that is as most of them will say is Legendary!!

Nyr

1- Online.net: great commercial strategy to get known which will probably pay out on the long term.

1- SecureDragon: reliable services over the years at a ridiculous price mark. They keep adding nice features too.

1- Bandwagon Host: dirt cheap but reliable OVZ.

1- Prometeus: reliable service, their cloud is nice and pretty cheap too.

1- GinerNet: no one could get a reliable VPS in Spain before without paying 10x more.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I suppose I'll vote to. These are listed in no particular order as these are all providers I've chosen to use for vpsBoard and the same providers I vote for any time the option comes up and are ones I'd feel comfortable recommending to anyone:

• Hostigation - I don't know if Tim ever sleeps or if he's even a real human. Super fast support the few times I've had to submit a ticket and a rock-solid VPS - 1PT
  • AnyNode - Another rock-solid VPS from a provider that deserves more praise. I like the Michigan location too, not as common as others. Great server for my needs and I like the simple and easy to use custom control panel. - 1PT
  • BuyVM - Of course, BuyVM too! Solid service, active in this community, implementing new awesome features at little or no cost to end-user and nice guys. - 1PT
  • DigitalOcean - Honestly, I've not fussed with any of the other 'cloud' providers. DO has done me good and has some great features. Couple network issues but they announce them. - 1PT
  • SecureDragon - I really like their custom control panel, Wyvern. It's nice seeing providers demonstrate their ability to do something unique. It's simple and works and has some neat features. The VPS is rarely ever used but solid when needed, and I'm sure remains solid when not in use (I don't monitor it's uptime since it's just a random dev server)

Honorable mentions and other thoughts: RamNode. It's RamNode. Nick is a nice guy and runs a solid service. Several production VMs there all operating smoothly. Only reason it's getting a HM and not a point above is because I only had 5 points to give and I really like SecureDragon's custom control panel even though the VPS I have with them is non-production. I like custom panels, what can I say? I know Hostigation doesn't run a custom panel but Tim has seriously responded to tickets in a minute or two. It's scary. :p

bellicus

RamNode [3] - Fast support & network. great machines for my heavy use MySQL Server with replication (All locations).

Crissic [1] - Awesome network, and Skylar goes beyond the call of duty once and while.

Vultr [1] - Great place to host community servers.

Honorable Mentions: BuyVM, SecureDragon, QPS

Nick

Ya, if I remember right, you were the one who put up LET poll results I think even before they finished it.
I can never get enough of you @drmike. For some reason I actually found this very amusing and literally burst into laughter.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
BuyVM - 2 Everything is just so good there ;)

HostUS - 2 Good performance

Crissic - 1 had a few network / support issues

I was going to vote for Vultr but they were reluctant on disclosing some information about their networks / hardware.

AMDbuilder

Verified Provider
SecureDragon - 5

It's hard to go wrong, solid services, great pricing, and reliable network.

Iniz - HM

NY servers not located in Buffalo

sundaymouse

Linode - 3        Worked for me, worked well, no regret for pricing.

Ramnode - 2   The go-to provider for slightly less monthly expenses.

HM:

Crissic: Comfortably accommodated OpenVZ. 

Runabove: A much better impression in VM hosting than their OVH Classic range.

RIJX: My $5/yr server is still running, and running well with 2 IPs. Deserve a HM just for that :D

spry

Glad to see yearly voting/poll being initiated on vpsBoard.

• BuyVM — 3 points 
  • RamNode — 2 points 
Needless to say. Both providers execute a solid service, good performance and reliable customer service. I appreciate the fact that they are informative and actively interacting with customers/public via Social Media, such as Twitter. They are a knowledgeable bunch too. Without a doubt, top on my list. 

Honorable Mention: anyNode & SecureDragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner