amuck-landowner

vpsBoard Top Providers of 2014 voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpmedia

I mostly use premium hosts like LiquidWeb, EuroVPS, etc. But this place is all about budget hosts. And when it comes to quality hosting for pennies on the dollar, nobody beats BuyVM.

BuyVM - 5

Not just that, but Adrylic and Francisco are some of the nicest hosting owners I've ever come across. No BS, always friendly, and to me personally they've been quite helpful in the past.

tonyg

hostigation:  1

ramnode:     1

vultr:             1

DO:               1

ramhost        1

Not one host really stands out, if its not one thing it's another...oh well.

zed

The rules are simple and straight forward, there is no need for this to be complicated.
so simple i'm not sure what i'm voting for -- providers of what? i assumed vps but reading thru the 1st page i see some names i didn't know did vps, so asking before deciding on my votes.

Munzy

1 - Catalysthost for being just plain awesome!

1 - Catalysthost for having friendlist support!

1- Catalysthost for always providing what they advertise!

1- Catalysthost for always having an open line of communication!

1- Catalysthost for having a guy with arp running the joint!

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
NFOServers - 3

RamNode - 2

BuyVM - 1
You know what.  I recently tried NFOServers and they're not bad.  If I remember correctly they're in the Internap Datacenters.  Easy to use, support was great, Definitely an interesting service that's focused/geared towards Gameserver Hosting.  I'm kinda surprised though that they don't offer DDoS Protection.  I mean they have checks and stuff in place but last I talked to them it was mostly software level stuff (iptables and host-node levels).  

Enterprisevpssolutions

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Do not use the others so can't vote on them :popcorn:

guess the votes only goes for the ones that advertise the most. LOL Will see how many are around in a few years.

fcfc

You know what.  I recently tried NFOServers and they're not bad.  If I remember correctly they're in the Internap Datacenters.  Easy to use, support was great, Definitely an interesting service that's focused/geared towards Gameserver Hosting.  I'm kinda surprised though that they don't offer DDoS Protection.  I mean they have checks and stuff in place but last I talked to them it was mostly software level stuff (iptables and host-node levels).  
Their DDoS mitigation is actually quite incredible for the price. They don't advertise themselves as a "DDoS protected" host because they don't want to make any guarantees as far as filtering/mitigation goes and they don't want people to sign up with them expecting anything as far as protection goes but they normally mitigate everything thrown our way unless its an insanely large attack that exceeds their capacity at that specific facility. In the 2+ years i've been with them i've probably had somewhere in the range of 60+ attacks on my 8 servers that i've been notified of by them and they've handled basically all of them with zero issue except for a few exceptionally large ones that forced them to null-route.

Between their amazing support staff, the features they provide in their control panel (it's honestly ugly as fuck IMO but has some pretty cool stuff such as being able to transfer your server between all of their locations etc) and just overall uptime and quality, they're easily my favorite provider.

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Their DDoS mitigation is actually quite incredible for the price. They don't advertise themselves as a "DDoS protected" host because they don't want to make any guarantees as far as filtering/mitigation goes but they normally mitigate everything thrown our way unless its an insanely large attack that exceeds their capacity at that specific facility. 

They're my favorite provider by far to be honest.
Mhm yeah they did stress that they don't specifically advertise it.  But from me talking with them (granted I fortunately haven't tested out the DDoS "protection" they have) as far as I can tell their capacity is 2Gbps and is configured at the node-side with software (iptables).  But of course because you've said you've had the opportunity to test their DDoS mitigation abilities, it makes me wonder haha.  

I personally really enjoyed my NFOServers VPS.  I mean it's not the cheapest one available but it's a dedicated CPU core and you know you're getting your money's worth.  Also the 20% off for switching providers doesn't hurt either hehe.  

fcfc

Mhm yeah they did stress that they don't specifically advertise it.  But from me talking with them (granted I fortunately haven't tested out the DDoS "protection" they have) as far as I can tell their capacity is 2Gbps and is configured at the node-side with software (iptables).  But of course because you've said you've had the opportunity to test their DDoS mitigation abilities, it makes me wonder haha.  

I personally really enjoyed my NFOServers VPS.  I mean it's not the cheapest one available but it's a dedicated CPU core and you know you're getting your money's worth.  Also the 20% off for switching providers doesn't hurt either hehe.  
They have a very good amount of bandwidth at most locations so im inclined to believe they're able to mitigate a lot more than 2Gbps (https://www.nfoservers.com/networklocations.php) but they don't make a mention of how much they can/are willing to mitigate before instilling a null-route on someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
They have a very good amount of bandwidth at most locations so im inclined to believe they're able to mitigate a lot more than 2Gbps (https://www.nfoservers.com/networklocations.php) but they don't make a mention of how much they can/are willing to mitigate before instilling a null-route on someone.
Correct.

Sorry the reason why I state 2 Gbps is because that's their network commit in Los Angeles per node.  That's a really handy network graph though.  

Thanks for the information.  I've always seen NFOServers being used by many gameservers.  I knew they had to have something for DDoS mitigation.  

vRozenSch00n

BuyVM - 3 points

VPSDime - 1 point

highspeedweb/hostigation - 1 point

drmike - 2 :p

aldryc - 1.5 :p

halfeatenpie - 1.5 :p

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Folks!
Set aside all differences between us, and let us all be a VPSBoard big happy family!

cjuk

Only started to get in to vps's half way through this year but my little experience of them I would have to vote.

Vpsdime 4

Brilliant on there hi ram plans and support.

Down side no storage plans in uk and no plan add any, any time soon :(

Also i know they have had some ddos attacks in the last month that was resolved quick

Daily 1. Used for about 2 months not bad bit slow for me 11h to setup the vps not good.

Happy new year to u all wish u all the best in 2015 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner