amuck-landowner

vpsBoard Top Providers of 2014 voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

catatonic

damnit MannDude, what's with the pm spam?!  :p

BuyVM - 3

Loving the anycast. Would be amazing if more providers could offer something like this.

freethought-internet - 2

I've been a customer for 5ish years now, and it's always been a good service for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

jas88

Linode: 2 (My VM there recently marked its 10th birthday!)

Vultr. 2 (I'm new to them this year, but they seem good so far)

prgmr.com: 1 (Decent service and price for what I wanted)

Honourable mentions: Bytemark's BigV service (works OK, moved to SSD instead of SATA without raising prices; just not quite robust enough to take a point from the 3 above).

Dishonourable ones: Joyent (that whole "lifetime" bait-and-switch, still no IPv6, just "use an HE tunnel").

Falzo

ramnode.com - 1

crissic.net - 1

vmbox.co - 1

filemedia.de - 1

df.eu/jiffybox - 1

HM: hosteurope, hetzner, online.net, OVH

sDsB

Hi there,

This is an automated post sent to this thread to give you my votes:

GVH - 5

Have a happy and safe new year!

-sDsB

danni

I currently only have a vps from cloud.net, but previously used Ramnode, so my votes will go as follow :

3 points Cloud.net
2 points Ramnode

klimenta

Vultr - 3 points (Anyone else gives you FreeBSD, uploading custom ISOs (I ran pfSense for a while) and free snapshots?

Atlantic.net - 1 point - Very good service, super fast provisioning

DigitalOcean - 1 point. I started with these guys. They are good, but many-many VPS providers are better than them now.

kendid

Ramnode - 3 pts

Prometeus - 1 pt

BUYVM - 1 pt   

All three of these are awesome providers, and solid... BUYVM has added awesome features this year, which would get an additional point for honorable mention if it were possible...

blfr

RunAbove: 4.

They run OpenStack, have great prices, and a lot of cool features (static hosting, power8, SDN soon). Digital Ocean is so last year ;)

Inception/LowEndSpirit: 1.

Hosting in the true spirit of a shoe string budget.

Honorable mention goes to BuyVM. I haven't used them in a while but anycast for the masses sounds like a killer service.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
BuyVM gets 3 points from me for pure innovation, as well as customer service and community presence. I'd give them all five of my points, but I want to also give points (one each) to Crissic and RamNode for reliability. Final tally:

• BuyVM: 3 points
  • Crissic: 1 point
  • RamNode: 1 point

fatboy

Got rid of quite a few providers this year so I will have to vote for the two that I am still using :)

3 points - Crissic, been using a VPS for a while now to host a few sites and have not had a single problem. Skylar seems a cool guy who is polite but to the point, keep it going for 2015!

2 points - FTPIt, used as a backup box and temp file store. Again no problems with the kit, just problems receiving emails from them so a couple of times I have been suspended for no payment. Mentioned it a couple of times but no one seems to care on that point :( Technically, no problems which is all I really want!

Hopefully try a few new people in 2015 and see what happens at the next poll!

gaarai

You guys have tempted me out of my lurking...

3 - Linode - Been with them for years and have always received excellent performance, features, and stability.

1 - Ramnode - Mainly used for testing and have always been impressed by the performance/price ratio.

1 - Digital Ocean - Great for quickly spinning up something to test.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
RunAbove: 4.

They run OpenStack, have great prices, and a lot of cool features (static hosting, power8, SDN soon). Digital Ocean is so last year ;)

Inception/LowEndSpirit: 1.

Hosting in the true spirit of a shoe string budget.

Honorable mention goes to BuyVM. I haven't used them in a while but anycast for the masses sounds like a killer service.
Hipster.  HIPSTER!

Totally joking. I'm totally judging everyone here!!! With my Judgeful Eyes!  

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
Crissic - 2
They have top notch service, Skylar goes above and beyond, they even support open source projects which is a plus.

GoodHosting.co - 2
Also supportive of open source projects, they have good uptime, and friendly support.

Vultr - 1
I am voting for Vultr over digitalocean because when you compare features, Vultr has more locations, you have the option to have custom iso files uploaded, and finally, you can multiple ip addresses to a vm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner