amuck-landowner

vpsBoard's Future

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
Putting it on the far left would be easier to click I think. I welcome others' suggestions.

It will take some template modifications to get it over there - that's core XF links. I'll look into that though.

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
Also, New Posts page doesn't update frequently I think.

It's customized for you. If you've already seen a thread's latest post it won't show that info until there's something new there that you haven't seen. It's not just a dead "latest activity" type list.

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
Looks like it might need some more. I am not seeing new posts for the most part on the main forum page. I need to use the sidebar to see if there have been new posts.

Yeah, trying to figure out what's causing it. It's not the caching layer I originally thought it was.

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
There is a small but vocal demand for it. Trust me. :)

And hopefully Tapatalk doesn't break all the time for XF like it did IPB.

On another XF forum I run it's pretty solid, at least. I'm personally not a fan of the attitude of Tapatalk. As a company I think they're awful...but people like it.

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
@Jonathan, Is there some kind of caching? I just took this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/YI3JMHO.png - It should have shown @vpsrus's post instead of my post from 10+ mins ago I think?

Similar stuff happens on New Posts, too.

Tracked it down pretty far to where it's failing in XenForo (why I have no idea, it's native functionality obviously). Sent some details over to the XF team so hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

It's definitely not caching. Straight up incorrect information in DB because when a post is made, information that should be updated isn't getting updated. New threads update it, but new posts don't. Both are supposed to update it.

amuck-landowner