amuck-landowner

vpsBoard's Future

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I'll continue to be a cranky old man yelling at clouds.

Overall, glad to see vpsBoard back and around. Working with @MannDude for more than three (almost four?) years to grow vpsBoard has been fantastic and it is in my opinion that the new management are coming on board with fresh motivation and vision to take the community to the next level.

Talking with Jon he definitely has a solid vision for the forum and I've known Chris for several years now to know that he'll make sure everyone's happy. Also, totally glad to see Nick is back around! Definitely one of the most motivated and innovative person I knew while I was on staff. Raindog and Lee are great people and are absolutely solid choices to keep the community on track and to really yell out anyone's concerns.

I'll be taking this time in retirement learning how to actually play the fiddle... or something of the sorts.

Last edited:

Nick

It's awesome to be back on board and I'm happy to see so many new and old faces around. MannDude has done an awesome job over the years to build vpsBoard to what it is today.

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
It's awesome to be back on board and I'm happy to see so many new and old faces around. MannDude has done an awesome job over the years to build vpsBoard to what it is today.

Couldn't agree more!

maounique

So, Mao_Member_no_signature is here too :) I wonder how long will it take until I am banned again, after all, it was VPS Board which started making up rules against me, but at least I did break the new rule here before it was made, unlike in lowendtalk where Jarland completely made up the whole story. Martin D may no longer be here but there are still plenty of people which hate my guts, so, until that happens...

HI Y'ALL!

Reactions: Lee

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
I'm very glad to see that VPSBoard is back. I've missed it ever so.

I must admit it always worries me when a forum is owned by people with possibly conflicting interests. That said I have nothing against the KnownHost guys and hope they will do a good job. I wish you luck in the challenge of remaining impartial. I hope this can become the impartial and mature home of technical individuals it was again.

zed

thanks for getting rid of that horrid shit software (sorry~) - back burner stuff but any chance of a less glaring white theme/style?

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
thanks for getting rid of that horrid shit software (sorry~) - back burner stuff but any chance of a less glaring white theme/style?

Are you referring to the background color on the sides of the screen or the actual white background? The current color scheme is near identical to what was in place on IPB for quite some time.

bsdguy

Backgrounds/themes, etc. ...

This is the "new posts" list as of right now:

• Home Automation Latest: ChrisM, 11 minutes ago SBC, ARM, Home Automation

• The pets thread Latest: ChrisM, 15 minutes ago The Pub (Off topic discussion)

• The gun thread Latest: ChrisM, 27 minutes ago The Pub (Off topic discussion)

• vpsBoard's Future Latest: ChrisM, Today at 7:03 PM Announcements & Contests

• What are you listening to right now? Latest: earl, Today at 12:06 PM The Pub (Off topic discussion)

No single VPS offer or review, not even a VPS related discussion. Don't get me wrong, do whatever and however you please, but it looks like that there is no future to discuss for this board, at least not as a VPS board.

Maybe it would make more sense to have a "What is vpsBoard all about? What is our goal and how can we reach it?" discussion?

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Bear in mind the site is still finding its way since being brought back from an inactive site. There are plenty of recent offers, just that they do not show up in the latest threads/posts list. It's early days there are active hosting related threads if you look past the most recent 5.

Tyler

I think the reason you're seeing so much small talk and chit-chat is the simple fact that this board has become a lot of people who are friends and this is their meet-up space. VPSBoard in some aspects is like a neighborhood bar where you had been going for years, closes down for a year, and then it opens back up. I think it's safe to assume that it will take some time for offers, questions, and productivity to come back to the forum -- once the dust settles.

Darwin

That knownhost logo in footer is meh, looks like a cheap ad.

You know, you should add some text like "vpsboard is proudly owned by" "is made possible by" or whatever sounds better. I think you got what I'm trying to say.

English not my primary language and I have drunk a bottle of wine...

Last edited:

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
That knownhost logo in footer is meh, looks like a cheap ad.

You know, you should add some text like "vpsboard is proudly owned by" "is made possible by" or whatever sounds better. I think you got what I'm trying to say.

English not my primary language and I have drunk a bottle of wine...

I like the "is made possible by" idea. I think it'd be better if I get it grayscaled and over in the bottom right versus so front and center. I agree it seems like a cheap ad right now which isn't the intent.

maounique

I think we already have a board for posting offers, IMO this should be a general discussion board about hosting and technology, as well as their role in modern human life.
Only long term members and contributors should be able to talk about their projects and stuff, while everyone should be able to ask questions and receive help.
My2 cents.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Will KnownHost erect a statue of me in their office, as tribute? I'll also accept a classy bronze bust.

Reactions: Lee
amuck-landowner