amuck-landowner

Wagers: What other VPS companies does Colocrossing own / ghost operate

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Doesn't the UGVPS people have the same thing? Where all the test IP's belong to CVPS? Or did Crystal get that 'fixed'? I know they did had some boxes at datacentic or whatever they're called but they moved that to CC as well.

Francisco
Datacentec in North Carolina.  

Unsure why folks shutter other locations and move all operations to Colocrossing only.  To me that is a sign of impending doom or shenanigans. 

UGVPS has been rather quiet lately on the offers.

Last one was $19 for 6 month 2GB VPS....$3.17 a month......

As much as it would be easy to lump UGVPS in with CC in the ghost operation.  Last LEB ad intentionally shows three different providers:

Los Angeles Network (QuadraNet Bandwidth):

Test IP: 198.23.250.123

Test File: http://198.23.250.123/100mb.test

Atlanta Network (Colo@ Bandwidth):

Test IP: 198.23.228.2

Test File: http://198.23.228.2/100mb.test

Chicago (ColoCrossing Bandwidth)

Test IP: 192.210.238.130

Test File: http://198.144.186.68/100mb.test
Colo@ and Quadranet?  Wrong.  The IPs are all Colocrossing IPs.

I detest providers masking their Colocrossing-only network.

Back to UGVPS, Crystal is the fellows wife.  Does she help?  Maybe.

UGVPS is registered to the husband, Thomas Dale.

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Pennsylvania/Wilkes-Barre/thomas-dale/93227596.aspx

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
+1 for WeLoveServers :)  Good response and quick.

I never understood the community hatred towards them.
Well CVPS has earned the kickings they get.   To summarize, Chris is friends with Biloh over at CC... Biloh registered the chicagovps.net domain. Chris played a little game about not owning BuffaloVPS then ended up owning such.  There is that infamous SolusVM bug and the customer database leaked to the universe in November 2012.  Then there is the #winning attitude and often slinging mud at non Colocrossing customers (i.e. his competitors).

I forgot, like CC, CVPS has mystery and stealth employees with multiple personality disorders --- is it Kevin or is it Adam?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
No, the Adam/Kevin fiasco can be traced back to URPad, where Kevin/Adam was a "reseller" of URPad's services (sound familiar :) ).  Later after imploding his Latch/Hatch companies or URPad disassembling the companies for sale to other saps, Adam became Kevin.   Chris Miller lingers on here and he should come out with the reality of why he has stayed mum about the relationship and fiction.  I've tried get Miller to say what was what gently due to the pending sale of URPad...  But now... well. Spill it.

Some strange dynamics between Miller and Kevin/Adam. I know a shit throwing competition would be had between both parties so they keep it buttoned up.

Old Latch files someone assembled show a bunch of known names in the industry behind the scenes.   URPad really reminded me of the CVPS/CC reseller gimmick and fake front companies.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh you just wait, there is more :)

This industry (and not just the low end) is a total scam heap.  Nothing new though in saying that.   

Ideally, the honest folks are rewarded with loyal customers and thriving businesses.

concerto49

Verified Provider
Oh you just wait, there is more :)

This industry (and not just the low end) is a total scam heap.  Nothing new though in saying that.   

Ideally, the honest folks are rewarded with loyal customers and thriving businesses.

Usually not the case in the real world sadly. The ideals don't happen.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Usually not the case in the real world sadly. The ideals don't happen.
True, but we can blame that syndrome on the mentally stunted folks and the media priority on Hollyweird and random fashion.

Perhaps it's time to start in depth profiles on providers along with more than benchmarks.  Also include a scandal rating :)  Look at outstanding complaints, threads online, inability to conduct oneself properly in public, lingering HackForums stench, etc. 

Oh, I am brainstorming :)  As is today, lots of us keep rewarding unsavory folks with business, because the information on the provider historically isn't available at hand easily.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
What other companies does Colocrossing ghost own/operate?

via ChicagoVPS, they control UGVPS.

Yes this is a change of view on my end.   Information coming in the next few hours.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Did I say a few hours...  :)  ?

Some time today I suspect.  It's Sunday and that's time for groceries and family.

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
Heh heh...

You guys and your theories. Good luck figuring it all out.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh foil hat time  :)

Nick_A signing off as Francisco ;)  Kidding, but I saw it.  Writing it down in pencil in case I need to erase it later.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Fuck where's that edit button!

MANNNDDUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEE

Francisco

It was changed recently with our new policy since the Jack incident. 

Curtis

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner