amuck-landowner

what happened to hoster sonwebhost.com and how to restore

prost

hello.

I used to use reselling plan hosting at SonWebHost.com

Saddenly in friday 12 jul 2013 server got down.

website sonwebhost.com got down and still is unrisponsible.

phone and skype do not respond.

SO:

my websites are down

no fresh back_up

no understanding what's happening -- have I to wait (but it's 3d day) or to transfer to another hoster and is it possible at least to get copies of my data.

Can somebody tell me what's that?

Do somepody know personally Mark Grannum(it's owner) -- is he ok?

can somebody recommend what to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Well, regardless, I'd recommend you move away from 'SonWebHost'. A search on Google will show you he's not one to be trusted.

You've learned a lesson though - always have recent backups to hand!

Ivan

Verified Provider
Yeah, you should stay away from them. 

Doubt the owner is even named "Mark Grannum", but that's just me.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
HE actually has client and you actually signed up with this character? 0_0

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffrey

I still want to know how I ended up on their mailing list, when I've never signed up with them before or even heard of them!

Ivan

Verified Provider
I still want to know how I ended up on their mailing list, when I've never signed up with them before or even heard of them!
Haha! That's funny, the fact that you've never even heard of them. Maybe he saw your email in your signature and added you onto there. :p

Jeffrey

Haha! That's funny, the fact that you've never even heard of them. Maybe he saw your email in your signature and added you onto there. :p
Yeah, I have no idea.  I then went onto his live chat to get removed and he asked me if I wanted to have a Martini in Cuba with him, or some shit like that.  Luckily he actually removed me!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
His website is working for me again. prost are your services running again now? Any explanation provided by the host in regard to the downtime?

threz

I'm willing to bet there was no communication from Sonwebhost because his email server was hosted on the same server as the website, the dns server... and obviously at least some of the VPSs he was selling. 

Sonwebhost

Hi I very sorry for the outage which lasted 3 days and will try my very best not to disappoint my customers again. I am sending each customer a Free Martini Lunch via email hope your still on my mailing list. 

Jade

NodeServ
Verified Provider
Yeah, I have no idea.  I then went onto his live chat to get removed and he asked me if I wanted to have a Martini in Cuba with him, or some shit like that.  Luckily he actually removed me!

Hi I very sorry for the outage which lasted 3 days and will try my very best not to disappoint my customers again. I am sending each customer a Free Martini Lunch via email hope your still on my mailing list. 
That about sum's it up lol.

threz

You're compensating your customers by sending them a coupon?

Damian

Verified Provider
What's interesting is that he's sending it to each customer... but from this thread, there's many people who weren't actually customers but are on the lunch. Everyone should sign up and receive a potential free lunch, except tanstaafl.

amuck-landowner