amuck-landowner

What smartphone do you guys use?

XLvps

I currently have an iPhone 5 but I really like the HTC One.  What does everyone here use?

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
iPhone 4S, formerly on iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken, now on iOS 6.1.3 waiting for a JB. It works, and it is nice and fast. Whoo :D

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
HTC Sensation (personal) and an HTC HD2 (work), both running custom ROMs.
I have a HTC Sensation 4G that I used to use while I was in the US.  I'm currently trying to root it and... well...  It's a bitch.  A few of the S-Off tutorials were outdated and using my old netbook (thanks moving company for being 4 months late on moving my things!) it just ended up in frustration.  Good phone though.  

In terms of the actual thread I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A.  It's a beast but kinda overkill for my purposes.  Not rooted (I'm actually a fan of the stock rom right now).  

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I have a HTC Sensation 4G that I used to use while I was in the US.  I'm currently trying to root it and... well...  It's a bitch.  A few of the S-Off tutorials were outdated and using my old netbook (thanks moving company for being 4 months late on moving my things!) it just ended up in frustration.  Good phone though. 
I had the same issue with mine and Kristi's.  Took a bit of trial and error before I realized the firmware was the issue... I don't remember exactly what I had to update first (I'll go digging for it today and see if I can find it for you), but there is something you have to install first before being able to throw on the bootloader and ROM.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
iPhone 5S from today  ^_^ 4s before.

Last edited by a moderator:

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Right now my provider only supports the Motorola Defy XT which I absolutely love (tough little phone and being waterproof is a major plus when I take it swimming) but I will most likely be ordering a Moto X when they offer them in November (hopefully I don't have to change my plan although the 4G for $20 more a month does sound tempting).

<3 Republic Wireless

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Still using LG Optimus, but unactivated and rooted and filtering the DNS with massive block listing.  Purely using as wifi-only device. Mainly for streaming audio and a few common apps.

jarland

The ocean is digital
iPhone 5 here. Runs like a beast, makes me happy. Wish the camera was better though. The pictures look excellent...on the device's screen.

Jade

NodeServ
Verified Provider
Right now my provider only supports the Motorola Defy XT which I absolutely love (tough little phone and being waterproof is a major plus when I take it swimming) but I will most likely be ordering a Moto X when they offer them in November (hopefully I don't have to change my plan although the 4G for $20 more a month does sound tempting).

<3 Republic Wireless
I heard about that, it looks like its very reasonably priced. Especially with the phone you get :D

XLvps

iPhone 5 here. Runs like a beast, makes me happy. Wish the camera was better though. The pictures look excellent...on the device's screen.
For a while I had the Lumia 920 and the camera was sick.  The only problem is there are slim pickings for Windows Mobile apps. 

wlanboy

Content Contributer
HTC One.

Latest firmware update made a quite solid smartphone out of it. Energy saving mode lasts for about 3 days.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Galaxy s3. I've got like no apps on it and just use it as a normal person would use a normal phone. I just browse the web on it sometimes while in bed still if I can't reach my laptop.

amuck-landowner