amuck-landowner

What's for Lunch?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Decided to cook something up today:

Fried some bacon in cast iron skillet, then sauteed onions and potatoes in bacon grease, diced the  bacon up small and put it back in with the potatoes and onions, cracked a couple eggs on top, sprinkled cheddar cheese on top. Mmm. Damn good breakfast.

Starting to cook more. It's cheaper and better. Lunch later will probably be grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes. 12 grain bread, big slices, no high-fructose corn syrup or any of that crap. Tomatoes from the backyard. Pepperjack cheese :p

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Decided to cook something up today:

Fried some bacon in cast iron skillet, then sauteed onions and potatoes in bacon grease, diced the  bacon up small and put it back in with the potatoes and onions, cracked a couple eggs on top, sprinkled cheddar cheese on top. Mmm. Damn good breakfast.

Starting to cook more. It's cheaper and better. Lunch later will probably be grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes. 12 grain bread, big slices, no high-fructose corn syrup or any of that crap. Tomatoes from the backyard. Pepperjack cheese :p
I hate you.

A while back I used to make this potato dish.  Dice up potatoes, onions, bell peppers, and saute them on a skillet with olive oil.  When sauteing add some cajun seasoning, a bit of chili powder, and onion powder.  When the potatoes are soft and start to brown crack a few eggs into it and continue mixing.  Like you sprinkle copious amounts of shredded cheese into it and continue mixing it as it melts.  Move it over to a serving dish (usually a bowl).  Get a giant spoon full of guacamole and just give a nice spoon-full on top.  Get a little diced tomatoes and "sprinkle" a few pieces on top.  

It didn't have bacon in it and it's a variation of your own breakfast dish, but damn did I love every bite of it.  

Also, you should totally make some tomato basil soup with that grilled cheese sandwich.  I LOVE dipping the grilled cheese into some tomato basil soup and eating it like that.  

Damn it's 1:00AM and I'm hungry as hell.  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I did the potatoes + onions + green peppers + salt + pepper mix in the oven the other morning.  Heap of potatoes wasting away in a cupboard.

Right now, well today, on the liquid diet.   Cytomax  Sports Drink now, earlier it was lemonade (fresh squeezed), in an hour it probably will be a beer.

Need to fit some solids somewhere into there.  Busy day though.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
All of you guy's lunch sounds so interesting compared with mine. It's either the chicken and chips shop (don't particularly like it) or the sandwich bar or Greggs. Pretty boring choice near my school, and the fact that they're pretty much all sold out by the time I get there because there are so many students. :(

At home I don't really eat lunch, don't see a reason to do it. I can eat whenever I want at home, no need for a fixed time.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Chili con carne this evening though I didn't make it, my other half did.

It's my turn to cook tomorrow.. no idea what yet. Suggestions? :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I just had half alright Americanized burrito from a regional gasoline chain that has gone all yuppie.  Wasn't up to snuff with say Chipolte, but was above the rubbish in the freezer section.

One of those days in my humble abode.   All work, no time.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Just cereal today :p

I usually don't get up until 1PM my time since I'll go to bed at 6AM.

Francisco

rsk

Verified Provider
You wouldn't really know it.

Its called "Machboos", an Arabic dish...

Machboos-3-sm.jpg

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
^ --- pretty plate of food there.

Finally got to check out a regional Indian restaurant last night for dinner.  Nice break from the usual.

Pancakes and potatoes cooking in the kitchen at the moment.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Here was mine:

1379087363-c6hsko.jpg

:)

amuck-landowner