amuck-landowner

Who is your dedicated server provider or data center?

shovenose

Verified Provider
I used shovehost, for some reason they kept ddosing sites, using LET as a personal helpdesk, and don't listen. Total Scam!
Are you actually a current or previous customer? Go ahead and post a screenshot of your account or something before you talk trash about my company.

Kyle

The only place I have had a dedi was with HostDime, but that was about a year ago and I was pretty happy with them while I was there :).

Mun

Never Forget
Are you actually a current or previous customer? Go ahead and post a screenshot of your account or something before you talk trash about my company.
That's quite funny actually. everything I referenced there you did and/or was made public. So I really wouldn't have to provide my current customer info to know that you have done it. I mean your a VPS host and you DDOS other competitors to what, test there servers? You understood how frustrating it was when your site was DDOS'd so why do it to others? Ohh wait, sorry I'm talking to shovenose, hes just a little kid who breaks TOS and US Law.

Last edited by a moderator:

shovenose

Verified Provider
That's quite funny actually. everything I referenced there you did and/or was made public. So I really wouldn't have to provide my current customer info to know that you have done it. I mean your a VPS host and you DDOS other competitors to what, test there servers? You understood how frustrating it was when your site was DDOS'd so why do it to others? Ohh wait, sorry I'm talking to shovenose, hes just a little kid who breaks TOS and US Law.
Can you prove I'm a little kid? No. Because I'm of legal age to run my company. Are you angry I'm not doing LLC? Because I don't think you realize that California has an $800/year franchise tax in addition to all of the other expenses. If you want to pay that, be my guest. But I think you'll say no. So shut up and mind your own business (no pun intended).

George_Fusioned

Verified Provider
Can you prove I'm a little kid? No. Because I'm of legal age to run my company. Are you angry I'm not doing LLC? Because I don't think you realize that California has an $800/year franchise tax in addition to all of the other expenses. If you want to pay that, be my guest. But I think you'll say no. So shut up and mind your own business (no pun intended).
I think Mun is referring to this:

Screen%20Shot%202013-05-20%20at%203.12.25%20AM.png

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/9183/look-what-our-good-ol-shovenose-has-been-up-to/

Reactions: Mun

Mun

Never Forget
Yes indeed I am @George_Fusioned.

@Shovenose, I'm not referring to your age, but your maturity level when I use "kid." I really don't care if you're a LLC or not, but no I will not shut up and nor is it none of my business.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Yes indeed I am @George_Fusioned.

@Shovenose, I'm not referring to your age, but your maturity level when I use "kid." I really don't care if you're a LLC or not, but no I will not shut up and nor is it none of my business.
I understand. I guess I took it the wrong way, so I apologize for that.

Anyway, hopefully I can prove that I am not like that anymore, moving forward.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting

To be honest, if you are seriously considering trying to be taken seriously in the web hosting industry, you might be at the point where a legal name change is in order

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1051.htm

edit: bonus, consider making your last name Dotnet a la Kim Dotcom

shovenose

Verified Provider
To be honest, if you are seriously considering trying to be taken seriously in the web hosting industry, you might be at the point where a legal name change is in order

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1051.htm
Thank you for the resource.

However not only is that obscenely expensive but I also do not want to be known as the cheater that took the easy way out. Its going to take effort to get past my poor reputation and immature history however as I dig myself out of this hole it will get resolved.

nunim

VPS Junkie

Oh man, from the guy that just told me he wasn't a kiddie host...   How did I miss this on LET??  

2 months isn't a long time to change your act..

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
You're just surrounded by us "Knight" themed businesses, aren't you :)

We have a cage in Fiberhub, where we share a wall with @Francisco.
I can almost promise that we didn't to anything too horrible to that wall <_<

and yes that was me that was talking to you when the power hiccups happend.   What a day that was.   

Aah, I think I missed meeting you.  Must've been when I was passed out on the floor  :mellow:

shovenose

Verified Provider
A good start would be to actually do what you said you'll do:

Source: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/unmanagedservers-5month-256mb-openvz-vps-in-kansas-city/

Simply stating that "California has an $800/year franchise tax" is not an excuse to not having a legitimate business entity through which you conduct business. Taxes & transaction/bank fees should be the first thing in your business plan's expense sheet.
Yes, I decided SHOVENET was an ugly name. Until I get a proper holdings company I just made ShoveHost sole prop in the interim

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Kinky.  Erm... I mean.   Hard Worker!  

Disclaimer: This entire statement is a sarcastic joke.  
:(

Hey man, that was one hell of a drive  :mellow:  Up for 24 hours, 10 hour drive in a truck that was way too small for me (poor Fran straddling the gearbox <_<), arriving at the DC at 7am and staying up most that day to rack up.  By the time that most of the physical stuff was done, I pretty much just laid down by the cage and crashed out while Fran fixed up the networking/etc  -_-

amuck-landowner