amuck-landowner

Who was your first VPS provider?

Husky

Verified Dog
Verified Provider
IPXCore were the first people I ever purchased a VPS from

I had a shell account with frenzy.biz before that. Not sure if they're still in business.

VPSSoldiers

What about you, who was your first VPS provider?

I was first with LiquidWeb (for VPS) as I had a dedi with them and wasn't able to afford it any more so I downgraded I still had that VPS up until 2013 when I quadrupled the amount of VPSs I had and was still paying the same amount.

QuadraNet_Adam

Verified Provider
My first VPS was through a provider called IwhiC, they have since sold to AHosting. Then if I recall correctly, my second VPS was with FTNHosting @Chris Miller. 

:) This post takes me all the way back to 2008!

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
My first VPS was through a provider called IwhiC, they have since sold to AHosting. Then if I recall correctly, my second VPS was with FTNHosting @Chris Miller. 

2008 was a great year! :)

Yeah IwhiC was a pretty reputable provider on DigitalPoint back in the day I got to know both owners over the years. Sad what happened to Aimee with her unexpected death and last I knew Jason who was the other owner of IwhiC was in prison. (unrelated) 

My first WHM reseller was with mycoolworld and first vps was with http://lowendbox.com/blog/fiveminutevps-5-openvz-vps-with-128mb-ram/ back in 2008.

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Hm...I made a mistake in my earlier reply; RoseHosting wasn't my first VPS provider. My first VPS was provided by a guy named Joshua Levitsky in the year 2000 and it was via joshie.com — I got the VPS for nothing, zilch, nada, zip, and I kept it until about 2005, if I remember correctly. We got along surprisingly well despite our massive differences ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

cdrive

I first had my VPS with steadcom and the specs were good though, but they no longer providing services anymore.

willie

My first personal vps was the AlienLayer 192MB plan, like several other people here.  It was one of the earliest really cheap plans, cheap enough that I could buy it for experimentation without having an actual use for it.  I was very happy with it even though it was horribly unreliable by current standards.  I got my money's worth ($15/year or so, when everything else cost much more) just from the experience of setting it up and installing some stuff on it and serving a few personal pages.

Before that I used a Rackspace VPS for some work stuff, but it had been purchased and set up by one of my co-workers.   IIRC it was $12.50 a month for 512MB ram and 20gb of disk or thereabouts.  I thought that was very affordable and figured I'd buy one myself once I had a use for it.  Then I watched LEB for a while and got the Alien vps and the addiction started.

ALN2015

Hostingfuze through their vpsfuze service.

They may still be arround, however they do not offer services any longer to new clients.

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider

The DP era of hosts some memories there lol.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider

The DP era of hosts some memories there lol.
Haha yeah those were the days! I can't believe its been nearly 8 years since I got my start there. 

@badpatrick Sorry to hear about issues with URPad  (I used to be the owner of the company which owned URPad). When did you have service with them?

keanu

My first provider was HostGator, 5 years ago. Actually was really good and ran a gameserver decently.

amuck-landowner