amuck-landowner

Yet Another SolusVM Alternative: VPSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Sounds like a great alternative, I'm kind of glad so many more panels are coming out now, gives a lot of choices.

I'm sad to see that there's been a problem with funding however. :(
Its not a problem with the funding. The developer took off after he got paid some of the money.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Sounds like a great alternative, I'm kind of glad so many more panels are coming out now, gives a lot of choices. 

I'm sad to see that there's been a problem with funding however. :(
Which of the panels is still in development? Feathur is out in private use but that's about it.

Francisco

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Feathur *should* be going beta soon. I'll likely be migrating within a month or so. Really comes down to KVM support, he's still focusing on the OVZ side of things as well as other basics like rDNS and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueVM

Verified Provider
@Francisco - Feathur is available for public use and you can contact me to buy a license. Fact remains most people are waiting for KVM support first, then they'll buy a copy and start using it. SkylarM already has a copy of Feathur running on one of her servers so it's out there, just haven't made a big public release yet...

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
@Francisco - Feathur is available for public use and you can contact me to buy a license. Fact remains most people are waiting for KVM support first, then they'll buy a copy and start using it. SkylarM already has a copy of Feathur running on one of her servers so it's out there, just haven't made a big public release yet...
What I mean is for sale :)

I don't need another panel ;)

Francisco

SkylarM

Verified Provider
'her' WHAT ;(

BlueVM

Verified Provider
@Aldryic C'boas - Yes I did, but I wasn't making a sales pitch so much as following up on his comment by stating that it is in fact for sale. You guys have your own panel and if I wanted to make a sales pitch I'd just go PM every verified provider on this board... I'm not developing it to make money, just improve the quality of the control panels on the market...

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
When you address someone by name, and tell them they can contact you to make a purchase... that's a sales pitch.  Fairly arrogant to assume that someone who has already developed and released a complete panel would want to purchase a partial one, no?

I'm not developing it to make money, just improve the quality of the control panels on the market...
... c'mon now, at least be honest.  Four words.  FOSS.

Jade

NodeServ
Verified Provider
How much does a license cost?

BlueVM

Verified Provider
When you address someone by name, and tell them they can contact you to make a purchase... that's a sales pitch.  Fairly arrogant to assume that someone who has already developed and released a complete panel would want to purchase a partial one, no?

... c'mon now, at least be honest.  Four words.  FOSS.
Feathur is released with open source, but programs require money to be maintained... thus its not free. Either way I wasn't trying to sell him anything.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Feathur is released with open source, but programs require money to be maintained... thus its not free. Either way I wasn't trying to sell him anything.
It'd not be opensource then, it'd just be unencrypted :)

Not to nitpick but I wouldn't want someone to license your work then start handing it around just because they read it was 'open source'. I'm not sure if you plan to have a license server in place or to use the honour system.

Francisco

yolo

I can vouch how shitty DimeCadium is of a worker. I hired him. Big mistake. This is all the tickets he did:

tPdZbAR.png

And he would then snoop on clients data and PM them and be like I know where you live. 

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
Will be interesting to see which solution comes out on top, but you can always make money off it by offering support in the form of installation help, troubleshooting, and features added.

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
I can vouch how shitty DimeCadium is of a worker. I hired him. Big mistake. This is all the tickets he did:

tPdZbAR.png

And he would then snoop on clients data and PM them and be like I know where you live. 

Is this a necro'd post or what, and probably the first part of the guy's name Dime aka Dimebag should of been a warning maybe.  Probably just funded some guys pot habit lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner