amuck-landowner

Yet Another SolusVM Alternative: VPSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DimeCadmium

Just wanted to let everyone know, the timeline has had to be pushed back a little bit due to some issues on my end, but it still should be pretty close.

@H4G, if you haven't already, put a post on the forums (or shoot a message to KuJoe) would you?

Thanks all.

H4G

Verified Provider
Just wanted to let everyone know, the timeline has had to be pushed back a little bit due to some issues on my end, but it still should be pretty close.

@H4G, if you haven't already, put a post on the forums (or shoot a message to KuJoe) would you?

Thanks all.
Done.

Nikki

libvirt has a ton of library implementations in PHP etc, you can even use it for OpenVZ, so I don't see why if you're starting from the ground up you wouldn't want to just make OpenVZ run off it :)

serverian

Verified Provider
libvirt has a ton of library implementations in PHP etc, you can even use it for OpenVZ, so I don't see why if you're starting from the ground up you wouldn't want to just make OpenVZ run off it :)
I heard libvirt + openvz = problem

joepie91

I heard libvirt + openvz = problem
More like libvirt + openvz = your shit will break randomly and refuse to work for no discernible reason. I'm not the only one with this issue, I've heard quite a few other people confirm that they had the same issue. Not something you want to make a production panel rely on.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I heard the most common thing is to build something custom for OpenVZ and then use libvirt for everything else. I don't think I've ever read of an instance where using libvirt for OpenVZ worked properly but I've read plenty of "WTH libvirt?" threads/articles in regards to OpenVZ.

KS_Phillip

Verified Provider
I heard the most common thing is to build something custom for OpenVZ and then use libvirt for everything else. I don't think I've ever read of an instance where using libvirt for OpenVZ worked properly but I've read plenty of "WTH libvirt?" threads/articles in regards to OpenVZ.
That's pretty much our experience.  libvirt-php works pretty reliably for kvm, especially after they accepted our patches (to implement libvirt functionality that was missing from libvirt-php).

KuJoe

Verified Provider
If anybody is still in communication with DimeCadmium, please ask him to contact me. He seems to have disappeared once we made our first payment to him.

Ivan

Verified Provider
If anybody is still in communication with DimeCadmium, please ask him to contact me. He seems to have disappeared once we made our first payment to him.
@KuJoe, eh, looks like he was last seen playing some CS: Source today.... and also has been gaming for 42 hours total, for the past two weeks.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dimecadmium

And.. you can find his Facebook there, yup, he sure is active.

Good luck! 

Last edited by a moderator:

KuJoe

Verified Provider
He won't respond to my messages or e-mails so I guess he's spent the money already.

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
That is a shame! I was only thinking to myself earlier about these "New" VPS control panels being made :(

Hopefully you get more progress, or your money back.

clarity

@KuJoe that sucks. I always thought that DimeCadmium was a good guy. He lives pretty close to me from what I remember. Hopefully, he will come back to you soon. I hope that he wouldn't take the money and run.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I really want to say something here... but I'll be nice. Sorry KuJoe, instinct told me to warn you against working with him (and another person).. but figured he might do better on a second chance. Ended up being a bust =\

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Luckily the first payment wasn't a whole lot (under $200) so it could have been a lot worse. The silver lining to this whole situation is that I've decided to code the VPSM panel myself and I'm more than 50% done with it (I've got it running on a test server and it's already integrated into WHMCS so that's a really good sign). Unfortunately, because of this whole situation (and my horrible coding skills) VPSM won't be released publicly. :(

Oh well, can't say I didn't try.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Dimebag is one of the laziest motherfuckers I know.

You can also ask his past employer, @KS_Phillip, about how his performance was when he worked there. He complained about not getting paid much but he never did any work.

I've warned people about doing business with him because he has a terrible track record.

I'm sorry Joe, I didn't say anything because you said you were only paying on delivery. Given all 30 lines he's shoved in the github I was hoping he was simply commiting code to a private repos first.

Francisco

KS_Phillip

Verified Provider
Dimebag is one of the laziest motherfuckers I know.

You can also ask his past employer, @KS_Phillip, about how his performance was when he worked there. He complained about not getting paid much but he never did any work.

I've warned people about doing business with him because he has a terrible track record.

I'm sorry Joe, I didn't say anything because you said you were only paying on delivery. Given all 30 lines he's shoved in the github I was hoping he was simply commiting code to a private repos first.

Francisco
Pretty much our experience with him... Sorry @KuJoe, that sucks!  Let me know if you run into any trouble on VPSM, we've done quite a bit in that general area

Bernard T.

It's really a shame to read that a good idea of crowd-funding has failed with ripoff...

@KuJoe ... maybe your coding isn't so good, but that being stated I don't see why not to push your current work to the public and let others to contribute additional code, fixes and improvements?  :huh:

I don't know how many of you are familiar with ISPConfig http://www.ispconfig.org, my favorite FLOSS control panel? I've been using it for years and it's really very well coded, extremely stable and pretty secure. Although not having an eyecandy design, it looks nice and - it has a very stable general OpenVZ management functionally already in tact. So, I'd suggest maybe taking ISPConfig as a proven cornerstone for coding additional code that would widen the VPS capabilities... what do you all think ??  :popcorn:

ComputerTrophy

I'm confused. What happened?

Just a quick update for those who still visit here. As of now we've yet to receive any communication from DimeCadmium after the initial payment was made. After multiple attempts to contact him via e-mail and waiting for 1 month for a reply/update/sign of life, I think it's safe to say we've been had and our money is long gone.
I've been working on our own version of VPSM but I don't think this version will ever be released publicly so I apologize for those involved.

If you do happen to be in contact with DimeCadmium (John), please ask him to contact me as I would like an explanation and a refund.

ErrantWeb-Travis

Verified Provider
Sounds like a great alternative, I'm kind of glad so many more panels are coming out now, gives a lot of choices. 

I'm sad to see that there's been a problem with funding however. :( 

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner