amuck-landowner

Zimmerman found not guilty.... Your thoughts?

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
I'm no stranger to weed, having been a High School student and young adult myself, and I don't think his marijuana use was anything more than that of what High School teens do. Tim and Eric aren't my cup of tea, but give me Trailer Park Boys and I'll sit here all night. I think the drug use that was more worrying was the 'lean', or whatever. Look up his posts he made on Facebook and Twitter prior to all of this. He asks a friend where to get codeine. No the pill form, but liquid form. Skittles+Watermelon Fruit Drink+Liquid Codeine is the speculation of what was going on that night, based on his social media history.

It's an unfortunate event, but not really all that news worthy when you consider on any given night there are people being killed in Chicago and any other major US city. This one was just unique because it was a 'white man' killing a 'black boy' instead of the usual white man killing white man or black man killing black man story. Trayvon was in much better shape and experienced in recreational fighting. Zimmerman was out of shape, and I believe he was truly fearing for his life. The type of individual who would attack someone just for eyeing them down is the same type of un-adjusted individual who would be capable of something much worse. When would Trayvon had stopped attacking Zimmerman had he not been shot? When he got wore out? When Zimmerman stopped moving or was knocked unconscious? You can be put in a coma or die from the head injuries he suffered. It's unfortunate, but he did what he had to do after he was attacked.
I've seen that Facebook post, and Trayvon is such a hardened experienced drug user that he thinks DXM and codeine are the same thing, when anyone who has actually tried both could tell you they aren't similar at all. I've had enough codeine in my life to tell you that it just makes you sleepy and not a 'thug' in any way, and I've watched friends and fraternity brothers chug through a ton of cough syrup for what is a shitty buzz that makes music sound better followed by a headache at best.

Also, look up the pictures of when Zimmerman was arrested - he wasn't out of shape - he ballooned up 120 by the time the trial came around, but he was in pretty good shape when the incident went down. He lost that weight (before the night of the shooting) by training in MMA at a local gym, Kokopelli's in Longwood FL, for some time.

texteditor

It's the administrations attempt at furthering their gun-control agenda. The school shootings didn't work because these were crazy and fucked up individuals to begin with according to the media. What they needed was a law abiding citizen committing some sort of atrocity with his legally purchased weapon that he had a permit to carry legally, as that was not an anti-gun image that's been plastered over the TV yet.
Gun control was never the social issue at the core of this though, it was overzealous self-defense laws and the way police never bothered to look into the shooting of a black boy until people made noise.

texteditor

Like I said - Zimmerman may be a scumbag. But it's not just that Trayvon had disciplinary issues at school - they were apparently related to his violent behavior there. So yes, that does make him more likely to randomly attack someone, whereas a less violent young man would probably just run away from the "creepy" neighborhood watch guy.
I've seen reports his disciplinary problems were for truancy, graffiti, and drug use - is there a link to this supposed violent behavior? Because you can look up Zimmerman's name on the Miami-Dade court record website to get hard evidence of his violent past.

texteditor

Like I said - Zimmerman may be a scumbag. But it's not just that Trayvon had disciplinary issues at school - they were apparently related to his violent behavior there. So yes, that does make him more likely to randomly attack someone, whereas a less violent young man would probably just run away from the "creepy" neighborhood watch guy.
I agree, but I can also understand how a young black kid being followed by a creepy man who, in the dark, probably did not look unlike a skinhead, may not want to lead him back to where his little brother was.

texteditor

March 28, 2012: http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/justice/florida-teen-shooting-trademarks Trademarking Trayvon's name.

Will touch base on the other comments after work.
The only way to keep people from profiting off her son's death (like that asshole who made the hoodied character with skittles & tea gun range targets).

It's not like she's currently making millions selling Trayvon T-shirts or something, they are setting up a foundation in his honor.

Completely different situations

"There are so many people out there doing things with Trayvon's name and some inappropriate people, so without that trademark they did not have the right to tell them to cease and desist."

Last edited by a moderator:

jcaleb

based on reading, it seems there is no case to begin with.  seems there is no probable cause and should have not reached the court

Naruto

Traitor.

nunim

VPS Junkie
As a proud Floridian, I can safely say that I'm glad he walked, I was reasonably sure that he was going to but it's nice to know that not all people are so easily influenced by mass media.

based on reading, it seems there is no case to begin with.  seems there is no probable cause and should have not reached the court

Indeed, they didn't arrest and charge him with a crime until after substantial public(media) pressure. 

Zimmerman is suing NBC for editing the audio aired on TV of his 911 call that alone made him seem racist, which he'll probably need all the money he can get after Martin's sue him (even though TM's mom is trademarking the name, 'Trayvon').
Good, if I was him I would be talking to the ACLU or Southern Poverty Law Center about suing NBC for 100 million dollars since he will have some trouble finding decent employment after this fiasco. 

Here's the thing: you really shouldn't be able to kill someone with a firearm and not get a default 'manslaughter' until you prove you were actually acting in self defense.
I don't think you understand how the justice system works in the United States of America, here we are entitled to the "Presumption of innocence", you do not have to prove your innocence, in criminal cases they must prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. If this doesn't suit you then either move to Iran or become a Supreme Court Justice and set a new precedent.  Do you think soldier's should be tried for killing enemies during combat?

I agree, but I can also understand how a young black kid being followed by a creepy man who, in the dark, probably did not look unlike a skinhead, may not want to lead him back to where his little brother was.

He was not a "little black kid", he was an almost fully grown teenager. Although I live in South Florida, which really isn't part of the "South" like Central FL, I have traveled extensively in Florida as well as around the country yet in my travels I don't think I've seen an identifiable skinhead anywhere in the past 5 years. Are skinheads still around in significant numbers? I've never heard any of my non-caucasian friends talking about being fearful of skinheads, I would think that one is more likely to be struck by a bus while crossing the street. 

It's sad that being judged non-guilty by a jury of your peers in insufficient to quell those who think they know everything. When OJ Simpson got off the hook Caucasian's did not riot in the streets, despite the overwhelming evidence of his guilt.

Had both Zimmerman and Martin made better choices that night, Martin would be alive and Zimmerman's life would not have been ruined by the resulting media circus. Unfortunately hindsight is always 20/20 and none of us can say for certain what we would have done in his place. 

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
It's not like she's currently making millions selling Trayvon T-shirts or something, they are setting up a foundation in his honor.
Doesn't matter she should not be allowed to profit off her son's criminal behavior which resulted in his death due to his own actions.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
Just wait until the (in my opinion) inevitable Civil Suit. That will likely turn out MUCH different.

amuck-landowner