amuck-landowner

100TB a month challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

NodePacket

Verified Provider
You know, just thinking about the ways people will get around his TOS and AUP, I wonder how many times he will modify it before he suspends everyone. 100TB is just.... Why? Especially on a what $5, VPS?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
100TB is just.... Why? Especially on a what $5, VPS?
So people will talk about it/GVH.

It's a stupid plan, not sustainable, and if I was a 'regular' client with just a normal use site I'd be super pissed off at the network degradation because of this. But yeah, it's to get people to talk about them.

NodePacket

Verified Provider
So people will talk about it/GVH.

It's a stupid plan, not sustainable, and if I was a 'regular' client with just a normal use site I'd be super pissed off at the network degradation because of this. But yeah, it's to get people to talk about them.
I hope that Jon has the capital to cover all of the bandwidth. If he doesn't, we may just start seeing 'ColoCrossing' on the CC and PayPal statements.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I hope that Jon has the capital to cover all of the bandwidth. If he doesn't, we may just start seeing 'ColoCrossing' on the CC and PayPal statements.
Judging by his financials he posted in the past, I'd say he doesn't cover the cost but I don't know what sort of deal he got from HVH who got hooked up due to their financial relationship with CC.

Doesn't seem sustainable in any way, shape, or form. How many 100TB clients can you put on one node? Hopefully they're in low numbers, and isolated with each other. If I was a regular client I'd be super pissed being on a node with such users. My little wordpress blog may only get 12 hits a day but you can rest assured I'd be rightfully pissed if I had network issues because I was put on a node with customers like some of you in here. But then again, if you only put 10 customers on a node... that's $50/mo revenue. Obviously operating at a loss but I don't think it matters due to the upstreams.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Now we are talking...   GVH is becoming my favorite niche brand this quarter no doubt.

I like the kid's gusto.  
It's easy to say he'll give an iPad mini to the first person who "legit" uses 100TB. Buffalo's network is so awful that it's impossible to do so, and anything that will use 100TB I'm sure he can write off as "not legitimate". I'll give you a million dollars if you can locate bigfoot.

Neo

TOR and 100TB.... you get already problems with 3TB per month because of the CPU usage.

So would be inpossible to burn 100TB with TOR on a VPS, your provider would fuck you up before you could burn up 100TB.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'd like to point out that he's not promising 100TB of bandwidth.

He's promising 100TB of premium bandwidth.

Gc98pV3.png

04GoPKH.jpg
We even got a meme on here! About time!

"He's promising 100TB of premium bandwidth."

In all fairness, isn't Buffalo now mainly / often / sometimes Level 3 upstream?  That would be premium if so.   

I need to look at their other location upstreams.

I want 100TB in San Jose CC location :) 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It's easy to say he'll give an iPad mini to the first person who "legit" uses 100TB. Buffalo's network is so awful that it's impossible to do so, and anything that will use 100TB I'm sure he can write off as "not legitimate". I'll give you a million dollars if you can locate bigfoot.
Million dollars?   Remember about that check your a$$ can't cash :)

Even if he writes use off as not valid, the dent on resources still happens and overall usage balloons.

I smell the end of the 100TB plans coming... Smell that blood in the air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner