amuck-landowner

24khost, where are you?

devonblzx

Verified Provider
The legally binding privacy policy between JJ and his customers that has now been contravened?

Why is your back up?

All I said was you need to get him to EXPLAIN TO HIS CUSTOMERS WHAT'S GOING ON. You've turned it into something much bigger than that. Jesus.
Martin,

I do not* know of the privacy policy between 24khost and their customers.  That is not my business or what I was referring to.

I fail to see where I expressed anger, all I did was say I didn't appreciate the comments and went on to discuss why I couldn't comment more on the situation.  I can assure you that the line of communication is not readily available and the only real conversation that has taken place was a couple days ago before we knew all of the details.   Since then we have only received minor information.

My position never changed on VPS or shared hosting, we are not taking on shared hosting customers, we only provided them an avenue to reach their data since the web server was in our possession.

I think you need to calm down and I fail to see why other VPS providers are weighing in on this when it should be a topic reserved for discussion of 24khost clients and people who need assistance.  Not people who have no ties to the situation and are not helping ease the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I was replying and mediating in my Admin hat - nothing to do with my business hat.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hehe, cool your jets :)

I'd appreciate a send off message from JJ...  even if it is just to reiterate the arrangement and situation.  Really enjoyed his marketing efforts even if the word guaranteed became his moniker/joke.

Vaguely reminds me of the VolumeDrive/Burst fiasco, although smaller and ideally less soiled.   Clearly, friendlier people involved and no wild Porsche chases.

I'll give RockMyWeb a fair chance/try.  Others should too.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I'm with Martin on this one.  Without proper clarification, there's way too much uncertainty and ambiguity.  Why hasn't there been any more official information publicly released from 24k?

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I'm with Martin on this one. Without proper clarification, there's way too much uncertainty and ambiguity. Why hasn't there been any more official information publicly released from 24k?

Because 'JJ' doesn't give a f@ck about his former customers since he puts all his time on what happened, whatever that is.

People prioritize differently and here is a text book example on someone who puts their business aside when something else happens.

This has been, since site was taken down (not sure how long ago that was) an accident waiting to happen. Why people/customers have accepted this situation is beyond me.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
This has been, since site was taken down (not sure how long ago that was) an accident waiting to happen. Why people/customers have accepted this situation is beyond me.
24k's own website has been down/empty-like page there since some hack many months ago.  Just a background + logo.

It was odd the site hung out as that.  Pretty much was the first domino to fall and indicate problems at 24khost.

scv

Massive Nerd
Verified Provider
Even if the guy's having problems it'd only take him 15 minutes to give his clients a nice explanation of the situation. Really goes to show you how much concern he shows to the customers...

WSWD

Verified Provider
Vaguely reminds me of the VolumeDrive/Burst fiasco,
This was EXACTLY my concern, and why I posted in the first place.  I don't think anyone is being as straight-forward as they say they are.  We know 24khost was simply a reseller with them.  That's pretty much a given, contrary to what Devon might say.  My theory is just like the Burst/VD viasco, though perhaps with some backroom dealings with JJ, perhaps not. 

concerto49

Verified Provider
Well, 24khost has always said he was just the sales guy. I do think there should have been a written statement provided for privacy reasons in the TOS from 24khost to allow rockmyweb to officially take over.

I understand JJ has family problems, but even if calling on a friend or family member to help post some notices would have been great.

modmanmatt

well now i cant access rockmyweb servers or cpanels now there down wtf? this is not going well towards keeping me a customer WTF

devonblzx

Verified Provider
well now i cant access rockmyweb servers or cpanels now there down wtf? this is not going well towards keeping me a customer WTF
Matt,

Our network and servers are online, we have monitoring enabled on all and nothing is showing down.  I'm assuming it is an issue on your end, please send a traceroute.

modmanmatt

what could be issue on my end yesterday the address u posted worked today its not and all sites are not showing up i did redirect to the new nameservers like u suggested maybe that is part of the issue? but hen why cant i access your cpanels

https://ns5.rockmyweb.net:2083/
this address gives me a timeout or red error box

Hmmm i tried from my cell and it worked must be becuase i am using apartment wifi right now... sorry but i do think i still have issue with nameservers not pointing correctly

DeanClinton

The thing that amazes me is I still have had no communication from JJ about what's happening with my reseller account; I prepaid a year and I have no idea what's going on.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
May I recommend a few things Devon/Rockmyweb:

1. Get some notice on 24k's website for customers.

2. Do not disable 24k's exist customers.  I know one  that just service down as of today/this morning.  They didn't receive any introduction email from RockMyWeb.

devonblzx

Verified Provider
I do not have access to their web site or I would have.  I have not heard from 24khost in several days.

I emailed all the customers that we had records of.  It is possible that my email did not get through, but unfortunately I have no other way of notifying them except for the email addresses we received.  I do not have access to their domain so I cannot post a message there.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Sorry @devonblzx.  

For impacted customers that might be offline, you are preserving data and working to get them back up right?

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Do you have information on which clients are not back up?  Feel free to email me or have them email me. 

Unfortunately this whole process has been a bit disjointed between us and them.   At the time of us first discussing, we had no idea of the sense of urgency and the fact that clients were unaware of IP changes and left offline.  Therefore I did not get any time to prepare for the transition.

As we dig more into it, I am seeing a lot of unrealistic packages that most likely lead to losses sustained by the business.  Unfortunately, we will be having to dig deeper and inform clients that we may not be able to keep them on their package.  I was hoping not to have to do that, but some packages are not sustainable for us.

I will be informing clients more as time goes on, but unfortunately, I did not and still do not have all the information regarding this.   I did my best to get clients back up as quickly as possible when I found they were offline when concerto private messaged me.

amuck-landowner