amuck-landowner

A sad state for VPS offers

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Anyone else noticing how many people are now pushing the fact that an offer isn't based out of a CC location?

Reason I bring this up is that I saw BlueVM's newest offer and saw the 'NON-CC' tag.

Francisco

SeriesN

Verified Provider
When CC provider posts "NOT CC" offer, it makes me feel like they are ashamed of their Dc/provider. 

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I bet Jon will wanna have a little talk with the guy from BlueVM.

"Y u say no CC? :("

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
No kidding! Switzerland.  Time for a European summer vacation.

I'll take the credit for this disclaimer, along with uncle drunky.

Yeah, BlueVM got reprimanded once or twice about masking their locations on offers.  They weren't being dishonest.  Just flip flopped some about what the facility was and mostly left then Colocrossing out of their ad descriptions.

I think it's great they note this non-CC location since they are nearly, if not entirely CC based in the US.  Otherwise, the curious would wrongly believe CC had ventured into merry old Europa.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
BlueVM was already pushing out enough ColoCrossing offers.
Problem isn't that.  All their offers are CC based, right?   Some service maybe in Kansas City...  That would be the exception I think in their locations... and this, Switzerland.

People having issues selling out of CC locations.  I won't entirely comment on that.  But I do know of multiple smaller VPS companies that have all but given up on Buffalo.  That location is particularly sparse with sales for more than a few companies.

BlueVM

Verified Provider
We aren't having any issues selling out of CC locations, but buffalooed likes us to point out that it is/is not colo crossing (so we do it right out in the open). If you think we're having a hard time making sales you're sadly mistaken. Frankly Francisco ever since we announced Feathur you've been on the defensive and looking for things to point us out on. I'm sure sales will pick up for you soon enough though...

I don't like drama, but come on this is asking for a fight.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
We aren't having any issues selling out of CC locations, but buffalooed likes us to point out that it is/is not colo crossing (so we do it right out in the open). If you think we're having a hard time making sales you're sadly mistaken. Frankly Francisco ever since we announced Feathur you've been on the defensive and looking for things to point us out on. I'm sure sales will pick up for you soon enough though...

I don't like drama, but come on this is asking for a fight.
I'm not looking at a fight, you're not the first I've seen with the 'NO CC' comment. In fact Tim made a joke about it on LET :p

I just think it's interesting that it's looking to become a norm now.

Francisco

BlueVM

Verified Provider
Then just let it be, you don't have to put it on display like it's something we're ashamed of. Frankly if our servers are online, work well and meet our customer's needs that's all that should matter. I only put that on the post because buffalooed and several others have a habit of poking out threads that don't have it in it... get off your high horse (yes its a horse) and stop trying to run the show.

</rant>

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Then just let it be, you don't have to put it on display like it's something we're ashamed of. Frankly if our servers are online, work well and meet our customer's needs that's all that should matter. I only put that on the post because buffalooed and several others have a habit of poking out threads that don't have it in it... get off your high horse (yes its a horse) and stop trying to run the show.

</rant>
I didn't say you were ashamed, someone else did. I bring it up because market changes interest me and many others around here. If you don't like it don't put it up (which would make you ashamed).

If anything, be happy you get some extra light on your (I think?) newest location :)

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'm not looking at a fight, you're not the first I've seen with the 'NO CC' comment. In fact Tim made a joke about it on LET :p
Damn LET and drama.   I am fine with everyone here and even if you offer everything off of CC's network.  Really.

I don't think BlueVM is the first to disclaimer the location not being CC.  We all know CC/CVPS has been tip toeing around a Europe location :)

Timmeh better be nice.

amuck-landowner