amuck-landowner

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Lots of results in the Google machinery for Namecheap and variations of this general topic:
There's lots of results in Google for all major registrars and domain hijacking.  GoDaddy was in the news earlier this year after hijackers used social engineering on GoDaddy's support to hijack a domain that was the contact email for a valuable Twitter account. Going back a few years, does anyone remember when ICANN and IANA had their domain names hijacked (their registrar was Registrar.com) or Comcast had its comcast.net domain and 200 other Comcast owned domains hijacked (its registrar was Network Solutions).

sv01

Slow but sure
Another offer from bluevm 2 days ago

1st

Hello,

For the month of September we're featuring some amazing deals on our BLUE2 plans. On top of our amazing offer we're going to offer our existing clients a special coupon to go along with it!

BLUE2 Plan Features:
512 MB of Guaranteed RAM
512 MB of Swap
2 CPU @ 2.0+ Ghz
1 IPv4 Address
25 GB of Disk
1 TB of Bandwidth
Click Here To Order

Quarterly Price: $6.99
Semiannual Price: $13.99
Annual Price: $19.95

Special coupon code: SeptemberBLUE2
2nd

We're really excited to share an excellent deal on our BLUE2 VPS. You can feel special because you're hearing about it first in this email! For the month of September we're featuring some amazing deals on our BLUE2 plans; on top of our already great offer we're going to turn it up a notch for our existing clients with a special coupon to go along with it! Keep reading...

BLUE2 Plan Features:
512 MB of Guaranteed RAM
512 MB of Swap
2 CPU @ 2.0+ Ghz
1 IPv4 Address
25 GB of Disk
1 TB of Bandwidth
Order at: https://www.bluevm.com/cart.php?gid=42

Normal Price:
Quarterly Price: $6.99 $5.24
Semiannual Price: $13.99 $10.49
Annual Price: $19.95 $14.96

For 25% OFF USE COUPON CODE: SeptemberBLUE2

The coupon code can be used for 25% off one time for any length of time listed above. That means you can get a BLUE2 for $14.96 for the first year! Now that is a smoking hot deal.

As always let us know if we can provide any custom packages, we're always happy to work with our customers to fit your specific needs.
where's our explanation :D

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Another offer from bluevm 2 days ago

1st

Hello,

For the month of September we're featuring some amazing deals on our BLUE2 plans. On top of our amazing offer we're going to offer our existing clients a special coupon to go along with it!

BLUE2 Plan Features:
512 MB of Guaranteed RAM
512 MB of Swap
2 CPU @ 2.0+ Ghz
1 IPv4 Address
25 GB of Disk
1 TB of Bandwidth
Click Here To Order

Quarterly Price: $6.99
Semiannual Price: $13.99
Annual Price: $19.95

Special coupon code: SeptemberBLUE2
2nd

We're really excited to share an excellent deal on our BLUE2 VPS. You can feel special because you're hearing about it first in this email! For the month of September we're featuring some amazing deals on our BLUE2 plans; on top of our already great offer we're going to turn it up a notch for our existing clients with a special coupon to go along with it! Keep reading...

BLUE2 Plan Features:
512 MB of Guaranteed RAM
512 MB of Swap
2 CPU @ 2.0+ Ghz
1 IPv4 Address
25 GB of Disk
1 TB of Bandwidth
Order at: https://www.bluevm.com/cart.php?gid=42

Normal Price:
Quarterly Price: $6.99 $5.24
Semiannual Price: $13.99 $10.49
Annual Price: $19.95 $14.96

For 25% OFF USE COUPON CODE: SeptemberBLUE2

The coupon code can be used for 25% off one time for any length of time listed above. That means you can get a BLUE2 for $14.96 for the first year! Now that is a smoking hot deal.

As always let us know if we can provide any custom packages, we're always happy to work with our customers to fit your specific needs.
where's our explanation :D
Another weekend and another batch of former customer AD SPAM from Fabozzi, Biloh and their cohorts.

If they'd spend 10% of their time serving customers and treating people right they wouldn't be going back to the tainted well like this, all the time.

BlueVM

Verified Provider
@drmike - I don't say anything here because frankly everyone here has already made a judgement and there's little point in attempting to reason with you. Every time I come on this forum it's another thread about how we've been "taken over" and it gets very tiresome dealing with your continued irritation. For the record the wonderful folks at namecheap allowed someone to walk right past our second level authentication and hijack the domain. Of course this information won't satisfy you so please feel free to spread as many rumors as you like because frankly I'm sure you will.

Also for the record we've been working on our reply times and have managed to get our average week-over-week reply times to just under 4 hours per ticket. It's not perfect, but we are trying, then again you couldn't possibly know what trying means... you're very quick to pass judgment.

I don't enjoy sounding condescending, but at this point it's all I've got left.

-- All the love in the world Justin Johnston

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hey glad to see you are still with us Mr. Johnston.  I give you credit for sticking to the story.  

NameCheap hasn't given you special treatment on this matter?  Cause me I consider NameCheap to be a total piece of trash registrar and everyone should drop NameCheap if what happened was some casual exploit like that.

If this isn't what happened I'd expect NameCheap to be threatening to gag you with a Cease and Desist to protect their alleged good name.

You email your customers and the other common oh crap we were exploited checklist things?

As for the business time of BlueVM support, 4 hours, not bad.   Better than what we were seeing not too long ago.  Keep it going, headed in right direction.

BlueVM

Verified Provider
Hey glad to see you are still with us Mr. Johnston.  I give you credit for sticking to the story.  

NameCheap hasn't given you special treatment on this matter?  Cause me I consider NameCheap to be a total piece of trash registrar and everyone should drop NameCheap if what happened was some casual exploit like that.

If this isn't what happened I'd expect NameCheap to be threatening to gag you with a Cease and Desist to protect their alleged good name.

You email your customers and the other common oh crap we were exploited checklist things?

As for the business time of BlueVM support, 4 hours, not bad.   Better than what we were seeing not too long ago.  Keep it going, headed in right direction.
They have given us special treatment, but we will be migrating all of our domains to another company shortly. We took precautions to include disabling key servers and resetting every password that could have been associated with a @bluevm.com email. We checked our logs, but found no breach of our servers and felt no need to reset all client passwords as part of the security steps. We did change our our keys as a precaution and we did respond to any clients who asked us about the issue. 

That said in all honesty from your perspective what difference does our support times make to you anyway? If you truly feel we've been taken over by the Fabozzi crowd shouldn't you be cheering for our demise and submitting 10,000 blank/pointless tickets a day to our queue?

Regardless of all of this I do care about my customers (not on the level of "what can I get from client x"), but on a realistic level. I love hearing about interesting projects people build on our services and I'll go out of my way to help anyone who is willing to go "toe-to-toe" with me on a honest level about something that is wrong within our network. I released Feathur to the community because I care about the community and yet because part of my business relies on a company you don't respect you throw me under the bus time and time again. If you think Fabozzi would EVER release something for free you're sadly mistaken.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
They have given us special treatment, but we will be migrating all of our domains to another company shortly. We took precautions to include disabling key servers and resetting every password that could have been associated with a @BlueVM.com email. We checked our logs, but found no breach of our servers and felt no need to reset all client passwords as part of the security steps. We did change our our keys as a precaution and we did respond to any clients who asked us about the issue. 

That said in all honesty from your perspective what difference does our support times make to you anyway? If you truly feel we've been taken over by the Fabozzi crowd shouldn't you be cheering for our demise and submitting 10,000 blank/pointless tickets a day to our queue?
Kudos to you.  Cover your a$$ with customers and reporting agencies if you did all that. 

I don't mass contribute to companies demise by loading the deck unfairly, nor do I DDoS companies nor other kiddie things.

The whole Fabozzi thing... Sure that isn't the direction the domain jacking came from?

BlueVM

Verified Provider
Kudos to you.  Cover your a$$ with customers and reporting agencies if you did all that. 

I don't mass contribute to companies demise by loading the deck unfairly, nor do I DDoS companies nor other kiddie things.

The whole Fabozzi thing... Sure that isn't the direction the domain jacking came from?
I don't like to speculate. I'd like to think that people are honest no matter what...

zed

I'm still surprised you've made no public announcement about it. Google will be (is? haven't looked) full of "BlueVM hacked" type things with no official response from the company about it, doesn't that seem.. bad?

I saw an email from BlueVM just recently and opened it expecting to see post mortem and it was just another special.

Anyway, carry on sir, just one guy's opinion.

amuck-landowner