amuck-landowner

Burst.net Continues their Implosion!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Confirmed this with others, isn't just a fake email.   Burst.net, known for being cheap colo option, appears to be changing lots.  They are kicking colo clients out or you get moved to some random unnamed Tier 3 Data Center in North Carolina.

The also claim to be the only provider that doesn't require a 36 month contract (utter bullshit).

More downhill slide since they took that vulture venture money.   The volumeDrive issue, pulling out real quick from Dallas and now kicking colo customers from main owned facility in Pennsylvania.

Over the years the cost for electric has consistently gone up, as well as many other expenses surrounding the COLO business. We, up until now, have been absorbing the cost spikes. Also, BurstNET is one of the only providers that does not require a 36 month contract and does not charge the average $399.00 set up fees.

Effective with your next billing cycle, New BurstNET COLO pricing, which includes monthly power, will be as follows:

Full Rack $899/month
Half Rack $499/month
Quarter Rack $299/month
Single Server $99/month
Due to our prior and estimated growth, we are heavily investing in the business. Your COLO racks/Servers have been selected to be relocated. We are upgrading our COLO facility to the following:

Our Tier 3 Data Center in North Carolina
More Redundant Network with 3X the carriers currently provided
Double the bandwidth capacity
Type II audited facility
These changes will go into effect on your next billing cycle and your servers will be moved on Sunday March 30th 2014. You will receive another update with service downtime to accommodate the move. Assume your servers will be offline from 9PM ET Sunday March 30th until Monday March 31st 9AM ET

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Haha, oh man. Feel bad for the customers. This is only slightly comical due to their recent issues and accusations during the VolumeDrive fiasco.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Their homepage still is shilling Scranton, PA for colo.

Old      vs.   New      % Increase

$69.95 vs. $99    +  ~ 30%

$199.95 vs. $299 + ~ 33%

$549.95 vs. $899 + ~ 39%

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The big question is who is this Tier 3 Datacenter... who is Burst shacking up with now and what is the VC's push on this... Does the VC have some vested interest in the NC datacenter.

peterw

Doing business without business plan and profit calculation: Fail. Doing business without controlling of profit: Big Fail. Doing business with overreaction and pissing on customers: Epic Fail.

How much Amps do they give?
Colocation:

• Single: 1A 110V $ 99.95/mo
  • Quarter Rack: 5A 110V $ 299.95/mo
  • Half Rack: 10A 110V $ 499.95/mo
  • Full Rack: 20A 110V $ 899.95/mo

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Well, there's a new user that signed up likely throwing around some FUD.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=9052220&postcount=33

As of right now the post reads:

Just called their tech support after reading the email and they told me they are moving the whole facility in 12 hrs from Scranton to North Carolina. And they would not even keep the Scranton one so I'm not sure why the dedicated server people did not receive a notice.
To be honest, I wonder if they've been bought out by the people that own dacentec now.

Francisco

ocitysolutions

Verified Provider
To be honest, I wonder if they've been bought out by the people that own dacentec now.

Francisco
The same people that own ColoCrossing's Buffalo facility? If they are moving into that facility, Centrilogic sure seems to be getting a powerful grip on some of the big budget providers.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
The same people that own ColoCrossing's Buffalo facility? If they are moving into that facility, Centrilogic sure seems to be getting a powerful grip on some of the big budget providers.
Well....I don't know many NC DC's.

There's the one @mitgib uses, the dacentec one and...??

I'm probably wrong but it smells odd.

Francisco

rds100

Verified Provider
So do they own that DC in Scranton or not? It seems strange to kick people out of your own facility and send them to a third party one. With a price increase.

qps

Verified Provider
Well....I don't know many NC DC's.

There's the one @mitgib uses, the dacentec one and...??

I'm probably wrong but it smells odd.

Francisco
There are actually quite a few, but they don't really advertise to the LET/WHT world.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
So do they own that DC in Scranton or not? It seems strange to kick people out of your own facility and send them to a third party one. With a price increase.
It's possible that their name was on it but that the VC they got the funding started pulling strings.

They did change CEO's in the past few months and they've stepped back from WHT almost entirely.

They only had a single rep on WHT discussing the whole Dallas thing and the 'true' story never

really surfaced. There was discussion that it was billing related, I still got some bets on it

being related to the Zayo purchase. It's very much possible that the previous CEO sold off a major

part of the business? I didn't read up on if he was sticking with the business or not.

I'm wondering if the VD stuff hurt them far more than they let on in the discussion. It's possible that

VD had agreed to buy quite a bit of the facility, but with them doing a runner Burst is stuck with

a contract they'll have to take up in court to get anywhere.

I dunno, best of luck to them. While the previous owner was a dick if you bashed on Burst,

he was always polite when I talked to him in PM a few times.

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
There are actually quite a few, but they don't really advertise to the LET/WHT world.
Well, for the time being Burst is a budget provider so any high end facilities in that

area are likely off the menu.

Francisco

qps

Verified Provider
It appears that their new CEO owns a winery in North Carolina.  I wonder if that's why he wants to move the data center?

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner