amuck-landowner

BuyVM announces Europe, Anycast IP's, Floating IP's, & Bandwidth pooling!

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
It's monday now!... :D
Haha :)

I've been getting the node side changes in place. I tripped up while doing some of the bridges causing a couple minutes of network downtime on some nodes but for the most part we're almost all done on that front.

Aldryic will commit the nodeside code itself in the morning and I'll start merging things to Stallion soon after.

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I should add, pooling is still about a week out, probably less.

With that being said, we're going to have BW tracking disabled on anycast IP's for the time being.

This doesn't mean you can rip gbit/sec on it and not worry, we're still going to keep a close eye on usage :p

I just need to do some final performance audits for the bandwidth accounting. Our current setup isn't bad but I think we could do it a lot better & faster.

Francisco

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I should add, pooling is still about a week out, probably less.

With that being said, we're going to have BW tracking disabled on anycast IP's for the time being.

This doesn't mean you can rip gbit/sec on it and not worry, we're still going to keep a close eye on usage :p

I just need to do some final performance audits for the bandwidth accounting. Our current setup isn't bad but I think we could do it a lot better & faster.

Francisco
NcZYVOd.gif

In a totally manly and straight way.  

adamBB

So its monday woooo.

I feel silly asking, how do I order the anycast IP, I got VPS in all locations ready to rock :D

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
It'll be an option in stallion once it's all committed :)

I'm just doing up some loose ends in the code.

Francisco

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Ok so this may be out of the blue and may or may not be difficult to implement, but will the ability to setup network firewalls for our IPs be possible?  I mean with Anycast yeah It probably throws another wrench into an already complex system, but I figure it'd be worth asking about.

Anyways, excited!!!

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
You'll have to do your own firewalls for now.

Over time we'll likely get a managed firewall option in place globally.

Francisco

amuck-landowner