amuck-landowner

BuyVM announces Europe, Anycast IP's, Floating IP's, & Bandwidth pooling!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Luxembourg stock is open :D

Enjoy everyone!

Francisco
Should make a new sales/offer thread for this specifically as most probably aren't following this thread for each new update. I just happened to check to see what was new after not looking for a long while. :p

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Any eta on the anycast?  :D
Fingers crossed, next week. I've been making good progress on the code, just having to be careful of feature creep.

I finished the auto assignment code this morning and now just have to place the button properly instead of randomly like it is now. Some extra validation is needed on 2 sections but that's already documented. I'll be spinning up a development node tonight and having the beta testers start breaking things.

Francisco

noen

Damn, just had to get me one of those 128MB in LU aswell..

Any ETA on offloaded SQL? Didnt see as a addon..

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
I always find it reassuring when I log into a container for the first time and can tell off the bat that a certain level of care has been taken on the node level. Kernel modules, boom.  Proper elimination of unnecessary UBC parameters? Check.  Adjustments to prevent accidental overcommit?  Taken.  Good show. 

The only thing that threw me off was the kernel. I've thought about running Wheezy on a node but I still need to learn more about what to expect from it yet.  I'm assuming this is a custom kernel since the debs on OpenVZ's site are 2.6.32.

lux.png

I don't go by benchmarks for quality. as much as I do the overall functionality. So far it's been nice and smooth. Perfect for my next round of testing. :)

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
Remember OVZ has kernel forging ;)

We forge most templates up to 3.x just to stop issues with glibc and such.

Francisco
Oh that's right!  I haven't gotten into that at all, but that makes total sense.

I should have picked up on that. So what happens if someone needs a specific template?  Do you build them up as they're requested?   Impressive for sure.  :)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Oh that's right!  I haven't gotten into that at all, but that makes total sense.

I should have picked up on that. So what happens if someone needs a specific template?  Do you build them up as they're requested?   Impressive for sure.  :)
We've built templates before, yep :) I was originally trying to find a way to allow users to upload their own templates but becomes a big security issue. I could probably wrap it in a chroot but still.

Francisco

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Well, I got a server in all three locations now. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread for anycast. Hey, just curious: any progress on the new website design? You really need to get the word out about the new location+anycast awesomeness (as well as BuyShared) and the new site would be the perfect opportunity to do that.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Not enough devs on staff to get it all put together :)

We're actually in the midst of hiring 2 more techs to handle tickets and management, allowing Aldryic & I to get more development hours under our belts.

Francisco

OpticServers

Verified Provider
Glad you guys are growing, i remember maybe a couple of years ago... when i first ordered a BuyVM VPS and i believe that was the first VPS i bought that offered DDoS Mitigation  :lol:

amuck-landowner