amuck-landowner

BuyVM.NET / BuyShared.NET - Shared - $5/year | Resellers - $2.00/month! Dedicated IPv4! SSD RAID!

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
yea i like how securedragon,ramnode and everyone copied your ssd caching,filtered ips and everything.shame on them.
No on the SSD caching, yes on the filtered IPs. That's what happens when your customers repeatedly demand something. Fran and I talked about the filtered IPs way back. I think it would be shameful if we copied Stallion, not just offering the same products. Either way, I'm not going to derail this thread with an argument over it.  I've always had high respect for BuyVM.

RosenHost

yea i like how securedragon,ramnode and everyone copied your ssd caching,filtered ips and everything.shame on them.

That is how industries and industrial branches evolve. When a new innovation or technology is offered by a population member, competing or mutually indedendent other population members will implement the new innovation. Because it might as well be the industry standart or lead to another innovations in the future. I am not even talking about the demand here.

I do not believe this is copying based on community ecology or community interdependence topics.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
That is how industries and industrial branches evolve. When a new innovation or technology is offered by a population member, competing or mutually indedendent other population members will implement the new innovation. Because it might as well be the industry standart or lead to another innovations in the future. I am not even talking about the demand here.

I do not believe this is copying based on community ecology or community interdependence topics.
Some people on IRC put together a list of all the features we've rolled out that have been straight copied (be it well or extremely poorly isn't important). It was hilarious to see some of the features copied that they weren't able to physically integrate properly but still tried to rig it together.

Fact of the matter is there isn't a hell of a lot of innovation right now in the VPS market. SolusVM is only now getting IPV6 subnetting working, something we had nearly a year ago and @KuJoe has had for 6 - 8 months.

I got 2 fairly big features in development right now that I'm excited about and I hope everyone else will like

them. For now i'm not disclosing publicly what those features are but i'm confident in saying we'll be the first

in this price bracket with both.

Either way, this crap doesn't matter to shared at all.

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
if its so good , why is so cheap in term of price?
We've always been pretty competitive in our pricing once you take features into consideration.

We charged what we felt was a fair price and met our goals :)

Francisco

Hxxx

How do you compare in terms of customer support and quality of service versus players like Stablehost, Hawkhost, etc? Is a fair question since the prices are too low.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
How do you compare in terms of customer support and quality of service versus players like Stablehost, Hawkhost, etc? Is a fair question since the prices is too low.
I'm pretty sure we're just as good as either of those.

We have a long history with our VPS brand BuyVM, so users should be pretty confident in how we handle things. You can find reviews on a lot of sites that discuss our support staffs knowledge and willing to assist in tickets.

Francisco

Hxxx

I had a vps with your company. Certainly the service was great and the support too. But you know this a different category, different issues, lots of more tickets.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I had a vps with your company. Certainly the service was great and the support too. But you know this a different category, different issues, lots of more tickets.
Fair enough :)

I'm sure many users tracking this thread can attest to how the service has been.

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Still filling the first dedi or you already expanded to more dedis?
The first is still going strong.

It's a very large node and a very large SSD RAID10 so it has a lot of room.

Shared is a tough market because everyone and their dog is trying to take part in it.

For now BuyShared doesn't even have a site (it's done just getting integrated), once we do,

we'll start doing advertisement pushes.

Francisco

ndha

If i take buyshared plan,,and put 2 website on that, can i buy 1 additional IPv4 for only 1 website??

so 1 web using shared plan IP and others using dedicated additional IP..

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
If i take buyshared plan,,and put 2 website on that, can i buy 1 additional IPv4 for only 1 website??

so 1 web using shared plan IP and others using dedicated additional IP..
Go for it :)

Dedicated IP's are $1/month each.

Francisco

Josiah

Well now I know why they don't show us site load times.  The DNS is messed up causing huge wait times.  Customer service blames the customer.  Saying DNS checkers don't matter, site loaders don't matter, and tries to tell me I'm not personally having a problem.  The is just a install of Genesis Framework at the moment.  A super clean Wordpress framework that loads instantly everywhere else.  My wait times to first load have been up to 2 seconds.  All DNS checkers show an error.  My latest message from Frantech is they have had a lot of load problems with Wordpress, but they have no intention of fixing the problem.  They just give you the run around.  They blame your site, they blame using Wordpress, they blame the DNS checkers, and they blame speed tests.  

Note the latest update just says they are have experienced slow load times with Wordpress with no mention of working on it.

kMLF3kB.png

hd3ziFW.png

JK9E63s.png

kNibXst.png

0zZyfwH.png

vPtfuCw.png

ODidi9G.png

ND7qARg.png

gnW4x2N.png

To top it off.  The frantech.ca customer support keeps crashing.  I'm having the same issues with them.  I have had to write my responses multiple times, and I keep getting a "no data received error" when trying to submit.

19J34jj.png

As of now.  It looks like even Hostlatte.com is better.  All I was asking is they fix their DNS so I don't have insanely long DNS lookups for every item hosted with them.  Apparently that is asking to much.

Josiah

how much you paid?
I'm on the middle tier reseller plan.  Needless to say I won't do anything with it until this is fixed.  I either paid a 6 months or a year upfront like I normally do.

Reseller 50G

- Dedicated IPv4 Address

- 50G Dedicated SSD Space

- 3000GB Monthly Bandwidth

- Unlimited Sub-accounts

$4.00/month - Las Vegas

amuck-landowner