amuck-landowner

BuyVM.NET / BuyShared.NET - Shared - $5/year | Resellers - $2.00/month! Dedicated IPv4! SSD RAID!

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
@Josiah;

Well, you're leaving off the part where we've been trying for several days to get more information from you so that we can debug *exactly* what's happening, and all we've gotten in return are "fix it" replies.  In the interest of disclosure, and to show that we have actually been working with you to try and get this resolved, would you be amicable to me posting the dialogues from the tickets you submitted (with any personal information redacted, of course)?

Since you've already publicly posted your domain, I'll go ahead and remind you of this link we provided: http://gtmetrix.com/reports/schnauzerdesign.com/enMJcG9C

The inherent issue with "website speed testers" is that they all give different results and suggestions.  Case in point, the Pingdom test you provided and the GTMetrix I ran aren't exactly agreeing on the quality of the result.  It's worth remembering that you're running what looks to be a vanilla Wordpress - and just like say, Apache for example, if you want the best results you have to take the time to change the default settings to fit your particular setup.

I explained this in my latest ticket reply to you, and also made suggestions on what can be changed to improve things.  I once again ask that you make the requested changes so that we can see if results improve - and if not, we can move on to debugging and correcting the next item in line.

I understand your frustration, but we really do need you to work with us to try and get things squared away.  There isn't a magic administrative wand I can wave to fix all possible issues - and when you start adding engines such as Wordpress on top of an already complex cPanel setup, identifying a problem isn't as easy as "It must be your node, fix it".

Hxxx

So for 4 dollars you are making a big issue?

This has to be the most economic reseller account. Do you know how much cost a reseller account from a reputable good company? Is over 30 a month.

I'm surprised they are giving you support for 4 dollars. ...

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
So for 4 dollars you are making a big issue?

This has to be the most economic reseller account. Do you know how much cost a reseller account from a reputable good company? Is over 30 a month.

I'm surprised they are giving you support for 4 dollars. ...
Eh, the price is irrelevant.  No matter what he's paying us, he should be able to expect quality service and support.  We're not a "budget" host - we simply happen to have pricing near that demographic because that's what we feel is a fair price to pay.

The client that pays a few bucks a month for a service gets the same attention and dedication from me and the rest of the support team as the clients that pay in several grand a month.  He has a legitimate problem, and we will fix it - but we can't do so unless he works with us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hxxx

Exactly my point.
He is paying a low amount, yet received great support.

Budget or not it doesnt matter, the price is super economic.

He can complain all he wants, but could have used that time to cooperate with your staff and solve the issue.

Good luck

Eh, the price is irrelevant.  No matter what he's paying us, he should be able to expect quality service and support.  We're not a "budget" host - we simply happen to have pricing near that demographic because that's what we feel is a fair price to pay.

The client that pays a few bucks a month for a service gets the same attention and dedication from me and the rest of the support team as the clients that pay in several grand a month.  He has a legitimate problem, and we will fix it - but we can't do so unless he works with us.

Josiah

Update:  Looks like the issue has been resolved.  Rest easy that they will take care of you, just be patient! 

Now onto the good stuff!  The results are in! I am now getting A-B first bytes ratings.  Anything better than D and I'm overjoyed!  Such an improvement!

ggtRHWH.png

hSqrtrX.png

jsIYXm3.png

In comparison I went from:

XcswbLl.png

to

Zefa54y.png

My hats off to BuyVM.Net!  

mikeyur

Verified Provider
@Josiah They're helpful if you're willing to help as well and not just shrug it off as their problem.

I pay BuyVM around $20/mo across the various services I have with them, and receive better support than providers I've paid $200/mo.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
@Josiah They're helpful if you're willing to help as well and not just shrug it off as their problem.

I pay BuyVM around $20/mo across the various services I have with them, and receive better support than providers I've paid $200/mo.
Well, to be fair, it wasn't his fault.  I should've explained our troubleshooting process better from the get-go.  The way I was investigating this issue did kinda look like we were trying to ignore the problem if you didn't know what I was looking for in particular.  But, all's well that ends well, and no hard feelings :p

David

I'm loving my reseller plan. I upgraded from the smallest to the largest one last week. Every ticket I've opened so far have been answered within the hour. I think I might be developing a **cough** crush **cough** on **cough** Aldryic.

Only Cpanel randomly stops responding sometimes..still figuring that one out. The hosted website itself stays up though so I'm not complaining.

Quickly coming up on 5 months of service. :)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I'm loving my reseller plan. I upgraded from the smallest to the largest one last week. Every ticket I've opened so far have been answered within the hour. I think I might be developing a **cough** crush **cough** on **cough** Aldryic.

Only Cpanel randomly stops responding sometimes..still figuring that one out. The hosted website itself stays up though so I'm not complaining.

Quickly coming up on 5 months of service. :)
i'm sure Ald's wife is going to be pisssssed :p

Fran

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Can you point me to an AUP or TOS? What is you stance on using a reseller account for free services?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Can you point me to an AUP or TOS? What is you stance on using a reseller account for free services?
Probably no by default but given who you are he may exempt/work something out.

The biggest concern would be spam.

Francisco

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Probably no by default but given who you are he may exempt/work something out.The biggest concern would be spam.Francisco
All outbound e-mail is filtered through a remote SMTP server that uses ASSP to drop outbound spam and viruses.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Well, official stance is that the reseller is responsible for the antics and trouble his clients get into.  I see no problems with you doing free hosting - you're always on top of things :p

KuJoe

Verified Provider
LoL, for some reason I was thinking about Interworx when I talked about the outbound SMTP filtering. I forgot cPanel doesn't let you set remote SMTP servers so I'll figure something out. Ordered anyways. :)

vanarp

@BuyVM

I wish you offer additional IPs for $5/yr (price equal to your least shared plan with dedicated IP) to the Reseller account holders. May be you can apply a cap of 4 or 5 IPs at that price.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
@BuyVM

I wish you offer additional IPs for $5/yr (price equal to your least shared plan with dedicated IP) to the Reseller account holders. May be you can apply a cap of 4 or 5 IPs at that price.
That plan is normally a special but you can talk to @Aldryic and he'll see what he can do :)

Francisco

k0nsl

Bad Goy
No network issues at all lately since router change (?) and general uptime of server appears to be:

72 days 23 hours
Current load average:

16.07 15.00 16.05
I'm still a happy camper. All works beautifully.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
No network issues at all lately since router change (?) and general uptime of server appears to be:

72 days 23 hoursCurrent load average:
Code:
16.07 15.00 16.05
I'm still a happy camper. All works beautifully.
I think i'm going to disable their use of cpulimit for RSYNC. It's good if you have it limited low but at 100% CPU all it's doing is spamming the CPU more.

Francisco

amuck-landowner