amuck-landowner

BuyVM(Review) awful experience

perennate

Verified Provider
So like, you were disappointed with the level of managed support (in general it's better to go with $XYZ/hour instead of bundled managed plans IMO; and also to separate your hosting provider and server management provider, so that you don't have to cancel hosting plans), requested a refund, and were refunded. The plan was $23/mo (edit: I'm sorry, $40/mo, same shit) so the level of support they provided seems reasonable, but I can see that you may have a different opinion. But given that you were refunded, I still don't get what the purpose of this topic is?

If you're saying you're posting this because the refund process was tedious, then I still don't get it, because it seems like the refund was straightforward once you communicated with the appropriate department (billing instead of support)?

Or if you're referring to the tone of their support more than the technical expertise / refund process, then I think that's personal choice. It sounds like they set up your stuff in a reasonable timeframe, given their price I think most people understand that it's a small company and response might not be professional all the time, especially when dealing with customer who has used up X hours of support time, has been a bit rude, and is being refunded.

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
If this is such a circlejerk for you then by all means you're more than welcome to leave and not respond to this post anymore.  

Each online community is different with different experiences.  Some people consider WHT to be a more "professional" place (since after all, they do also work with HostingCon and whatnot) and then you have LEB/LET now filled with non-native english speakers who get angry over their VPS getting suspended for abusing resources from hitleap.  

Most people here either have experienced terrible customers (even in situations of miscommunication still keeps their cool) or knows an unreasonable person when they see it.  They knock on people much harder when situations like that happens because honestly, it's one of the most incredibly frustrating things to deal with.  You claim "BuyVM lied" and that "everyone here is just circlejerking to please BuyVM", but honestly all I see is a small miscommunication happened, which in turn (due to conflicting information from both sides) grew, in the end you were pissed and requested a refund, and then you made this forum post (because again, you were pissed).  You're a prime example of a terrible customer.  The amount of mistrust and the entire structure of your "negative review" absolutely shows you're out for revenge rather than an honest legit review and this is something that everyone in this community can spot out from a mile away.  "Oh no they pissed me off.  But I got my money back.  I'm still going to try and stab them in the face".

Lets look at this from an economic/logical standpoint.  You moved your services/business to BuyVM.  Is it in their interest to try and piss you off and annoy you?  No.  Do you know why?  Because if you moved your business/services/projects to BuyVM, and your business is incredibly successful and continues to grow, then you'll obviously (more than likely anyways) purchase more service with BuyVM.  Which in this case would help them grow as well.  You make money/satisfied, they make money/are satisfied.  There's absolutely no reason for them to try and screw you out of anything.  You claim they lied, all I see is a miscommunication which occurred probably because someone (probably you because of your sentence structure and grammatical mistakes... either that or you're a little kid still going through school trying to defuse the situation by using emoticons) read some of their responses, misunderstood something, and expected something that they did not expect.  

Its tiring to see people simply jump to conclusion and not express their dissatisfaction before anyone could fix it.  Now I will admit I may be a hypocrite with that last sentence (some of my historical actions and whatnot), but seriously.  You're the asshole here.  And me for constantly responding to this thread.  

Hxxx

hehe lol, guys wait wait ... wait. Stop , these 2 pages long responses can't be read. You guys have a lot of free time. At least include a tl;dr on these long replies. You'll need Jesus. OP need to fuck off.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
hehe lol, guys wait wait ... wait. Stop , these 2 pages long responses can't be read. You guys have a lot of free time. At least include a tl;dr on these long replies. You'll need Jesus. OP need to fuck off.

tldr: I'm a crotchaty old grandpa that don't need no living assistant.   Oh and I'm calling people dicks.  Not like calling people's dicks but calling people a dick for being a dick.  

Hxxx

tldr: I'm a crotchaty old grandpa that don't need no living assistant.   Oh and I'm calling people dicks.  Not like calling people's dicks but calling people a dick for being a dick.  
That's just way better :)

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
tl;dr But I do have to say BuyVM is by far one of the best hosts i've ever used. 

openepo

I am a customer with BuyVM for over 5 years. I am not a heavy VPS user and there are only some personal hobby staffs running on their low end plans and I occasionally used them. So far, I am happy with their services. And I can tell you that everytime I need the VPS, it's online.

I also had some experiences with some other VPS vendors. In my opinion, BuyVM is the best among them.

graeme

I am sure there was another thread critical of BuyVM as I posted in it,  but I cannot find it and I am not confusing it with this one because I have not posted in this.

amuck-landowner