amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS / CVPS Hacked. New SolusVM exploit? (Content Restored) [PT. 1/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnsalem

After they got hacked in November they added backup nodes. Not sure how many or how often backups of VMs are made. Not sure if it's automatic or an additional feature customers have to activate themselves or what. If you're in Atlanta, and your vps data is gone, it's gone. Chris or Adam or someone said on LET all locations are backed up other than Atlanta. So who knows?
I remember asking about the backups when i signed up. i just fug the ticket up and that was their response then:

"Weekly backups are done on each node automatically so in the event of a node crash we can easily restore the data, however this is rare since we are RAID10 protected."

Last edited by a moderator:

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
Yes, but did CVPS verify the integrity of the backups when they were done? If not how do you know they arnt currupt?

ashworth

What i know for sure is that I'm moving out the moment its back up from the backup.
I haven't received any word from CVPS on whether or not "backups" are, in fact, available to use after what happened.

Do you know something I don't? Extremely anxious about that specific item. Emailed them this morning an hour ago, but no reply on that one just yet.

Mun

Never Forget
I haven't received any word from CVPS on whether or not "backups" are, in fact, available to use after what happened.

Do you know something I don't? Extremely anxious about that specific item. Emailed them this morning an hour ago, but no reply on that one just yet.
Just that this has happened before, and last time backups were pretty much non-existent.

Outline of there responses: http://www.lowendhelp.com/chicagovps-net-attacked-archive-of-emails/ for the last one and not the current attack.

Mun

mnsalem

Well, i'm also still waiting on my ticket for more than an hour as well ..

what i noted above in my previous reply was 3 months ago ... when i asked them "about the weekly backup system that is offered with the deal" (3GB RAM VPS Promo 3 months back)

Backups specifically this time mean alot to me, as the last backup was downloaded a month ago (i was travelling and i was stupid enough to forget to activate the cron to get the weekly backup i prepare).

Lanarchy

CVPS

CHI - up and accessible

ATL - 1 down, 1 up but not accessible via SSH or anything and replies to ping

NY - down

LA - down

cvps_customer

Another CVPS customer here, only communication i've received is the blanket email response to my ticket at 9 a.m. this morning saying a statement is coming. I have 2 hosts completely down, 1 in ATL and 1 in NY. 

I've been trying to track down the DB dump but havn't been able to find it yet, just wanted to see what info of mine is out there. 

mnsalem

I'm in hell. This sucks.
Same here mate ... Same here.

Another CVPS customer here, only communication i've received is the blanket email response to my ticket at 9 a.m. this morning saying a statement is coming. I have 2 hosts completely down, 1 in ATL and 1 in NY. 

I've been trying to track down the DB dump but havn't been able to find it yet, just wanted to see what info of mine is out there. 
From what i'm seeing ... EVERYONE's credentials and data associated to it was compromised! In additionh to the lost data from the servers that is ..

First name, Last name, Email, User ID, Hashed Password, if you have a VPS on CVPS, your data is in the list.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
I'm pretty sure that if the DB dump is out there, then all of your information is in it. Please make sure you don't slack and start changing passwords... Not sure if they'll do anything to your account or not as it seems that the people are just after SolusVM, but... don't take any chances...

ashworth

If you can PM me on the board with your email address, I'll confirm if you're on it. You probably are.

Found it on a mirror a second ago, but I won't post it here for fear of violating a board rules or something.

upsetcvps

CVPS

CHI - up and accessible

ATL - 1 down, 1 up but not accessible via SSH or anything and replies to ping

NY - down

LA - down
well I can't access my chicago vps in CHI...

Actually, never mind.  I am positive I ordered a CHI vps but geo ip points to NY.  HAHA, another job well done cvps!

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Each location has multiple nodes.. Some were affected while some others weren't...

Some peoples accounts might be online and some might not due to them being on different nodes.

Chris has said that they have backups though they might be a week old at the latest for everything but Atlanta. Chris, if you could confirm that here, that would be awesome and probably set some minds at ease...

Once again, if you have a ChicagoVPS account, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS IF YOU USE THE SAME ONE.

redjersey

Same here mate ... Same here.

From what i'm seeing ... EVERYONE's credentials and data associated to it was compromised! In additionh to the lost data from the servers that is ..

First name, Last name, Email, User ID, Hashed Password, if you have a VPS on CVPS, your data is in the list.
first whmcs and now chicagovps. I guess I will receive tons of spams from now on.

luckily my chicagovps is still online (NY/Buffalo) so not all servers are down

shovenose

Verified Provider
My ChicagoVPS VPS in Chicago is up, unaffected. No communications from them though.

ShoveHost SolusVM, well, I shut the entire server down after a mass email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner