amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS / CVPS Hacked. New SolusVM exploit? [PT 2/2]

maounique

Besides the suffering that caused to the people, i cannot wonder how was this possible.

I mean, people lose data a few months ago, now it happens again and they still dont have back-ups.

Not siding with CVPS, far from it, but it makes me wonder...

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
That isn't another SolusVM hack, it's an issue with the underlying communication methods.

Ace_Monkey

I've been asking for an answer as to whether or not my central backup was available since day one. I've asked atleast 5 times and opened two ticket because the first one was being ignored like the second one is now. Their reponses are either blanket responses or cut and paste responses telling me that have my request but would have to get back to me. WHEN?

At this point I do not care about a restore, I was just trying to avoid having to redo a bunch of work setting the box up. The data beyond that is very small and I have backed up. So, on Saturday I asked for a fresh install of the correct OS and haven't gotten anything back. 

I will be filing with the BBB and the Federal Trade Comission later today or early tomorrow. The BBB for the reasons someone else posted above (lack of service, albeit it being busy you could at least have said something and not kept stringing me and other on) and the Federal Trade Comission for the lost personal information. Chris made it seem like it was no big deal that it was just my name on the list. Yeah and my phone number and IP address as well.

I got what I paid for alright. But I didn't know that sh!t cost that much.

upsetcvps

Ace_Monkey, could you give some details on how others can file similar complaints and what is involved?

My vps is down again after being up for about a day.  No reply to tickets.

Tactical

Where is the beer!
I dont think there was any phone numbers in the database dump. I would like the FTC to follow up on that compliant just to see where it goes. 

srichter

Phone numbers aren't stored in SolusVM's database, that's for sure. Did your gmail use the same password as your VPS?
No, absolutely not. My account wasn't compromised it just appears someone was trying to phish my details. It could just be a coincidence I guess.

cvps_customer

Received a note that my data was restored from Central backup, however the new "virtual server controls" have disappeared and I cant get the VPS back online. Submitted another ticket to have my VPS powered on, fingers crossed. Getting closer!

zulualpha

Should I keep creating tickets?  Still down and no word.  When should I file a complaint with BBB?
I would close your other tickets and just create a new one if they've been open for more than 24 hours with no response. My new tickets have been responded to fairly quickly, so your older ones might simply be buried. 

upsetcvps

my old tickets got responded to.  They seem to be active in spurts... I'll get 3 really quick replies then I'll have to wait 8 hours for the next one...

amuck-landowner