amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS / CVPS Hacked. New SolusVM exploit? [PT 2/2]

shawn_ky

Well, I finally have a backup from the Central Repositroy... No idea the date, but it's better than nothing.  Dallas was a loss... Rebuilt twice, finally with correct image.  Backups have been taken, Tahoe-LAFS installed, OwnCloud Installed, regular backups via CRON as well to a local machine. This has taught me a lesson...

I also now have 7 VPS's around the country... Many thanks for the help from everyone! :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Quite the setup shawn_ky :)

Wondering how many folks still are in limbo with their CVPS accounts --- don't know if they have their data?  

Totally is being handled just like last time.   Wearing people down with time and dealing with one off issues.  The mass of clients, forgotten about, no credits, etc.

@shawn_ky,  send me private message and I'll look up your Central Repository backup and tell you the date it was ran :)

peterw

But for those who have been down for damn near a week, how do you compensate for that? I've never been with a provider who has had such an outage, but at the very least i'd be expecting some prolonged free service OR my money back with no hassle whatsoever if I were to request it.
I would not take any free services. Nobody needs additional services that do not work. Cheapest way for them would be to through out some free months.

zero

CVPS Damned A**h*l*s

Cant have a any backup.

They are living a Utopia !

I hire tomorrow advocate for create lawsuite case. There is enough for me.

zero

I write CPVS to following :

You or Your Firm I Dont Care;

1) You cannot make required security things

2) You dont have a any backup,

3) You cannot manage for disastery 

4) You cannot share any information to customers

5) You dont have human power for disastery scenerio

6) You make a fool to all customers

There is enough for me!

I officialy request your following information about make create a lawsuite.

1) Firm Owner Name

2) Firm location (street address, etc.)

3) VAT Number

Immediatly and start refund process ...

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Wont do you much good posting that here. They had their ban over at LET removed so they could post up there instead knowing full well they can moderate what is said about them. Not so easy over here :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
That CVPS ban on LET is just a big ole' mystery too.   Why would Colocrossing ban their own house company and otherwise one of their larger customers.  Why would Jon (CC) ban his bestie Chris?  

Well he wouldn't.  Chris said his ban on LET was self imposed and he asked to be banned.

@zero

:

1) Firm Owner Name

ChicagoVPS

Principal: Mr. Chris Fabozzi, Owner

9697 Garden WalkClarence CtrNY 14032

3) VAT Number

none.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
That CVPS ban on LET is just a big ole' mystery too.   Why would Colocrossing ban their own house company and otherwise one of their larger customers.  Why would Jon (CC) ban his bestie Chris?  

Well he wouldn't.  Chris said his ban on LET was self imposed and he asked to be banned.

@zero

:

1) Firm Owner Name

ChicagoVPS

Principal: Mr. Chris Fabozzi, Owner

9697 Garden WalkClarence CtrNY 14032

3) VAT Number

none.
He wasn't banned by any of the CC folk. It was either Infinity or Liam, one of the people who was tired of his shit. I forget which, but one told me it was them. (I get them confused sometimes)

9697 Garden Walk, Clarence Ctr, NY 14032 that isn't a real address. Look it up on a map, or a send a letter there and get it returned to you.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
9697 Garden Walk, Clarence Ctr, NY 14032 that isn't a real address. Look it up on a map, or a send a letter there and get it returned to you.
9697 Garden Walk IS a real address.

It's a brand new home built in the past year:  It's a model home:

Brownstone Homes – The Edgewater

•  

Model:  The Edgewater

9697 Garden Walk

Clarence Center, NY14032

Bedrooms:  3

Baths:   3

Square Footage:  2790

Property Class

311 RES VAC LAND

OwnerROCKWELL CONSTRUCTION INC D/B/A BROWNSTONE HOMESBook-Page/Date11230-3742 * 9/27/2012

*OwnerFABOZZI NICHOLAS A/JEAN ABook-Page/Date11236-9113 * 1/8/2013 *

srichter

9697 Garden Walk IS a real address.

It's a brand new home built in the past year:  It's a model home:

Brownstone Homes – The Edgewater

•  

Model:  The Edgewater

9697 Garden Walk

Clarence Center, NY14032

Bedrooms:  3

Baths:   3

Square Footage:  2790

Property Class 311 RES VAC LAND

OwnerROCKWELL CONSTRUCTION INC D/B/A BROWNSTONE HOMESBook-Page/Date11230-3742 * 9/27/2012

*OwnerFABOZZI NICHOLAS A/JEAN ABook-Page/Date11236-9113 * 1/8/2013 *

I wonder if the Fabozzi family oversells their homes like they do their servers?

"Oh you wanted to use the shower? Sorry, Manuel is showering right now and then Cindy is next, try again later."

Naruto

Chris is a good guy.

He'll overcome this and get everything going again.

Watch; you'll see.

Good luck Chris.  ^_^

Lanarchy

My 5 VPS are all restored and functioning with my data. I did use Central Backup on all my nodes, but I needed it only for my 2 ATL nodes.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
Good luck with the lawsuits. You'll probably spend MORE on legal costs than you could possibly win in a judgement.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
You'll probably spend MORE on legal costs than you could possibly win in a judgement.

All the the low end industry needs is a hungry lawyer ready to start filing suits.   I won't shed a tear when/if it happens, even if it is against another unsavory provider.

Last edited by a moderator:

WSWD

Verified Provider
Good luck with the lawsuits. You'll probably spend MORE on legal costs than you could possibly win in a judgement.
Legal costs?  It's all small claims.  There are no legal costs involved except the filing fees and subpoena fees, both of which you get back after you win the lawsuit. 

If there is so much fraud and false advertising and such that everybody is claiming, turn them in to the Attorney General.  They love dealing with cases like this.  Though they probably have bigger fish to fry, I'm sure there's some newbie attorney in the AG's office who needs to get his/her feet wet.

amuck-landowner