amuck-landowner

Colocrossing / ChicagoVPS / Lowendtalk / Lowendbox the dump

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I think what definately will happen out of all of this is many who offer services will realise how much they have come to depend on LET/LEB for custom.  Whether a little or a lot I suspect some providers will hurt more than CC or CVPS out of this.

In addition and you can cry foul all you like but if you want to be listed on LEB after all this mess I am sure they will take stock of who said what and where.

All I am saying is that if LET/LEB is of any value to you then be careful what you burn.  Like it or not they will survive, people will visit in vast numbers each month and business for them at least will return to normal.  

If you do rely on those sites for customers where you going to go now?

Just my 2c :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well if we look at the traffic graphs for LET since 2012, we see unexplained site traffic increase.

Such increase has not translated into new accounts or even posts.

I believe CC was using the money generated for fake traffic.

While there are buyers on LEB/LET,  the numbers aren't as high as what folks might expect.  It is just another place to advertise and that is it.  Part of a basket of places to be visible in.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
You may be right, but if people have mouths to feed and all that jazz.  Not making any excuses for CC or anyone else over there just trying to make sure people consider all options, not everyone is as business minded as some.

A lot of sales are made for providers whichever way you look at it and deciding never to go back might not be the best idea for some.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
On the topic of LET, I hear they're actually installing IPBoard now. Someone mentioned they refreshed and got an IPBoard error but it's still down for me...

So, Vanilla may be gone for them too.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Our entire network is based out of ColoCrossing, I find it truly saddening to see all of this -- Hopefully it all goes away soon and ColoCrossing can win back it's reputation. I still have much faith in them.

Jack

Our entire network is based out of ColoCrossing, I find it truly saddening to see all of this -- Hopefully it all goes away soon and ColoCrossing can win back it's reputation. I still have much faith in them.
GVH? Whats that.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I think a friend of mine told folks of the hazards for a long time on Lowend of dealing with Colocrossing.  Something was posted to one of your ads too.

Why, oh why do startup providers jump on Colocrossing's network?  Aside from a few providers like BuyVM that control their own IP space and manage their own gear what are companies like you thinking?

Wait. Cost?  Right?

Colocrossing's network isn't bad, but it's a running joke now with Cogent and years of IPV6 coming.  Don't believe they can do anything for you in case of DDoS attacks either.

amuck-landowner