amuck-landowner

ColoCrossing / VSNX Starts it's Hostile Takeover of the LOWEND VPS Market

tchen

There's a whole lot of bigger fish that are doing the verticals game (in hosting and out of it).  Dunno why it's such an issue - in each of those cases the market is far bigger than the toe-dip that the 'solutions' subsidiary can handle.  In almost all cases, they also don't undercut the existing market by any substantial margin.  

In fact, the economics of it deteriorates the profit margin of the parent company.  The main reason I come across points to it being instigated as a buffer to absorb excess supply in bad times.  In good times, the subsidiary operates more independently and supplies itself from elsewhere too.

Source: analysis of other markets, mainly the solar-wafer manufacturing.  I don't think the hosting industry is that unique.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Another one of these threads... Whelp.
Yeah, that's how I felt too originally, but it's a tame and valid observation so far. Feel free to report the thread if you feel it gets out of hand at any point, and it may see the same fate as other CC related threads. :)

Honestly I am not sure why people are even surprised. A company bought a marketplace forum and website. Of course they will use this to directly or indirectly promote their own businesses.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Oh, so HVH 'came out' hmm.. I miss all the fun stuff on the days I'm too busy to be surfin. ;-(

dano

CVPS and affiliates can attempt an LEB takeover, but I don't think I would be fooled, and have slowed down my VM purchases over the past year. To be honest, I have to check, re-check, and then sleep over buying a VPS now, as I am not sure if it's a real provider, or just another pump-n-dump provide that I will have to fight with later over a "failed to cancel" crap.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Can you explain your logic behing it being stolen?
It wasn't stolen. Somewhere in Australia there is a nice kite-surfing shop partially funded by money used to buy LET/LEB I suspect.

b96EWGt4dhqGry9.png

LET/LEB is simply a business acquisition and is ran like one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
GVH Colocation is coming!!!!! 100% resold packages from biloh from $29.95/month in BUF and nowhere else

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
GVH Colocation is coming!!!!! 100% resold packages from biloh from $29.95/month in BUF and nowhere else
It's possible they bought a rack, or part of a rack for super cheap. Just don't use too much bandwidth ;)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Can you explain your logic behing it being stolen?
@CVPS_Chris

So you want to go on about the LowEnd sites being stolen?   They were.  It doesn't matter if you and your butt buddy structured a monthly IOU using ad revenue from that site to pay for the site.  Unsure why RETARDS in this industry accept such "deals".    Is this the type of stupidity they taught you in that business school?   How to be slimy, fabricate stories, attempt to discredit people telling the truth and use your use power to control the distribution medium [LET/LEB] to paint sunny pictures of you and your suburban spoiled brat pack... Someone needs to rip the silver a$$ plugs right out of you folks.

If I were Chris Fabozzi, I'd be more concerned with running a legit business, treating my staff right, paying folks, etc.  I told you about this having no employees, all outsourcing, tax status abuse.   You calling the lies about Adam, protecting his privacy.  Tssk,  I think it looks poor to employ hackers, carders and MINORS, especially considering you are an adult.   Seems weird, and ahh yeah shady.    You always hang out with underage boys?

GVH-Jon

Banned
It's possible they bought a rack, or part of a rack for super cheap. Just don't use too much bandwidth ;)
+1 but feel free to use all the bandwidth that's allocated to you. Overages are at $0.05 per GB.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
^--- Damn, it's a school day, right?  What are you homeschooled?

amuck-landowner