amuck-landowner

ColoCrossing / VSNX Starts it's Hostile Takeover of the LOWEND VPS Market

GVH-Jon

Banned
^--- Damn, it's a school day, right?  What are you homeschooled?
My school provides every student with a Macbook Air to use in every class and my study hall period is around lunch. I'm online during spare time. Welcome to 2014. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

NodeWest-Dan

My school provides every student with a Macbook Air to use in every class and my study hall period is around lunch. I'm online during spare time. Welcome to 2014. :)
It's nice what they have now. The tech wasn't there back when I was in school. Pen and paper. That was all you had.

And a Nokia phone with a chrome faceplate and light up antenna.

Amitz

When I was in school, important information was sent via Telex and archived as ticker tape. *lol* Good old times... :)

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
And...again....

V-Enterprise

• SolusVM VPS Management Panel
  • 4 CPU Cores
  • 250GB SSD Accelerated RAID-10 Disk Space
  • 50,000GB Premium Bandwidth @ 1Gbps Port
  • 4048MB Guaranteed DDR3 RAM
  • 8192MB vSwap DDR3 RAM
  • 2 IPv4 Addresses
  • Price per Month: $15.00 - Now only $8.25 with discount!
  • Price per Year: $180.00 - Now only $63.00 with discount!
  • >> [Click here to order] <<

Virtovo

Verified Provider
And...again....

V-Enterprise

• SolusVM VPS Management Panel
  • 4 CPU Cores
  • 250GB SSD Accelerated RAID-10 Disk Space
  • 50,000GB Premium Bandwidth @ 1Gbps Port
  • 4048MB Guaranteed DDR3 RAM
  • 8192MB vSwap DDR3 RAM
  • 2 IPv4 Addresses
  • Price per Month: $15.00 - Now only $8.25 with discount!
  • Price per Year: $180.00 - Now only $63.00 with discount!
  • >> [Click here to order] <<
4048 again? 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Where did the resident high school tycoon make this new offer?

At least the money side isn't $5 like before.  $15 list price :(  and Chicago is $3 more...

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I just tuned back into this thread on my break. As Martin said, back on topic, please. :)

mpkossen

They're changing thread titles all over the place now, to make them more "politically correct", so to say. It's not just limited to ColoCrossing threads. That said, I'm absolutely not happy about this new moderation trend. What's wrong with a [solved] tag?
I've tried to do that on several occasions by asking people whether they were OK with doing this (I only started asking after the whole world blew apart over me screwing up one thread). They don't respond to these PMs, which is rather unfortunate. I'm going to keep trying this just for a bit, but if it doesn't work I'll just start doing it on my own. I agree, tags like '[RESOLVED]' like on the Ubuntu Forums are the best way to do this. The way we (and others, including Chief) changed titles in the past isn't. Unless, of course, it's requested by the OP.

Over the past two weeks or so, I believe thread title changes have been "logged" in the same thread. Sometimes with an explanation, sometimes not. If you have any threads which have had their title changed "unjustly" the past two weeks, let me know. I'll be glad to clear up those title changes.

@CVPS_Chris

So you want to go on about the LowEnd sites being stolen?   They were.  It doesn't matter if you and your butt buddy structured a monthly IOU using ad revenue from that site to pay for the site.  Unsure why RETARDS in this industry accept such "deals".    Is this the type of stupidity they taught you in that business school?   How to be slimy, fabricate stories, attempt to discredit people telling the truth and use your use power to control the distribution medium [LET/LEB] to paint sunny pictures of you and your suburban spoiled brat pack... Someone needs to rip the silver a$$ plugs right out of you folks.

If I were Chris Fabozzi, I'd be more concerned with running a legit business, treating my staff right, paying folks, etc.  I told you about this having no employees, all outsourcing, tax status abuse.   You calling the lies about Adam, protecting his privacy.  Tssk,  I think it looks poor to employ hackers, carders and MINORS, especially considering you are an adult.   Seems weird, and ahh yeah shady.    You always hang out with underage boys?
You didn't answer his question.

I don't know how everything went in detail, but I believe Scott gave the site to Chief, who turned it into something more profitable, and then sold it to CC. Maybe this was Chief's intention from the start, I don't know. However, I don't think anybody stole anything.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Funny, Fabozzi won't touch his entitlement behavior, hanging with minors committing felonies, disregarding privacy regulations, dabbling in tax fraud, etc.  But along comes Kossen.  I hope they are paying you well...

"I don't know how everything went in detail, but I believe Scott gave the site to Chief, who turned it into something more profitable, and then sold it to CC. Maybe this was Chief's intention from the start, I don't know. However, I don't think anybody stole anything."

Do the timeline and footwork...

Roughly January-February 2013 Scott handed the sites over to Chief to be operated as a community.  This included paid ahead hosting at Linode.  

Within a week or maybe 2 weeks the big DDoS-a-rama and magically the site was whisked away to ColoCrossing... where the DDoS stopped, even though CC doesn't have the capacity or competency to make such a "large" attack go away.   Cause if they did, they'd be offering such a long time ago.

Here's how the theft happened----  CC contacted Scott about acquiring the sites, prior to the handoff to Chief.   They were told unequivocally NO and go away.    So they backended the deal via Chief and although I can't prove it, dabbled in this monkey foolery of a staged DDoS to mask the take over and put the sites in their hands.

It's theft by deception.   They (Chief + CC) deceived Scott into thinking the sites were being handed off for continued community operation (i.e. NOT for profit whoring).

mpkossen

Funny, Fabozzi won't touch his entitlement behavior, hanging with minors committing felonies, disregarding privacy regulations, dabbling in tax fraud, etc.  But along comes Kossen.  I hope they are paying you well...

"I don't know how everything went in detail, but I believe Scott gave the site to Chief, who turned it into something more profitable, and then sold it to CC. Maybe this was Chief's intention from the start, I don't know. However, I don't think anybody stole anything."

Do the timeline and footwork...

Roughly January-February 2013 Scott handed the sites over to Chief to be operated as a community.  This included paid ahead hosting at Linode.  

Within a week or maybe 2 weeks the big DDoS-a-rama and magically the site was whisked away to ColoCrossing... where the DDoS stopped, even though CC doesn't have the capacity or competency to make such a "large" attack go away.   Cause if they did, they'd be offering such a long time ago.

Here's how the theft happened----  CC contacted Scott about acquiring the sites, prior to the handoff to Chief.   They were told unequivocally NO and go away.    So they backended the deal via Chief and although I can't prove it, dabbled in this monkey foolery of a staged DDoS to mask the take over and put the sites in their hands.

It's theft by deception.   They (Chief + CC) deceived Scott into thinking the sites were being handed off for continued community operation (i.e. NOT for profit whoring).
I admire your creativity. However:

• You are one year off: http://lowendbox.com/blog/exit0/ (January 2012)
  • ColoCrossing is assummed to have taken over in December 2012 (I don't know the details and I honestly never asked), as that's when "jbiloh" approved "SysAdmin"'s membership.
  • The DDoS attacked happened around April/May 2013 if my memory serves me right.
So, I highly doubt anything was stolen, honestly.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I admire your creativity. However:

• You are one year off: http://lowendbox.com/blog/exit0/ (January 2012)
  • ColoCrossing is assummed to have taken over in December 2012 (I don't know the details and I honestly never asked), as that's when "jbiloh" approved "SysAdmin"'s membership.
  • The DDoS attacked happened around April/May 2013 if my memory serves me right.
So, I highly doubt anything was stolen, honestly.
Actually I can tell you exactly what went on since I was involved in the initial hand over.

• Scott became generally sick of where the community was with things and had spoken to me at least once prior about handing the site over to someone who cared
  • In January colocrossing contacted him to buy the site but he was not interested
  • That same month he contacted me about finding someone who cared about the site. While my name was brought up multiple times and I was a good fit, we both wanted the site to be neutral (read: not owned by a hosting company).
  • At the time Joel & I were good friends and I felt that he gave enough of a crap about the place to treat it right
  • Joel was brought into the picture and having some back/forths it was agreed to hand him it
  • Within the first few weeks the site was slammed into the ground with a DDOS attack "forcing it to leave linode" and to colocrossing as they promised tons of ddos filtering (read: a lie because the site was and continues to be ddos'd since its non cloudflare IP is well known)
  • The original agreement was that Joel would sample CC for a few months before he started to pay for the server
  • Within those few months is when the site was bought as suddenly the "hosted wtih colocrossing" banner appeared on the site. This is when I figure the site was sold and Joel was put in his figurehead mode
There's multiple additional stories in play with some claiming that CC never paid Joel in full for the site and that Joel was ready to send a lawyer to their offices to pickup some late payments. Then there's the other side of the coin that claims that the amount due was actually a "performance bonus" and that he wasn't entitled to it because the place was being operated so poorly.
The only person that has had any contact with Joel that I know is fiberhub. Everyone else that used to talk to him all got cut off in January of last year.

Francisco

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
This is going off-topic again..in fact, it didn't get back on topic since my last post. Last request to do so please :)

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
This is going off-topic again..in fact, it didn't get back on topic since my last post. Last request to do so please :)

OK, back on topic, provider moves out of Phoenix, goes to Buffalo...the CC low end marketshare gain continues...

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
OK, back on topic, provider moves out of Phoenix, goes to Buffalo...the CC low end marketshare gain continues...
I'm surprised by his comments that he was having major issues with the provider. I've honestly never heard any complaints in regards to his setup there so I was a little confused when I saw he moved.

Francisco

concerto49

Verified Provider
I'm surprised by his comments that he was having major issues with the provider. I've honestly never heard any complaints in regards to his setup there so I was a little confused when I saw he moved.

Francisco
Major financial issues?

amuck-landowner