amuck-landowner

Do you use Bitcoin?

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Hey, 

I'm curious as to who all accepts Bitcoins as payments for hosting services?

I have a Bitpay account that I setup back in early 2014 but never used it. I finally finished the setup.

So, the question that remains is if you accept Bitcoin, what processor do you use? 

Thanks.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
We've been using Bitpay for quite some time, refunds are not automated and you need to email support but other then that it's been fine.

SGC-Hosting

Verified Provider
We use bitpay, coinbase, and coinpayments.net.  Coinbase was our first choice, but many users e-mailed about paying without coinbase (some thought they needed a coinbase account, others just don't like coinbase), so we added bitpay - which has had a significantly higher usage rate.  We added coinpayments.net for Dogecoin but we also enabled bitcoin, litecoin, and recently darkcoin.

We used to immediately convert bitcoin payments to USD, but around April (I don't recall exactly when off hand) we started to hold our coins and using them more for purchases that we actually need.

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
Hmm there is quite a few threads on Bitcoin here...

Been accepting bitcoins with BitPay for around a year. Originally 100% AUD, then 50/50 and using BTC to pay bills. Currently thinking of going to 25/75 for a bit due to the amount of BTC/month received being pretty high :)

No problems thus far, even given a refund using it. No chargebacks and almost zero fees make it a great payment method.

perennate

Verified Provider
We use Coinbase but I like Bitpay more. Coinbase's support is usually slow, and there were some issues which payment processor shouldn't have (like depending on options chosen and browser, there was and maybe still is bug with the Javascript-based payment page).

Last edited by a moderator:

AMDbuilder

Verified Provider
We just started accepting bitcoin via bitpay a few days ago.  It's hard to say anything for/against it as we haven't used it long enough.

24/7/365

Verified Provider
Hmm there is quite a few threads on Bitcoin here...

Been accepting bitcoins with BitPay for around a year. Originally 100% AUD, then 50/50 and using BTC to pay bills. Currently thinking of going to 25/75 for a bit due to the amount of BTC/month received being pretty high :)

No problems thus far, even given a refund using it. No chargebacks and almost zero fees make it a great payment method.

Do you accept anonymous customers?

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
@24/7/365

No one is truly anonymous. We take appropriate precautions for fraud. While there is less information available with BTC only transactions, we have enough information in our system to automatically detect alot of abuse.

As of yet, we haven't had any issues from BTC only customers. We have had issues with those who have paid via PP, although the volume is higher. If this changes I will probably have to take additional information from those without Paypal payments logged. Although how these details would be verified remains open to speculation (fake details etc).

24/7/365

Verified Provider
@24/7/365

No one is truly anonymous. We take appropriate precautions for fraud. While there is less information available with BTC only transactions, we have enough information in our system to automatically detect alot of abuse.

As of yet, we haven't had any issues from BTC only customers. We have had issues with those who have paid via PP, although the volume is higher. If this changes I will probably have to take additional information from those without Paypal payments logged. Although how these details would be verified remains open to speculation (fake details etc).
That's the primary reason why we didn't take Bitcoin payment. We were concerned that that demographic might be more inclined to cause mischief because ultimately there would be no further repercussion for them (other than what they've already paid in Bitcoin).

BTW, did you generate your avatar on some Shockwave Flash app thing? It looks like one I once generated for myself.

We use BitPay as well. Every transaction is immediately settled in dollars. I didn't think we'd get too many payments via Bitcoin, but over time it has begun to account for a surprisingly high percentage of our payments (~4%).

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Something interesting I saw on bitcoin talk.

3dMwCh3.png

UCy8TGS.png
The funniest part is that the pricing at the "new paradigm!!" peak was entirely due to Magic The Gathering Online Exchange both filling the order book with fake buy/sell orders that drove up the price, and the fact that they kept extended to 'wait queue' for withdrawals of USD for 2 weeks, then a month, then 2 months, etc.

24/7/365

Verified Provider
 We use BitPay as well. Every transaction is immediately settled in dollars. I didn't think we'd get too many payments via Bitcoin, but over time it has begun to account for a surprisingly high percentage of our payments (~4%).
Is that 4% of your orders or 4% by monetary value?

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
We have accepted Bitcoin for a while now via Bitpay, but it's never really caught on. Less than 1% of our customers utilize it.

amuck-landowner