amuck-landowner

Future VPS Company Dead Pool Wager Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Also Sonwebhost 2018 - Deadpools after Mark is sent to prison after kidnapping his postman because "God told him to". Miraculously stays solvent up until this event.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
I'll chime in along with the few others so far that providers contributing other provider names to this list are playing the dick move.  I don't care if everyone else hates those being named, whether you think "they deserve it", or whatever floats your boat - this crap doesn't promote a 'friendly board'.

You've still got a gripe?  Start up another thread in The Pub.  Name dropping in a dead-pool wager thread is the most passive aggressive wussy thing I've seen this year.
I don't agree, because having a "dead pool" goes back years on LET.  In my mind, LET created the low end community (and then proceeded to piss on it, but that's a different story and why we're all here instead) and so enjoying some of the earliest traditions strikes me as just fine.

With the exception of jerks/ripoffs, I hope every provider has a bright, successful future.

But some are clearly not going to.  I doubt GVH will see 2015.  I'm wondering about HVH.  I don't really care about either but I'm picky about hosts.

ServerCrate isn't one I'd bet on, either.  Not only does the owner seem to constantly attract heat (in the form of massive DDOS attacks) on the net, he also is a kid and who knows what he'll want to do with his life 3 years ago.  That's true of lots of people, but I suspect Francisco/Aldryic, KuJoe, mitgib, etc. will still be in the hosting game 3 years from now.

Grepped my mail archives the other day and stumbled on an (arctic?) blast from the past: HostPolar.  Checked and they're still around, but that template hasn't changed in years.  Who knows how much business they do.  They were bought a couple years ago.  I had a VPS with them and it was nice, but the owner was running everything himself, taking tickets at 3am, etc., then got burned out and sold it.

I'm still amazed DirectSpace is still in business.  But I've said that for a long time.  I find it weird that I've never run into any of their people (the Portland IT community is sizeable but not huge)...then again, maybe they're physically located elsewhere and only use PDX for a datacenter.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I'm still amazed DirectSpace is still in business.  But I've said that for a long time.  I find it weird that I've never run into any of their people (the Portland IT community is sizeable but not huge)...then again, maybe they're physically located elsewhere and only use PDX for a datacenter.
DSN doesn't really have people, per se.  There's Ed, who pretty much runs everything;  and John, whose pocketbook floats the operation (seems to be a recurring trend there...).  Not sure if Ed outsources, or just forces folks to wait on support when he's not around.

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
Crissic - Never

BuyVM - Never

ChicagoVPS - 2015, 2016 at the latest

ColoCrossing/shell companies - 2017 at latest

The way the rep of CVPS, and CC is going, it's only a matter of time before IRS, FBI, and FTC come knocking at their door.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'll chime in along with the few others so far that providers contributing other provider names to this list are playing the dick move.
Long been my gripe, providers taking public dumps on other providers.  Competition is a sin or something like that.

But some of the issues at hand, long defined, sketchy, lots of built up earned aggression.  Yeah would be more swell to see customers comment instead.

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
That's why Ferbozzi was so eager to step up and run his mouth :p  It's easy for him to be a pretend superman hiding behind a monitor - he never did have the balls to come say any of this to our face while we were in Buffalo. <_<
Your words were " We do not want Chris to know when we are there, or have him around". I wanted to meet you, I even talked to Fran about it. Stop playing pussy foot, your the one missing the balls, Im sure you haven't seen yours in quite some time anyway.

peterw

If rumours can kill your company, there's something wrong with either your business model, or your attitude towards (potential) customers. Personally I consider transparency quite a bit more important than "protecting poorly run companies from falling apart". Not to mention that closing a thread doesn't actually make rumours go away.
Rumors killed a lot of people and companies. Lies do the same. The mob believes everything if enough people telling the same bulls**t.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Your words were " We do not want Chris to know when we are there, or have him around". I wanted to meet you, I even talked to Fran about it. Stop playing pussy foot, your the one missing the balls, Im sure you haven't seen yours in quite some time anyway.
I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to meet you...

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to meet you...
I LOVE when other folks retain some of the endless funnies and/or use search.

So much has been said about some companies that when customers buy from them then complain about the shady dealings I facepalm.  Clearly, some companies are doing business based on their unreal offers and little else credibility, ability, customer service, quality of service, etc.   Not pointing any fingers, but I often do.

DirectSpace, whoever picked them, yeppers, overdue obituary.

So who else do we find dying or soon to go?

joepie91

Personally, I'm confused as to why Santrex is still alive - or well, the website is, anyway, boasting "500 GBPS DDoS protection". Did they deadpool or not?

Business case studies 101.  Tylenol. 
Huh?

Its funny how we go from a company that is "so small" and "failing" to instantly "oh your owned by someone else". 
The two are not mutually exclusive.

The mob believes everything if enough people telling the same bulls**t.
Nope.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Actually, Fran's exact words were:

There should be exactly 0 issues on the professionalism side but I highly recommend you tell Fabozzi to go play in his sand box at home for the day. Aldryic has a pretty high boiing point, but I wouldn't put it past Chris to try to get under someones skin.
Nice try on twisting the truth, though.  You can make all the claims and stories you want - bottom line is that we were there, you weren't.  Not even your daddy Biloh had the guts to face us in person, sending two techs to do the handoff instead.

maounique

I actually said there will be big failures this year since half of last year.

I wwould not go as far as naming names but i can easily guess the failure and aquisition rates will go higher as time goes by until somewhere in the middle of this year. Then I do not know but we are all in for some surprises.

GIANT_CRAB

I LOVE when other folks retain some of the endless funnies and/or use search.

So much has been said about some companies that when customers buy from them then complain about the shady dealings I facepalm.  Clearly, some companies are doing business based on their unreal offers and little else credibility, ability, customer service, quality of service, etc.   Not pointing any fingers, but I often do.

DirectSpace, whoever picked them, yeppers, overdue obituary.

So who else do we find dying or soon to go?
Idiots who don't bother to even conduct a Google search on a VPS company before going with them is an idiot.

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
How did this thread get off topic? :popcorn:

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
If he was anything other than scared of us, he wouldn't have tried to buy us out several times now.  Sad news for him though... he simply can't afford BuyVM.

I don't think you would want to sell it to him anyways. Then again, with his owning more than 50% of the market, the FTC would step in and stop it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner