amuck-landowner

Future VPS Company Dead Pool Wager Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh!  I almost forgot my absolute favorite:

http://vpsbycall.com/

I'm not sure they really qualify for a dead pool because it's my strong suspicion they have yet to "award" a VPS, so...
Dumbest idea ever.   How many hours of listening to commercials on your phone does it take to receive a free VPS?

5000 minutes of listening at .80 credits per minute = 4000 minutes = 66.67 hours...

Spending 4 hours a day listening in and racking up your cellular bill will take 17 days.

Somehow I feel this whole things must be operated by Verizon/AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile/etc. to run up phone bills.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
"If he was anything other than scared of us, he wouldn't have tried to buy us out several times now. Sad news for him though... he simply can't afford BuyVM."

He / them can't afford to buy RamNode either and I am certain they tried.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Dumbest idea ever.   How many hours of listening to commercials on your phone does it take to receive a free VPS?

5000 minutes of listening at .80 credits per minute = 4000 minutes = 66.67 hours...

Spending 4 hours a day listening in and racking up your cellular bill will take 17 days.

Somehow I feel this whole things must be operated by Verizon/AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile/etc. to run up phone bills.
The best part of that whole story is the vpsbycall guy saying "hey, you can just dial and if you don't listen, well the advertisers won't know."

Of course, he's saying that in public.

I'm curious to know who/what would advertise with the obvious knowledge that no one is going to listen...but not curious enough to sign up  :D

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It's funny that vpsbycall is yet another Toronto address.  Another mail drop / rental box at an address with various soiled things...   Every time I see Toronto I wonder which idiot it is behind something :)   Sad the sheer amount of BS coming out of there... Disproportionally so.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
"If he was anything other than scared of us, he wouldn't have tried to buy us out several times now. Sad news for him though... he simply can't afford BuyVM."

He / them can't afford to buy RamNode either and I am certain they tried.
He's saving up his pennies to buy a datacenter.

Chris stated there that ChicagoVPS is closing, but whenever asked, he dodges the question and refuses to answer.  Meanwhile, they continue to take 3-year subscriptions.  Classy.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
Personally, I'm confused as to why Santrex is still alive - or well, the website is, anyway, boasting "500 GBPS DDoS protection". Did they deadpool or not?
They were bought by BalticServers months back with all their assets (RIPE IPs etc)

Last edited by a moderator:

Flapadar

Verified Provider
I'm a little surprised this thread exists here rather than somewhere like LET. And then I was even more surprised when it turned into a CVPS VS BuyVM shit throwing contest.

Are we really debating who's going to go bankrupt? 

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I'm a little surprised this thread exists here rather than somewhere like LET. And then I was even more surprised when it turned into a CVPS VS BuyVM shit throwing contest.

Are we really debating who's going to go bankrupt? 
Good point.

I just skimmed from page 1 to here, and this isn't the direction I want vpsBoard to go in. :)

Locked.  :lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner