amuck-landowner

Google Nexus 5

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Is anyone running the Nexus 5?

I've just ordered one for the other half but wanted to know ahead of time if there's anything specific about it that should be pointed out?

Cheers :)

GIANT_CRAB

Design is definitely better because it doesn't explode like Samsung or iPhone's phone design.

Sony's waterproof smartphones crack when it overheats and warranty doesn't cover that.

So if you eliminate all the stupid shitty phone designs, you're left with Google.

VPN.SH

A couple of friends of mine have the Nexus 5 and absolutely love it. I've got the Nexus 4, and had some hardware issues, so going to be upgrading to the Nexus 5 shortly.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I'm seeing a few folk saying the battery life is really poor - any such experience?

johnlth93

You know i got my Nexus 4 about 3 month ago :(

Well my country is slow anyway, Nexus 5 just release here like a month ago  ;)

From what i see Nexus 5 is all good design wise except the camera, it looks funny to me  :blink:

Roger

Verified Provider
I believe there is no better option for the category and definitely subsidized price point. (high-end)!

matt[scrdspd]

SecuredSpeed
Verified Provider
Still enjoying my N4 here.

However, everything I hear about the N5 is positive and I would buy one if I was in the market for a new phone.

tragic

Verified Provider
I'm on a Nexus 4 as well, it's been great. If my screen cracks (again), I'll end up purchasing a Nexus 5.

ihatetonyy

N5 owner here. Love it.

Battery life isn't too bad, especially compared to my GS3. That said, using a tool like JuiceDefender or Green Power will no doubt help more.

Franco's/faux kernel is also a good option, especially with undervolting and the various other tweaks they've baked in.

BBGN-Doug

Verified Provider
I have the old Samsung Galaxy Nexus and am ready for an upgrade and have the Nexus 5 in my list.  I'm contemplating holding out until the Galaxy s5 comes out in March/April. 

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
It arrived this morning early early. I've not been allowed to open it so I've no idea what it's like I'm afraid!

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Google's abandonment issues have me leery of touching anything they put out now.  HTC has been solid for me, been using their phones over a decade now - plus I love how dev/mod friendly they are.  Pricey, but the quality of the phone makes it well worth the investment.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Yep, I'm an HTC fan myself and that's what I tend to run. This was just a random purchase after being moaned at for so long. Interestingly, this NX5 is replacing her Desire HD.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Not mine lol. She wanted to open it herself - first new phone for a while.

amuck-landowner