amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost becoming ColoCrossing, dumping providers, etc.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
derailing the thread a bit, but is there something that I'm missing about notFound / ...? Saw their offer from last month recently and  have considered signing up, but can't see any reviews here or on WHT.
Sent a PM, would rather not get our name listed on a drama thread honestly.

P.S. I know I'm very late, only read the thread properly just now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex U

As per the LET post - Jon has been begging me to remember the NDA which I signed.  This should once again tell you enough about the company.

AtTPHHn.png

AThomasHowe

Don't taunt him, Alex U. Or us for that matter... if you've got something to tell us then just do it. You might be somewhat justified if there's something awful we're not all aware of but at this point that post is reflecting badly on you.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
"Borrowed" from the other place because it made me laugh really hard.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/30087/gvh-email-what-the-paying-to-fill-their-forum-up

Dear GreenValueHost Customers, First of all, I would like to write this message to you thanking you for choosing GreenValueHost as your hosting provider. We appreciate you choosing us, and are trying to make the best possible hosting experience for you! My name is Isabella Donovan, and I am the new customer relations manager for GreenValueHost. My job is to ensure that you are extremely happy with all the services with you have with us. I am extremely excited to announce the new GreenValueHost: Get paid to post program. As you may/may not know, GreenValueHost has a community forum system: http://clowncollege.demigodintraining.com. The community is an excellent resource for users to gain assistance, or to provide their knowledge to members of the community. It can be people asking a question on what plan they should choose, why their site is down, or it could even possibly be other members writing up tutorials to assist other members. The new program pays members in account credit for every quality post they make. We will pay for high quality and 'non-fluff' posts. The posts must have value to our forums. For example, a tutorial, an answer to users questions, starting up a great discussion for other users. Further information about this can be found here: http://clowncollege.demigodintraining.com/index.php?/topic/15-get-paid-to-post/#entry40 If you have a question regarding this new program, please do not hesitate to reply to the post located above. Please note - ticket responses regarding this will not be received. Best Regards, Isabella Donovan GreenValueHost Customer Relations
tl;dr managed to hire a new manager in 2 days (while recovering from his wisdom teeth adventure and cleaning up from the hack which makes the 2 day executive search even more impressive)...nothing's changed, but did anyone really think it would?

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It's probably not. And I thank you for not making a new thread about this, as it's what he wants. (I'd have just merged it with this). He's having a good chuckle because people are talking about him again on his main source of sales even though he's banned.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The language and tone of it does not feel like it should come from a new person.
It's real.   I doubt they have some woman, unless it one of their mothers in said role.

New person = the lad who was put in charge days ago, but under fake name.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
GVH sent out another e-mail about their plans for "Migration-Consolidation-Stabilization". I finally got around to submitting a ticket demanding complete cancellation of my services with them (I know, I know, should have been done months ago). They agreed, then proceeded to delete my client area account while leaving the VPS online and visible in SolusVM. How dumb do they get?

SkylarM

Verified Provider
GVH sent out another e-mail about their plans for "Migration-Consolidation-Stabilization". I finally got around to submitting a ticket demanding complete cancellation of my services with them (I know, I know, should have been done months ago). They agreed, then proceeded to delete my client area account while leaving the VPS online and visible in SolusVM. How dumb do they get?
At least they deleted your account! *facepalm*

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I just wish GVH would stop the games.  It's painful watching a youth learn every damn thing the hard way and do so with poor customers who don't need thrown through a plate glass window then the washing machine.  It isn't like 10 different people didn't tell him the same damn thing on every issue.

Hopefully GVH emerges from current soap opera with more integrity and may I recommend, TRANSPARENCY.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
You confuse me, drmike. Are you bipolar at all?
Just because I confuse you, that doesn't make me bi-polar ;)

See, I detest blind allegiances in this segment where people won't pipe up cause, you know, we are homies yo'.  I slap the stupid, when they need it.  There'd be more slapping for GVH, but the ban is in effect here too.. so I don't want to  promote his ill thought new stuff, which more of the same horror.  Can you say unlimited.... BARF...

Anyways, In general, what I just said is how it is... As much as the lad needs a parental ass whooping (seems not be happening)... Yeah, he's going home to roost at CC and his little enterprise isn't going anywhere... Bombardment shall occur and we'll ride the merry go round and eventually he'll trip, becoming disinterested in segment, find a place to put his little man and he'll be a goner, flip the ship to house brand.  Chalk it up as paper fodder on resume - sold my first company at 16-17...

When the kid was EMO I sent out his address info.  As mean as I may seem to be, I am human, compassionate and at time error on the side of caution when bloodletting is on the evening schedule.  But, I don't let that confuse me for a blind person or a dupe.

As always, providers exist for the satisfaction of customers.  Anything that violates that rule and I take issue with said provider, as a customer.  Mind you, around here I am a rare bird, as I AM NOT A PROVIDER, rather I am an end customer.

You know you are always welcome to PM me for any clarifications...

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
But hell with it... This thread has been a lot of eyeballs and people have read along... If I trip on or in crap, so be it...

GVH is at it again... a retarded UNLIMITED RESELLER hosting plan... Over on WHT (since banned on the other big sites for time being)....

Which is just peachy fun considering GVH failed at reseller hosting at least twice already and bailed - even arguing with customers on WHT and telling them they weren't economically worth it.  GVH's own site still says:

https://secure.greenvaluehost.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=57

Why do you no longer offer shared/reseller hosting?

We have decided to discontinue our offerings of shared/reseller hosting services to new purchases at this time for multiple reasons. The shared/reseller hosting market in the hosting industry is both unstable and unfeasible, and therefore is not something that we wanted to continue offering.
But, of course, since the 27th of June, they are at it again...  Someone at CC sold them UNLIMITED disks and UNLIMITED IPs... So perhaps killing the animals in this one requires one big group order :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well, no need to contribute to the demise... Doing well all on their own to that goal:

Shared hosting at GVH right now:

Server Load 16.35 (8 cpus)

Sounds like more shared hosting slapped inside of a beat up VPS.

amuck-landowner