amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost outsources customer support to India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarland

The ocean is digital
There's a lot of reasons not to do business with a kid who won't be held legally liable for anything he does. Post above mine spoken like a true child. You're welcome to understand nothing about business and life, I'll celebrate your freedom to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hxxx

There's a lot of reasons not to do business with a kid who won't be held legally liable for anything he does. Post above mine spoken like a true child.

I found more childish to say something like "There's a lot of reasons not to do business with a kid who won't be held legally liable for anything he does".

Clearly you must be missing something, because whoever represent legally the company, can be held liable. I think the last time I checked it is incorporated, there is not so much you can do.

And for $5.00, well you must be a true child to fight for that amount of money.

Hxxx

There's a lot of reasons not to do business with a kid who won't be held legally liable for anything he does. Post above mine spoken like a true child. You're welcome to understand nothing about business and life, I'll celebrate your freedom to do so.
Have a lot of pop corn to burn. You amuse me ^ ^ . 

Oh childrens...

hellogoodbye

Have a lot of pop corn to burn. You amuse me ^ ^ . 

Oh childrens...
Before I say anything else, I do agree with you that leaving this forum was the best decision that GVH-Jon could possibly make because despite his earlier claims that this made for great publicity, anyone can see that it was only damaging his reputation further and further. There were many questions thrown at him that he either could not answer or did not want to answer. The more he lingered around and tried to keep up, the more mistakes he made and his frustration led to several things said that I think he now regrets (either that or someone else has seen and berated him for it). Other members also dug up more dirt from his past that would otherwise have not been brought up if he had left earlier, and unfortunately those past deeds provided more insight to his track record that I can now see has shown little improvement. 

With all due respect, however, I do believe you're being quite hypocritical with that condescending "oh children..." comment seeing as you've just displayed the same behaviour you were calling others out for half an hour ago:

I don't know why the forum members are being disrespectful with all the name calling. Stuff like "kid" are being used in a very offensive way, like if they were a superior human.

Hxxx

Before I say anything else, I do agree with you that leaving this forum was the best decision that GVH-Jon could possibly make because despite his earlier claims that this made for great publicity, anyone can see that it was only damaging his reputation further and further. There were many questions thrown at him that he either could not answer or did not want to answer. The more he lingered around and tried to keep up, the more mistakes he made and his frustration led to several things said that I think he now regrets (either that or someone else has seen and berated him for it). Other members also dug up more dirt from his past that would otherwise have not been brought up if he had left earlier, and unfortunately those past deeds provided more insight to his track record that I can now see has shown little improvement. 

With all due respect, however, I do believe you're being quite hypocritical with that condescending "oh children..." comment seeing as you've just displayed the same behaviour you were calling others out for half an hour ago:
You are right, I shouldn't have said "oh childrens". But again I never stated he was, just an expression. ;) 

Now if Jon is trully under 17, why would you have a FaceBook account with your own name, the same name you are using to represent the company and post those hilarous messages being shown at LET? I think Jon is a troll master or the oppositve.

Dylan

Clearly you must be missing something, because whoever represent legally the company, can be held liable. I think the last time I checked it is incorporated, there is not so much you can do.
Are you from the United States? That may be the case in some countries, but it's not here. Basically the only sort of scenarios in which Jon could personally be held liable relate to labor law and people acting as HR managers (e.g. if he were processing payroll and falsified hours worked).

There's some individual liability that still rests on members of the board of directors, but Jon can't be on that since he's a minor.

Hxxx

Are you from the United States? That may be the case in some countries, but it's not here. Basically the only sort of scenarios in which Jon could personally be held liable relate to labor law and people acting as HR managers (e.g. if he were processing payroll and falsified hours worked).

There's some individual liability that still rests on members of the board of directors, but Jon can't be on that since he's a minor.
You said it, "some". I think that if you were to take action to a said company, the people representing it could take some liability. But hey you just wanted to cause the damage right? Or  are you saying that you don't want to take action to the company itself, just to Jon?

jarland

The ocean is digital
You said it, "some". I think that if you were to take action to a said company, the people representing it could take some liability. But hey you just wanted to cause the damage right? Or are you saying that you don't want to take action to the company itself, just to Jon?
It isn't about wanting to take action against him. This is where you reveal that you do not think very business minded. That's ok, we can explain. It's that he has access to client data and can be held legally liable in only the very minimal of ways. Legal liability is considered a form of accountability, which a customer of Jon now knows is nearly nonexistent.

Hxxx

It isn't about wanting to take action against him. This is where you reveal that you do not think very business minded. That's ok, we can explain. It's that he has access to client data and can be held legally liable in only the very minimal of ways. Legal liability is considered a form of accountability, which a customer of Jon now knows is nearly nonexistent.
Respectfuly, I think you are missing the point jarland.

It does not matter if Jon is the real owner or not. In an ideal world, you should not know that. Whoever is in the legal papers is the owner. If being able to held someone liable is what you are seeking, and that make you feel better and more confident , then there is no problem because GVH have legal papers with a name on it. That person is liable. So technically forget about Jon, swap Jon with the name of the legal owner.

Though it has been demonstrated many times before that really doesn't matter ^ ^ . People scamming will keep doing it with legal name or not.

jarland

The ocean is digital
No you misunderstand. The person handling data is not responsible. Their motivation to protect that data is found only in their desire to maintain a reputation and in their desire to stay in the good graces of the legal owner. If he gets angry, he doesn't have to face the legal consequences to the degree that an adult would. You want your provider, the person handling the data, to know the fear of the legal repercussions of immature actions. Immaturity is something he displayed here on page 1, and countless times over the years at WHT. Now we know he's immature and not legally liable, but he's the one handling the data.

You don't WANT to take legal action, you want to know that the person handling your data is legally liable to decrease the chance of you having to take legal action. Taking legal action means the damage of an unfortunate event is done, that situation is the one you want to avoid.

He is immature, he is running the company with no apparent constraints, he speaks and acts out of anger, and he is not legally liable in any significant way if he acts out. This is a BAD recipe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hxxx

No you misunderstand. The person handling data is not responsible. Their motivation to protect that data is found only in their desire to maintain a reputation and in their desire to stay in the good graces of the legal owner. If he gets angry, he doesn't have to face the legal consequences to the degree that an adult would. You want your provider, the person handling the data, to know the fear of the legal repercussions of immature actions. Immaturity is something he displayed here on page 1, and countless times over the years at WHT. Now we know he's immature and not legally liable, but he's the one handling the data.

You don't WANT to take legal action, you want to know that the person handling your data is legally liable to decrease the chance of you having to take legal action. Taking legal action means the damage of an unfortunate event is done, that situation is the one you want to avoid.

He is immature, he is running the company with no apparent constraints, he speaks and acts out I anger, and he is not legally liable in any significant way if he acts out. This is a BAD recipe.
I understand your point is clear and well backed up. But still somebody is going to be held liable, and that somebody will be the name in the legal papers.

Basically the issue is that Jon have nothing to lose.

hellogoodbye

Now if Jon is trully under 17, why would you have a FaceBook account with your own name, the same name you are using to represent the company and post those hilarous messages being shown at LET? I think Jon is a troll master or the oppositve.
Why wouldn't he? Setting aside the fact that those Facebook posts were made back in early 2013 - long before this entire debacle came about - I think you'd be surprised to hear just how many dumb mistakes are made on that website by people who don't realize they perhaps should lock their information/entries or just not post anything incriminating at all. Seriously, search for "stupid crimes facebook" on Google and you'll find lists upon lists of people who genuinely did not think before they posted and ended up paying for their mistakes.

I'm still of the opinion that they're right about his age but regardless of how old GVH-Jon actually is, I think he sounds inexperienced, rash and cocky. I'm not referring to how he writes but to the way he carries himself and responds to situations as well as baiting. All of his actions the past few days - coupled with the unfortunate timing of clients piping up about their network issues around the same time - have served to damage his company name, possibly beyond repair. It really does not help that he has had past history that were chronicled in places like this either: http://hostingtoday.net/greenvaluehost-com-investigation/ 

Even if he is not underage and could be held legally liable for anything that happens down the road, I don't think anyone in their right mind would put their own company's reputation and future on the line just because they wanted to troll a few people on an online forum. 

Hxxx

I don't like that hostingtoday site because they have me on a list of "do not buy from" :(

http://hostingtoday.net/lowend-vps-market-worth-using/
haha. So is he right about your company? I haven't seen (not that I tried search for them) a bad review from your company. I have entered your company website a few times and found everything to be super profesional. I sure plan to test your products.

I'm just curious about your opinion regard to why the author put you in that list? Personal?

SkylarM

Verified Provider
haha. So is he right about your company? I haven't seen (not that I tried search for them) a bad review from your company. I have entered your company website a few times and found everything to be super profesional. I sure plan to test your products.

I'm just curious about your opinion regard to why the author put you in that list? Personal?
Prior history from 2006 I'd assume

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner