amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost outsources customer support to India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
The low end market is massive.
We're larger than what most people think that we are. When I say that we are one of LET's largest and most popular providers, I really do mean it.
I love the logical disconnect.  You seriously think that LET represents even a fraction of a market that existed long before Biloh started using his daddy's chequebook to launch his schemes?

You can have 50 nodes and be one of the largest providers there.  Popularity is easily purchased for blowjobs and ridiculous coupons.  News flash:  LET is a very small pond, and it holds no big fish.  You forget, you're trying to make the "rapid expansion/lots of sales" claim to a company with a reputation for selling 300-500 VMs from a batch of new nodes within hours of them going live, and being completely sold out by the end of the day.  I'm not buying your Kansas beachfront property.

Why don't you get respect from us?  Because I strongly dislike liars.  I kept my mouth shut for a long time, hoping you would have the decency to just admit the situation - but trying to pull a Fabozzi and trying to brag about taking the largest dump in an already stagnant pool?  Honestly thinking that we would believe you aren't part of the CC fiasco?  No, I don't respect that at all.

GVH-Jon

Banned
I love the logical disconnect.  You seriously think that LET represents even a fraction of a market that existed long before Biloh started using his daddy's chequebook to launch his schemes?

You can have 50 nodes and be one of the largest providers there.  Popularity is easily purchased for blowjobs and ridiculous coupons.  News flash:  LET is a very small pond, and it holds no big fish.  You forget, you're trying to make the "rapid expansion/lots of sales" claim to a company with a reputation for selling 300-500 VMs from a batch of new nodes within hours of them going live, and being completely sold out by the end of the day.  I'm not buying your Kansas beachfront property.

Why don't you get respect from us?  Because I strongly dislike liars.  I kept my mouth shut for a long time, hoping you would have the decency to just admit the situation - but trying to pull a Fabozzi and trying to brag about taking the largest dump in an already stagnant pool?  Honestly thinking that we would believe you aren't part of the CC fiasco?  No, I don't respect that at all.
We can grow a couple thousand percent just by taking customers away from our competitors on LET. And also, I can make that "lots of sales" claim because if you have not noticed, our popularity is soaring and we're being talked about constantly on a daily basis now, everywhere. And if you would like to compare BuyVM with us, I can say with confidence right now that I am almost sure that our new orders/sales rate right now is at least as much, if not more, than that of BuyVM's.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I can say with confidence right now that I am almost sure that our new orders/sales rate right now is at least as much, if not more, than that of BuyVM's.
You also had to sell your soul to get that done.

If you want to impress us roll the same offer in a non CC location to prove you aren't getting bank rolled by them.

There's lots of cheap market offers out there!

Francisco

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Hi Fabozzi, almost didn't recognize you there without your trademark bellend behavior.

On a more serious note - I'm expressing why I don't believe you.  You want to compare popularity?  Explain why we kept coming up either in the top 3 or as the runner up for the provider poll over there with no effort and no participation in the community (and without using coupons to buy votes).

It really doesn't matter what you are on LET - that's a CC playground, of course their shells get promoted there.  Like I said, tiny pond with no big fish.  It would be like saying "We're the king of VPSB!", knowing full well that only a couple dozen, if that many, legitimate providers are currently taking part.  Tell you what - the day that your reputation speaks for you, and not your ass, then I'll find your claims more credible.

Anyways, I've said what I wanted to say - you're a liar, a poor one at that, and I'm not going to believe any of your delusions of grandeur anyways; so you might as well tell your stories to someone else. 

GVH-Jon

Banned
You also had to sell your soul to get that done.

If you want to impress us roll the same offer in a non CC location to prove you aren't getting bank rolled by them.

There's lots of cheap market offers out there!

Francisco
We're in the process of doing so and it's happening very soon. Just you watch. ;) And when we do make the same offers (or even better offers!) in non-CC locations, I sure as hell am going to be expecting an apology from you.

And Aldryic, when I speak of popularity, it isn't categorized by how many votes you receive in the Top Provider Polls. I'm talking about sales and growth rate. And from the looks of Fran's reply, I don't think you're doubting what I said about our sales rate being the same or higher than yours.

And if you would like to go back to talking about how our offerings are theoretically unsustainable, my recent two posts on LET argues against that.

Whether or not we offer services at a loss is our decision. It's quite possible that we may or may not be offering these services at a loss to gain publicity (and quite frankly it's working, because there are threads ALL OVER THE PLACE about us EVERYWHERE, we're being talked about, our Alexa rank is soaring from LEGITIMATE traffic, sales for all of our services are soaring (We're even getting shared/reseller plan and dedicated server purchases from VPS clients) .. So to be honest all of this money that we're theoretically losing, we're gaining BACK from misc. sales from all this publicity everyone is giving us.

This is basically the low end industry giving us free advertising everywhere. We don't even have to pay for SEO, we don't even need to pay for banner advertisements, nothing. All these threads advertise the hell out of our services for us and once again, all the money we're theoretically losing is being made back on misc. sales.
Let's just say this: Our misc. sales make up for a lot more than you think. Just as an example, we do have VPN companies signing up for our VPSes and they buy A LOT of IPv4 addresses and pay $1.00/month EACH for them. I'm not going to disclose our IPv4 pricing but our IPv4 pricing is extremely cheap and we make a lot from selling IPs, and the $$ we make from selling IPs ALONE is ENOUGH to make up for the bandwidth overage fees that we would receive if those VPN companies USED ALL of their bandwidth allocations.

And there's a lot more misc. sales, such as full management addon purchases, cPanel license purchases, the list just goes on and on.
And since BuyVM was previously with ColoCrossing, I'm sure you know how low IPv4 pricing can go. And I'm sure everyone else here also knows that when you post 100TB bandwidth offers and allow VPNs, you're going to get orders from VPN companies, and they're going to want more IPs. And they're going to pay decent cash for them, too.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
And since BuyVM was previously with ColoCrossing, I'm sure you know how low IPv4 pricing can go. And I'm sure everyone else here also knows that when you post 100TB bandwidth offers and allow VPNs, you're going to get orders from VPN companies, and they're going to want more IPs. And they're going to pay decent cash for them, too.
Not quite.

Jon tried to get us to use his IP space but we refused. We used our own space.

He also was shocked that we bursted as high as high as we did on our BW usage in Buffalo in the early months. There's a good chance he ate quite a bit of overages because he was on pure L3 at the time.

Francisco

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
And Aldryic, when I speak of popularity, it isn't categorized by how many votes you receive in the Top Provider Polls. I'm talking about sales and growth rate. And from the looks of Fran's reply, I don't think you're doubting what I said about our sales rate being the same or higher than yours.
Funny, I would've assumed that the very definition of popularity would stem from client opinion; not your fabricated figures.

Putting that aside - why are you even assuming you're in the same market as us?  You're not our competition - people come to us for quality and performance, not the Section 8 and welfare that dominates "low end".  Given the prices you're posting and the vast number of sheep that don't know any better and assume it to be a good deal, you should be downright ashamed that you're not 10-15x ahead of our meagre couple dozen daily sales on slow days.

Seriously, you're trying to compare the client flow between a proper steakhouse and some fast food drive-thru.

Last edited by a moderator:

GVH-Jon

Banned
I'd say @Nick_A and @Serverian make more sales than GVH.
That's true without a doubt. We couldn't possibly claim that we're growing faster than RamNode or Oktay's like.. 20 brands or so? They're not even in the same niche as us really so we don't have anything to worry about. We're actually moving our main site and client area to RamNode this weekend.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
And Aldryic, when I speak of popularity, it isn't categorized by how many votes you receive in the Top Provider Polls. I'm talking about sales and growth rate.
Many sales & no votes in the polls = Terrible & Oversold Service

We're actually moving our main site and client area to RamNode this weekend.
Why not use your own servers?? Unreliable?

GVH-Jon

Banned
Funny, I would've assumed that the very definition of popularity would stem from client opinion; not your fabricated figures.

Putting that aside - why are you even assuming you're in the same market as us?  You're not our competition - people come to us for quality and performance, not the Section 8 and welfare that dominates "low end".  Given the prices you're posting and the vast number of sheep that don't know any better and assume it to be a good deal, you should be downright ashamed that you're not 10-15x ahead of our meagre couple dozen daily sales on slow days.

Seriously, you're trying to compare the client flow between a proper steakhouse and some fast food drive-thru.
If that was the definition of popularity then I guess then I could say that Steadfast Networks is more popular than Endurance International Group/EIG. Right?

And yes we're not your competition. So why do our affairs matter to YOU? It certainly doesn't affect YOUR sales does it? Do I meddle and commentate in your affairs? Not at all.

But really, I shouldn't be complaining to be honest because as I said before, this publicity is helping our cause.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
It certainly doesn't affect YOUR sales does it?
That's the exact point I've been making.  You're not as big as you claim, or seem to think you are.  You can take a number like... 20, and triple it to express your "rapid growth".. but at the end of the day, 60 is still less than 100.  Far less than 1000, 5k, and so on.

But really, I shouldn't be complaining to be honest because as I said before, this publicity is helping our cause.
Trying to be like Chris does absolutely nothing to reinforce your claims of not being in Biloh's pocket.  The _only_ people that don't care about negative publicity are the ones with guaranteed capital - and that comes in the form of being someone's pet.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
if I may be blunt, like you're hiding something.
If I may be blunt, it's really none of our damn business who the kid is taking to the junior prom next spring and if he wants to hide his date's name he should be able to without being raked over the coals for it. :p

your deals seemed like total bargains
word of advice to save you from a lot of grief in your VPS hunting: redefine your definition of "total bargain" from "quantity at a low price" to "quality at a low price".  Look for deals from a provider who has received good reviews for the quality of their service and avoid the deals that seem to good to be true (i.e. 40GB RAM, 1 PB bandwidth, 10 PB storage) from providers who have mixed reviews.

hellogoodbye

If I may be blunt, it's really none of our damn business who the kid is taking to the junior prom next spring and if he wants to hide his date's name he should be able to without being raked over the coals for it. :p

word of advice to save you from a lot of grief in your VPS hunting: redefine your definition of "total bargain" from "quantity at a low price" to "quality at a low price".  Look for deals from a provider who has received good reviews for the quality of their service and avoid the deals that seem to good to be true (i.e. 40GB RAM, 1 PB dandwidth, 10 PB storage) from providers who have mixed reviews.
That's what I've been doing actually, but thanks for the advice anyway. It's hard speaking as someone with zero computer background (unless a random comm tech class from high school counts) to tell where the line is drawn between quality and quantity or which deals seem too good to be true. All I know is given how little I know about how pricing works in VPS hosting, it's harder for me to justify plunking down more money right away when all I'm going to be doing for at least a few months is learning my way around with Linux. But that's exactly why I've been shopping around and reading up on a load of reviews so I can not only compare the pricing and specs, but also what people are saying about different providers. I don't know the back stories of anyone here and I have a feeling it's going to take a long time to read up on all of that, but in the meantime you have to understand that first impressions do make an impact, especially for someone new to the scene like me. I know full well it's none of my business what he's hiding-- if he's even hiding anything at all. But that's part of the vibe I get from him and based on everything else I've seen I don't feel comfortable going with GVH as a host. That's all.

GVH-Jon

Banned
That's what I've been doing actually, but thanks for the advice anyway. It's hard speaking as someone with zero computer background (unless a random comm tech class from high school counts) to tell where the line is drawn between quality and quantity or which deals seem too good to be true. All I know is given how little I know about how pricing works in VPS hosting, it's harder for me to justify plunking down more money right away when all I'm going to be doing for at least a few months is learning my way around with Linux. But that's exactly why I've been shopping around and reading up on a load of reviews so I can not only compare the pricing and specs, but also what people are saying about different providers. I don't know the back stories of anyone here and I have a feeling it's going to take a long time to read up on all of that, but in the meantime you have to understand that first impressions do make an impact, especially for someone new to the scene like me. I know full well it's none of my business what he's hiding-- if he's even hiding anything at all. But that's part of the vibe I get from him and based on everything else I've seen I don't feel comfortable going with GVH as a host. That's all.
Please provide me with the opportunity to prove to you that we're a quality host. If you send me a PM I can arrange for you a absolutely free VPS plan of your choice for 3 months, completely fully managed. I'm confident you'll be satisfied with the quality of our services. A lot of people say that you can either have quality or quantity but here at GVH we believe in providing both at an affordable cost. It's possible, but to be honest what I truly believe is that it's only possible here at GreenValueHost ^_^

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Please provide me with the opportunity to prove to you that we're a quality host. If you send me a PM I can arrange for you a absolutely free VPS plan of your choice for 3 months, completely fully managed. I'm confident you'll be satisfied with the quality of our services. A lot of people say that you can either have quality or quantity but here at GVH we believe in providing both at an affordable cost. It's possible, but to be honest what I truly believe is that it's only possible here at GreenValueHost ^_^
I'm interested in doing some benchmarks with it :)

GVH-Jon

Banned
I'm interested in doing some benchmarks with it :)
PM me, I'll set you up also with the same offer. I'm more than willing to prove anyone here that is doubting our services that we are indeed a quality host and that we are the absolute best at doing what we do.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
PM me, I'll set you up also with the same offer. I'm more than willing to prove anyone here that is doubting our services that we are indeed a quality host and that we are the absolute best at doing what we do.
PM'd.

hellogoodbye

Thank you for your generous offer! I'm not in need of a second VPS at the moment - to be honest, I wouldn't even know what to do with it even if I got one now - but if there's no expiry date to this offer I would love to give it a shot in the future. Hopefully by then I'd be more knowledgeable and able to discern quality vs quantity. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner