amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost outsources customer support to India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I'm more than willing to prove anyone here that is doubting our services that we are indeed a quality host

I think I'll take you up on that offer because I only get 66TB monthly on one of my servers and with your generous 250GB of disk space I should be able to fit everything onto a VPS.  Will short load spikes like these violate your CPU policy (these loads are from an E3-1245v2 dedi..normal load is 1-2)? :)

Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 01:00:44 +0100 (CET)

Subject: lfd on xxx.xxx.xx: High 5 minute load average alert - 34.83

Time:                    Fri Jan 17 01:00:44 2014 +0100

1 Min Load Avg:          155.45

5 Min Load Avg:          34.83

15 Min Load Avg:         11.73

GVH-Jon

Banned
I think I'll take you up on that offer because I only get 66TB monthly on one of my servers and with your generous 250GB of disk space I should be able to fit everything onto a VPS.  Will short load spikes like these violate your CPU policy (these loads are from an E3-1245v2 dedi..normal load is 1-2)? :)

Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 01:00:44 +0100 (CET)

Subject: lfd on xxx.xxx.xx: High 5 minute load average alert - 34.83

Time:                    Fri Jan 17 01:00:44 2014 +0100

1 Min Load Avg:          155.45

5 Min Load Avg:          34.83

15 Min Load Avg:         11.73
If what you're running can peak a 155 then our node is going to end up panicking and shutting down as a result of hosting you on the node so the answer is No we're not going to be interest in hosting you for the best interest of our clients.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
If what you're running can peak a 155 then our node is going to end up panicking and shutting down
That' load spike is due to an incoming web-based attack. If your E3 node panics when loads spike to 150 you need to work on your server's configuration because it should be able to withstand short load spikes like that.  That E3 with the 155 load gets hit several times a week, and I've seen load spikes up to 300, but it has 221 days of uptime (we also have defenses in place that will stop most attacks within a few minutes)

GVH-Jon

Banned
That' load spike is due to an incoming web-based attack. If your E3 node panics when loads spike to 150 you need to work on your server's configuration because it should be able to withstand short load spikes like that.  That E3 with the 155 load gets hit several times a week, and I've seen load spikes up to 300, but it has 221 days of uptime (we also have defenses in place that will stop most attacks within a few minutes)
We'll work something out. Drop me a PM. :)

GVH-Jon

Banned
We experienced tremendous growth starting around the time that we posted our LET New Year Specials which stirred controversy of unsustainability and tremendously increased our capital. With a whopping 12.1 thousand views, it is easily the most recently popular offer thread on LET. We kicked it up a knotch with even more sales, even more advertising, brought back ex clients due to policy changes.. I don't even know where to start. It's only the beginning of the morning and 30 orders are in the queue. :)

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
It's particularly sad when Jon comes onto IRC trying to show off that he just bought a sticky thread over at WHT or posts his financial/WHMCS set income.

I'll be amazed when you buy a WHT sticky in the VPS/Dedi offers section, hopefully that $600/wk won't throw you off and make you loose all your commission from HVH.

Last edited by a moderator:

GVH-Jon

Banned
It's particularly sad when Jon comes onto IRC trying to show off that he just bought a sticky thread over at WHT or posts his financial/WHMCS set income.

I'll be amazed when you buy a WHT sticky in the VPS/Dedi offers section, hopefully that $600/wk won't throw you off and make you loose all your commission from HVH.
We don't receive funding from HVH. We pay from our OWN capital which is not funded by anything but our sales.

bizzard

I am not sure why I didn't find this thread yesterday. I am from India, from the southern tip. Just read the first two pages and I can't resist responding.

I don't find drmike's comment much of a humiliating one, as I am aware of the fact that many in India are not so good in communicating with English. 

What I want to contradict is the one quoted:

I know someone dropping a whopping $700 a month for a team of Indians 24/7 for the very same support / niche / industry.
Considering the fact that $700 is a small amount in US, its not the case here. The conversion rate for USD is around 62 INR. That makes 700$ above INR 40000, which is double the salary that a software developer in a reputed company gets here. If you consider the average wage for a software developer, it might be somewhere around 10000 to 15000 INR per month. So, 700$ is a BIG amount.

A meal here costs me ~0.5USD. I live a month here with less than INR 10000, with all my expenses met and even with a bit of savings. I am still unmarried, so, I don't have a family to look for now. So, I'll be glad to get the job of a support tech for around USD 250 to 300 spending around 8 hours for what I love doing and that gives me an opportunity to learn new things.

Let me read the rest and I'll try to reply, with things I am familiar here.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Underwhelming.  I am warning now.  Your bubble will burst spectacularly.
Don't worry, he'll very shortly claim that those were "old numbers" from before "the massive growth in sales".  Once he figures out how to rig WHMCS reports, and tries to convince us that he doesn't have an 80% overhead, we can probably expect a new screenshot showing millions :p

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Don't worry, he'll very shortly claim that those were "old numbers" from before "the massive growth in sales".  Once he figures out how to rig WHMCS reports, and tries to convince us that he doesn't have an 80% overhead, we can probably expect a new screenshot showing millions :p
At best I can see someone being swallowed by their upstream before the end of the year.

bizzard

Well, I just completed reading the 7 pages and the discussion is now on a completely separate route. No comments, as it isn't something of my interest. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner