amuck-landowner

GVH Terminates Cloud Hosting And Moving Out From Buffalo

Kadar

Verified Provider
I should move my cpanel hosting to their premium hostus brand... Btw don't you have to live in the US or have a registered business in the US to own a .us domain?

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
If you think about it too, it was a VPS/OnAPP server not a physical entity. 
That's really scary....

I should move my cpanel hosting to their premium hostus brand... Btw don't you have to live in the US or have a registered business in the US to own a .us domain?
I don't think that would make a difference. If I were you I would jump ship from that whole family of companies, but that's just my two cents. 

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
[...] Btw don't you have to live in the US or have a registered business in the US to own a .us domain?
As per the http://www.neustar.us/the-ustld-nexus-requirements/

Eligibility Requirements.  As a .US domain name registrant, you hereby certify to the best of your knowledge that you meet all of the .US Nexus Requirements, which provide that registrants must be either (i) a natural person (a) who is a United States citizen, (b) who is a permanent resident of the United States or any of its possessions or territories, or © whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions; or (ii) an entity or organization that is (a) incorporated within one of the fifty United States, the district of Columbia, or any of the United States’ possessions or territories or (b) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or territories; or (iii) a foreign entity or organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possession or territories. (sales of goods or services or other business, commercial or non-commercial including not-for-profit activities) 

Kadar

Verified Provider
Sorry let me fix my previous post

I should move my cpanel hosting to their premium hostus brand...

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Alex, you really need to sort this out. There is real potential for 'Elaine' to find herself in real, serious trouble.
Not a timeout and sent to his bedroom.  Don't tell her, like, please!

The "her" not to tell in this instance would be the Queen :p. because UK companies can be fined £1,000 for each instance of not including the required company info on their websites, emails, order forms, etc.  The reason you don't see UK company owners throwing around the word "transparency" in their offers or forum posts (or flexing their epenis muscles by bragging about their low end VPS company's size) is because transparency is a given and required by law if you operate a registered UK company. (yeah, my company does own a UK LTD so I've had the displeasure of having to familiarize myself with the 761 page long Companies Act of 2006 and all of its amendments as well as the gazillions of other UK rules...). 

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
a final notice notifying ...

That's what notices do, they notify... 

migration to complete sometime tomorrow.

it's "to be completed"
"we are expecting for the migration to complete sometime tomorrow" seems like valid phrasing, although the 'for' makes it kinda awkward as fuck. What's the problem there?

amuck-landowner